• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Amazing ZombiU trailer

Guys, just came from an event Ubisoft organized in Madrid and could try ZombieU.

The game is trash. Seriously. It really plays bad. It's like if the gamepad and the game didn't get along. You have to look the touchscreen and the tv screen at the same time and it's not cool.

The camera control is very wierd. Sometimes it moves fast and others too slow. I didn't know what the hell was going on and when I wanted to react I had three zombies around me and my only weapon was a cricket bat that did no damage.

Conflicts with every other hands-on I've read.

GDGF

Soothsayer
The difference between Red Steel hype and Zombi U hype is that the vast majority of people who have played Zombi U are saying really good things about it.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Guys, just came from an event Ubisoft organized in Madrid and could try ZombieU.

The game is trash. Seriously. It really plays bad. It's like if the gamepad and the game didn't get along. You have to look the touchscreen and the tv screen at the same time and it's not cool.

The camera control is very wierd. Sometimes it moves fast and others too slow. I didn't know what the hell was going on and when I wanted to react I had three zombies around me and my only weapon was a cricket bat that did no damage.

The game plays great from my earlier hands-on, just must not be the game for you.

Do people have hype goggles on or something, because this doesn't look good. It looks kinda generic and fitting of the generic title. Being forced to use the tablet for fine aiming is also a terrible idea. though I guess that can potentially be turned off.

Mit-

I'm incredibly speculative of this game. I was so excited for Red Steel. It was a pretty awful game. This game screams all the same trends as Red Steel. Launch title out of nowhere. (Does anyone even know who's developing it?) Simplistic premise. Horribly uninspiring name. Game seemingly designed around taking advantage of as many Wii U features as possible instead of being designed to be a good game. Etc etc.

By all means, I hope it's good, but I've got no expectations until those reviews hit.

The difference between Red Steel hype and Zombi U hype is that the vast majority of people who have played Zombi U are saying really good things about it.
I don't really remember hearing a lot of bad about Red Steel pre-launch.

x-Lundz-x

This and Mario and the only reasons I am remotely interested in WiiU right now. Looks good.

If gearbox and do something awesome with the controller for Aliens that would be big plus.

Hoo-doo

Banned
aww its too hard for u

Sounds like a Dark Souls type game :)

That's one of the worst attempts at spnning a negative comment I have ever seen.

There is no relation at all between ZombiU and Dark Souls. I mean, this is a fucking Ubisoft zombie FPS we're talking about.

Trigger

This looks like a very standard zombie first-person shooter with a few Wii U-specific features that seem pretty minor. Why the excitement?

It's a launch title, no? If someone has already committed to the Wii U this game probably looks refreshing compared to another Mario, Zelda, etc game. As someone who won't be buying a Wii U anytime soon, I wasn't blown away.

Daschysta

I'm incredibly speculative of this game. I was so excited for Red Steel. It was a pretty awful game. This game screams all the same trends as Red Steel. Launch title out of nowhere. (Does anyone even know who's developing it?) Simplistic premise. Horribly uninspiring name. Game seemingly designed around taking advantage of as many Wii U features as possible instead of being designed to be a good game. Etc etc.

By all means, I hope it's good, but I've got no expectations until those reviews hit.

I don't really remember hearing a lot of bad about Red Steel pre-launch.

1. The game actually looks like what we think it looks like, we aren't relying on bullshots.

2. Hands on impressions have been incredibly positive on a whole.

3. There is a reason for the name, it is named after the first game ubisoft ever made, called "Zombi"

4. The mechanics are actually very rare how many other games have permadeath and teh ability to regain lost supply from tracking down your former character?

5. We know the developer.

6. I think you meant to use the word "Skeptical".

Grakl

Current is just a product
(not multiplicative product, mind you)
of voltage and resistance. Human resistance is a constant, so the voltage determines the current here.

Thus, you can predict human reaction/death by voltage. :)

Hey, now, simple physics do not work in the realm of NeoGAF. We can't do maths either. Too many variables.

This looks like a very standard zombie first-person shooter with a few Wii U-specific features that seem pretty minor. Why the excitement?

• The concept of scavenging in a dangerous enironment and being vulnerable seems to have been well realised in gameplay.
  • The concept of your character becoming more experienced in weapon use and accruing scavenged weapons and items makes the perma-death aspect more compelling -- you lose your shit, you've gotta go find Zombie-You and get it back. Assuming you don't run out of survivors to play with.
  • The social interaction aspects are cool.
  • It looks good. Voicework sounds good. Production values look good. Seems like it have a few cleverly scripted jumps and scares.
  • The scenario - post apocalyptic London - the London underground, the Mall, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge etc ---- it looks cool!

I honestly don't see why anyone would be down on the game actually.

Krabboss

• The concept of scavenging in a dangerous enironment and being vulnerable seems to have been well realised in gameplay.
  • The concept of your character becoming more experienced in weapon use and accruing scavenged weapons and items makes the perma-death aspect more compelling -- you lose your shit, you've gotta go find Zombie-You and get it back. Assuming you don't run out of survivors to play with.
  • The social interaction aspects are cool.
  • It looks good. Voicework sounds good. Production values look good.
  • The scenario - post apocalyptic London - the London underground, the Mall, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge etc ---- it looks cool!

I honestly don't see why anyone would be down on the game actually.
I think you're being sold too much on the concept.

