• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Assassin's Creed 3 screenshots

ecmJO.jpg
This is a brilliant picture.

After being very down on the franchise after Brotherhood and not even playing Revelations because I thought the franchise has been milked dry those screenshots actually look very nice. New scenery changes a lot.

Of course one always hopes that the game gets another push like it did from AC1 -> AC2 but that's statistically unlikely. ;-)

If it's as good as AC2 felt, it's going to be great.
Haven't kept up? There are a ton of changes and additions to make it an even bigger leap than 1 -> 2.

Irish

Every damn ACIII thread. Hoods, Architecture, DNT LK SRS (PLZ B DIFF) 10 min play only

*huge fucking rant on why the II trilogy gets shit on only because of the release dates and not the content changes deleted. You guys would have been owned by the way, just sayin'. :p*

Really love the way everything seems to pop off the screen.

The series has always been 95% 2-3 story buildings. There are less landmarks admittedly, but I will gladly take that if gives us a bigger focus on events like the directors have said. Hell, I think the architectural variety between even the basic buildings makes it far more impressive than cities of the past.

There should be a bunch of new articles being released on Monday.

I really hope little time is spent in the "cities", I'm sick to death of cities in these games and these will be the least interesting, hopefully this game is mostly in the outskirts

Irish

I really hope little time is spent in the "cities", I'm sick to death of cities in these games and these will be the least interesting, hopefully this game is mostly in the outskirts

Well, a full-third of the game takes place in the Frontier area. There are still some buildings out there, but it is mainly wilderness.

Even in the first one, I mean sure he had the monk looking robe, don't mind the long sword, daggers, belt and shoulder full of throwing knives though, I'm just a monk guys!

Can't believe people really would complain about these things.

It's not that he fit in perfectly before, it just seems even more out of place now.

Never played any of these games and never had any intentions to. Watched my friends play them and never really cared much. These screens interest me though.

As someone who lives outside the outskirts of Philadelphia I am still surprised they are using Valley Forge and not Philadelphia itself. The city was basically the capital and birthplace of the revolution, tons of historical events happened there, Washington had to flee the city to Valley Forge after the British blockaded the Delaware River and invaded the city, and it was occupied for 10 months with Benedict Arnold in charge. Way to skip a city that was a major part of history.

sflufan

Banned
As someone who lives outside the outskirts of Philadelphia I am still surprised they are using Valley Forge and not Philadelphia itself. The city was basically the capital and birthplace of the revolution, tons of historical events happened there, Washington had to flee the city to Valley Forge after the British blockaded the Delaware River and invaded the city, and it was occupied for 10 months with Benedict Arnold in charge. Way to skip a city that was a major part of history.

Gotta save something for the DLC!

Zeliard

Limited resources. I'm sure they would have put it in there if they could have.

Kanguro

Neo Member
Major kudos to Ubisoft for not being afraid of changing things up with the series. The obvious thing to do would have been to go with 18 century Paris or Victorian London and just have us climbing around famous landmarks and dual blading chumps like in the last 4 games. Instead, Ubisoft grabbed on to their balls real tight and are trying to do a take on the oft-cited guerilla warfare that went on during the revolutionary war. Mostly unexplored subject matter, considerably altered gameplay (i hope), and potentially completely new gameplay elements.

This is the kind of sequel I can get behind. Whoever said this was similar to MGS3 hit the nail on the head. Take a familiar property and put it in a completely different setting and see how far you can push and bend familiar gameplay mechanics.

MisterHero

Kinda disappointed about the similar Assassin clothing. He needs a tricorner hat or a powdered wig. Still, the screens are incredible.

hopefully they use the Turtle (a sort-of precursor to the submarine)

Bulzeeb

well, the game takes place in the U.S and the main character is a native american with some english blood right? so why is the guild called "Gremio de las Sombras" instead of Shadows guild or something like that, or is Mexico involved somehow? can someone explain this to me, I haven't been following this game news, thanks in advance?

ismk

Here's hoping Ubisoft does something special for this game because I'm personally tired of the Assassin's Creed 2 formula.

Caelus

well, the game takes place in the U.S and the main character is a native american with some english blood right? so why is the guild called "Gremio de las Sombras" instead of Shadows guild or something like that, or is Mexico involved somehow? can someone explain this to me, I haven't been following this game news, thanks in advance?

That logo is the logo of an unofficial Spanish Assassin's Creed fan site.
http://gremiodelassombras.com/
This is where most sites have been obtaining the screenshots.

RedAssedApe

Banned
These must be PC screenshots. But still....hrnnnngg. The red coats are coming.

Has anyone mentioned that the main character looks completely out of place? Because he does.

Yeah...at the very least he could change his cape to red when fighting red coats or something haha. They should really update the tailor mechanic to actually effect gameplay. Like the camo in MSG3

Jesus, that looks incredible. Even if they're PC shots, it's going to look good and the art direction/atmosphere looks excellent.

Top Bottom