• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New! Best Buy $100 gift card coupon w/ 160GB PS3 purchase - coupon inside

TommyT

MiniDitka said:
Just talked to a Gamestop rep and he said the deal is available for all Power-Up members and that I should be receiving the e-mail soon :D

When this is true let me know. Then I'll become a PUR just for this reason... but as with most, will believe it when I see it.

TommyT said:
When this is true let me know. Then I'll become a PUR just for this reason... but as with most, will believe it when I see it.
The question is if it's just for current members, or will signing up now get it to you, too?

Fantasmo

I'm not so sure everyone is going to receive this.

I just called the Power Up rewards hotline and they told me that the coupon is given to select members but they aren't told who or what or why.

It could be by region, it could be by age group or other demographic.

The lady said I received a $25 off Playstation Move coupon in my Active Offers instead (sure enough, it's there), so I said to her that wasn't very fair as I have no interest in a Move yet others are given the option to receive a PS3 for $100 off. I then asked her to file a complaint on my behalf about getting a lame offer while others receive a better one and that I'll consider this practice in the future when my Rewards card expires.

mollipen

If everybody doesn't get this, then let me jump into the pool of people asking those who did but aren't going to use them for the coupon.

TommyT

shidoshi said:
If everybody doesn't get this, then let me jump into the pool of people asking those who did but aren't going to use them for the coupon.

The codes are unique which raises speculation that it could be linked to an account some how.

atomsk

Party Pooper
junkster said:
The lady said I received a $25 off Playstation Move coupon in my Active Offers instead (sure enough, it's there), so I said to her that wasn't very fair as I have no interest in a Move yet others are given the option to receive a PS3 for $100 off. I then asked her to file a complaint on my behalf about getting a lame offer while others receive a better one and that I'll consider this practice in the future when my Rewards card expires.

I'm going to guess that people who already have PS3 games in the "my games" tab, probably won't get the PS3 offer (because they assume you already have a PS3)

I got the Move offer as well (don't care enough to buy one)

But I'd like to get another PS3, and it's a damned shame if I don't get the coupon. Oh well

Will keep hoping for a price drop I guess

mollipen

There's always that possibility, but worst that happens is that someone like me who received one can't use it, and I can let the person who gave it to me know and they always could if they wanted.

At least worth a shot. With my poor 60GB having just died, this would make it far easier to justify having to buy a whole new PS3.

TommyT

MechDX said:
At CAG couple users have utilized other peoples coupons with no problems.

Oh? From what I've read it hasn't been confirmed yet. This was the last I've seen of it:

Originally Posted by mrniceguy8 View Post
Got the coupon. Gave it to my friend. As much as I do want a PS3 right now and this is at a great price, I can't really afford it. If only this coupon was given to me three months from now.
Let us know if the coupon works for your friend. That will help resolve the question about whether or not these coupons are directly connected to one's PUR account.

Is there a confirmation? Because then we might as well get a 'begging' thread going for it. Which one could include me on :)

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I got mine, and my purchases have all been Nintendo or Microsoft. Those cheeky bastards.

(Well, besides PS2 and PSP, but I don't think I had a rewards card then)

TommyT

Seems you can use other peoples coupons:

breakingcustoms said:
For those who care, I attempted to use the coupon posted earlier. It did come up used and the employee offered the purchase price of 299.

These are one time use coupons...here's to hoping I get one in my account soon!

Someone posted a PDF of their coupon as they were not going to use it. Time to get begging boys!

Coupon pdf please :D?!?!?!

-PXG-

If I had the money, I would totally take advantage of this. Been considering getting a second PS3 for some time now.

Im a powered up member and didnt get the coupon...thats crap. I was going to give it to my friend that wants a ps3 since I already have one but now I guess I have to wait.

sholmes

Neo Member
My PS3 just got the YLOD on Sunday while playing Portal 2. It was a literal Day 1 launch 60GB model from November 17, 2006 and was my only PS3.

If anyone would be so kind as to help me "get back in the game," so to speak, by sharing a PUR code they don't intend to use, I'd much appreciate it.

Huff

Banned
Reply from gamestop:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com. We value your participation and the feedback you provide.

You can access it by going to https://www.poweruprewards.com/Account/ActiveOffers and logging into your account. Once you have logged in. you will see your listing for your coupon. Just click on the coupon that you wish to use and it will take you to the printable version.