I think the game could go either way, but I feel the same way about a lot of games. It could be good, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was bad. I'm just waiting to see what people have to say about it when it comes out.

Isn't this...well...a feature, adding to the games atmosphere of vulnerability and danger all around you?

I err towards trusting people who make a living out of giving game impressions as opposed to random junior members on NeoGAF

radioheadrule83
Believes in his Wii

yeah..let me put you in perspective ( in my broken english ;( )

im 45 years old,32 years on the gaming industry,developing games and working on european gaming press,reading neogaf since 2006,( never posted because my poor english)

yes..im a junior member and i dont know anything about gaming at all

So you only trust people who talk only positive things about your system of choice,nice to know.

Dont get me wrong people I WAS INTERESTED in the game,wanted a wiiu just for this title,but after playing on the ubisoft event,meh,left me cold,feels and plays very unpolished

How about reading up on the game, its nothing standard about it, its a survival horror game with perma death, and a lot of features from games like DayZ and Dark Souls.

no,this game is nothing like day z or dark souls

stick to angry birds. it is more your skill set. or bingo.

Skiesofwonder

From my experience, this game should be played with the Controller Pro.

That would go against the whole point of the game. I really don't know how the game could feel like "trash" to you unless it really is just not your type of game. From what I played it had a high difficulty level, but played similar to HD Twin FPSs and the instant real-time menu on the Gamerpad is what makes the game click. I had zero problems with the camera, touch screen was super responsive, and controls were as well.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I err towards trusting people who make a living out of giving game impressions as opposed to random junior members on NeoGAF, especially for games that are months from release

Yeah, only trust the positive impressions from people in the Wii-U thread instead of the criticisms, surely that's not going to lead to overblown hype and expectations at all.

stick to angry birds. it is more your skill set. or bingo.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

jmizzal

How about reading up on the game, its nothing standard about it, its a survival horror game with perma death, and a lot of features from games like DayZ and Dark Souls.

Krabboss

Features from Day Z and Dark Souls? It's just a first person shooter roguelike, homie. I don't think mixing those two video game concepts together automatically makes a winner. I mean, I thought Borderlands was hot garbage, and it sounded promising.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Features from Day Z and Dark Souls? It's just a first person shooter roguelike, homie. I don't think mixing those two video game concepts together automatically makes a winner. I mean, I thought Borderlands was hot garbage, and it sounded promising.

People are trying their hardest to make ZombiU into the next "GAF darling", so to speak.

I sometimes doubt they have even played DayZ or Dark Souls.

radioheadrule83
Believes in his Wii

yeah..let me put you in perspective ( in my broken english ;( )

im 45 years old,32 years on the gaming industry,developing games and working on european gaming press,reading neogaf since 2006,( never posted because my poor english)

yes..im a junior member and i dont know anything about gaming at all

So you only trust people who talk only positive things about your system of choice,nice to know.

Dont get me wrong people I WAS INTERESTED in the game,wanted a wiiu just for this title,but after playing on the ubisoft event,meh,left me cold,feels and plays very unpolished

Sounds like a Ubisoft game to me.

I can't believe people still trust Ubisoft's Nintendo release after all these years. You can trust Rayman, and that's about it.

Mit-

6. I think you meant to use the word "Skeptical".

Aha! You're right. Although I looked up speculative before posting and it still works!

As for all the other stuff, it still isn't very reassuring. Red Steel was so bad because it played like hell (I thought it still looked like a fairly nice game, especially for its time), and the motion sword fights were so lame (everyone had the sad realization of how unimpressive the motion sensing capabilities of the Wii were compared to expectations).

Even if they are few in number, I take any negative impressions of ZombiU very seriously.

Also who at Ubisoft is developing this? Is it anyone notable?

Skiesofwonder

Yeah, only trust the positive impressions from people in the Wii-U thread instead of the criticisms, surely that's not going to lead to overblown hype and expectations at all.

I think some people are having problems with his impressions becuase most of his complaints are positives for people looking forward to ZombiU. You are suppose to balance both the Gamerpad screen and what is happening on the television, and the game is designed to make you feel vulnerable at times because of it. Getting surrounded by three zombies and stuck with a cricket bat is not the game's fault, but (honestly) yours. You have very limited ammo, and if you don't use it wisely/scavenger for it, then you are basically screwed.

That's why I'm saying the game must not be for him. As for controls, he is the first person I have seen that has complained about them. It plays exactly like a HD Twin FPS accept for without hip-fire and having to balance your inventory in real-time.

x3sphere

Some new screens too (more here http://vgimg.com/215/zombiu/)

215-zombiu-byQ.jpg

215-zombiu-TyQ.jpg

215-zombiu-ZyQ.jpg

Skiesofwonder

The Red Steel comparisons stop at 'Nintendo launch game". Red Steel was made by Ubisoft Paris (not the greatest of pedigrees) whose only notable games at the time were XIII and some Ghost Recons, while ZombiU is made by the team that brought us Beyond Good and Evil, Rayman Origins, From Dust, and (soon) Rayman Legends. Not to mention even Bozon and Matt (from the old Nintendo IGN) shitted on Red Steel from the very first hands-on, while impressions have been mostly positive for ZombiU.

I'm not saying ZombiU is some amazing game or anything like that. Most likely it will end up being the Condemned of the WiiU launch, at least that is the impression I got from my hands-on time.

Top Bottom