• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New! Best Buy $100 gift card coupon w/ 160GB PS3 purchase - coupon inside

MultiCore

steadfast said:
Jesus, so does that mean there's going to be a PS3 Slimmer announced at E3?
It means they've been selling low numbers of PS3's due to the PSN thing.

Damn, beaten.

FrankT

brucewaynegretzky said:
Nah just that PS3's aren't selling at all since the security breach and Gamestop needs to move some.

Maybe a little bit both. $50 cut in June maybe. Would be surprised by $100 in June, but who knows. Not sure about slim-slim next month, but I was thinking possible by fall. Still $200 PS3 ain't too shabby.

RavenFox

Banned
brucewaynegretzky said:
Nah just that PS3's aren't selling at all since the security breach and Gamestop needs to move some.
You have some kind of documentation on that? Being that E3 is around the corner and all.

RPGCrazied

That would be crazy if they dropped it to $199, I guess they aren't selling systems lately, since their online service is dead in the water.

Damn, if I had some extra money right now I'd do it. It WOULD be my 4th PS3, but that's a good deal.

How about they release the White slim to NA though...guess I'll import that whenever I'm ready.

FrankT

I didn't catch this earlier but the email does have two different dates as to when this ends. 5/15 in the small text and 5/29 in the main.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
brucewaynegretzky said:
Pretty much.

Still.

$199 for a new PS3 is... tempting, even with all Sony's recent trouble. I might jump on this, and just never EVER give them my credit card info.

Huff

Banned
RavenFox said:
You have some kind of documentation on that? Being that E3 is around the corner and all.

I was in a gamestop yesterday, and the guy at the counter said they have had dozens of PS3s sold back to the store because of the PSN thing. I would not be surprised if they weren't selling.

Aurarian

I might be interested in trading my 60GB PS3. She hasn't broken down yet and she's much quieter than my 360. I don't really play any of my older games and if I ever want to, my PS2 can handle the job. Still working after eight years. I just don't know much about what I would have to do transfer my stuff over to the new PS3 and I think it requires PSN being back online for certain things? Or am I wrong?

Credo

I'm thinking about doing this deal. For the past 6 months, my 60gb has started running hot and VERY loud after only being on for 15-20 minutes, so I'm afraid it doesn't have a long time left. It's too bad the website has never actually let me activate my PowerUp card, so I guess I'll have to get the guy at Gamestop to do it.

Aurarian

opticalmace said:
So the cost of signing up for Power Up is $15? Is this correct?
Yes, with a free subscription to Game-Informer for a year I believe if you want the "Silver" card. The regular card is free and they give it to you when you make a purchase(at least that's what happened with me).

RPGCrazied

I'd buy another one, if I had the money. Though my 160gb is only 6months old, I'm not stressing out for it to break too much.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
In all this talk about PS3 and price-cuts, new SKUs etc, it has been mentioned that a new SKU or SKUs passed through the FCC a while back? Or am I totally imagining that?

FrankT

pharmboy044 said:
Anyway of getting this deal even though one might not have this so called Gamestop membership?

Coupon from a member. Though that actually might require showing membership card as well (at the counter). Yea it says swipe card so pretty much need both.

gofreak said:
In all this talk about PS3 and price-cuts, new SKUs etc, it has been mentioned that a new SKU or SKUs passed through the FCC a while back? Or am I totally imagining that?

Not sure.

BroHuffman said:
I didn't get the email and dont see this deal on the Power Up Rewards/Gamestop website.

I couldn't say though the email does show I have the Pro membership. Perhaps the vanilla no such offer?

For those thinking about signing up for $15 and getting this coupon, I don't think it's automatic. I haven't received any kind of email/nothing on my active deals section of the website. Don't know how you're selected, I'm assuming if you have a heavy 360/PC purchase history, you might get one.

The Faceless Master said:
spend fifteen bucks and get a membership? i'm guessing they'll require the card and the coupon.
Didn't realize the membership was so inexpensive. I'll probably go that route.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
ThingontheFloor said:
For those thinking about signing up for $15 and getting this coupon, I don't think it's automatic. I haven't received any kind of email/nothing on my active deals section of the website. Don't know how you're selected, I'm assuming if you have a heavy 360/PC purchase history, you might get one.
You have to be a power rewards member, not just a normal... basically it's the same thing, but you may not have updated your card yet is all.

FrankT

alstein said:
$80 or $100 credit. I checked last week. may have gone down since then.

Really that is it? Remember last year it was quite a bit more. I mean like double that latter part of last year.

pharmboy044 said:
Didn't realize the membership was so inexpensive. I'll probably go that route.

It is worth the Game Informer by itself.

Top Bottom