Please note, the coupon can only be used in the store. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to respond to this e-mail or call 1-800-883-8895. Thank you and have a great day!

Best Regards,
Rose
GameStop Customer Service
PowerUp Rewards

When I logged into active offers, there was nothing.

No actual response to any of my questions, such as if the PS3 offer is for everyone and if not, why do I not apply.

I sent another email thanking them for this great email and hope I get some real answers on the next reply. I doubt it.

worked for me. Got the email yesterday, went in today and bought the 160GB model. I don't even think I had to be a paid member, since the discount seemed to apply before he even mentioned it was expired. I renewed anyway though.

DustinC

Here was the reply I got from my email too, just to compare:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com. We value your participation and the feedback you provide.

Please reply with the following information so we may assist you:

Your first and last name:
Your PowerUp Rewards card number (387xxxxxxxxx):
The email address that you used to establish your membership:
A short description of the issue or error (if not already provided):
Your Internet Browser and Version you are currently accessing the website with:

If you have any further questions, please respond to this email.

Best Regards,
Rachel
PowerUp Rewards

www.poweruprewards.com

Sounds like they think I'm talking about a technical issue, even though my email was pretty detailed. I guess I'll respond again just to see what else they say.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
The guy who runs the Kmart deals thread at CAG mentioned that there was a deal on PS3s coming the week of 6/5 that was worth foregoing the use of the $60 in coupons I have now that will expire before then. I'm not sure if that means there will be another of those coupon/gift card deals, or a general price drop, but I think I'll just use my coupons on that L.A. Noire deal they're having next week. Is that supposed to be any good?

MiniDitka

Just received this e-mail.

Hello,

The 100 dollar coupon for the PS3 are being sent out to our customers at different times. The coupons are being sent out daily throughout the next few weeks. If you need any further assistance please contact customer support.

Best Regards,
Alvina
PowerUp Rewards

www.poweruprewards.com

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
MiniDitka said:
Just received this e-mail.

Hello,

The 100 dollar coupon for the PS3 are being sent out to our customers at different times. The coupons are being sent out daily throughout the next few weeks. If you need any further assistance please contact customer support.

Best Regards,
Alvina
PowerUp Rewards

www.poweruprewards.com

That's good to hear but I wonder if I would get mine before the offer ends if I would sign up today or tomorrow.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I found out that the coupons are being sent to people who have no PS3 items in their PUR purchase history.

FTR, I received a coupon even though I don't have the GI subscription. It gives me a reason to buy. Which great titles are on sale on (the downed) PSN?

MiniDitka

Kagari said:
I found out that the coupons are being sent to people who have no PS3 items in their PUR purchase history.
So the PS3 game I got for a friend is whats gonna screw me over......fuuuuuk!

Huff

Banned
Kagari said:

Weird, since I've never bought anything PS3 related through Gamestop.

Oh well, just sent my 3rd email, maybe I'll get something more than an automatic reply this time.

Elixist

So anyone have luck signing up just for this deal? I'll sign up if I get the coupon I'm in the market for ps3 , just not in a huge hurry been waitin for a deal.

Also Amazon has a free extra Dual Shock right now if you buy a ps3, 42 dollar value. Not too shabby and everyone usually needs at least 2 controllers so a decent incentive.

evil ways

Just checked and got the $25 off coupon. Fucking bummer since I have a launch 20gb model that currently sounds like a hair dryer and gets really hot.

Would've considered trading it and the $100 coupon for a Slim.

Acrylic7

sholmes said:
My PS3 just got the YLOD on Sunday while playing Portal 2. It was a literal Day 1 launch 60GB model from November 17, 2006 and was my only PS3.

If anyone would be so kind as to help me "get back in the game," so to speak, by sharing a PUR code they don't intend to use, I'd much appreciate it.
Gamestop gave me $280. TRADE IT IN.

Thinking about going for this offer, but my current PS3 is one of the MGS4 Bundle models that offers backwards compatibility. What to do, what to do...?

Huff

Banned
NegativeZero said:
Thinking about going for this offer, but my current PS3 is one of the MGS4 Bundle models that offers backwards compatibility. What to do, what to do...?

Buy another? You don't have to trade your old one in (unless you want to)

TommyT

NegativeZero said:

If you want another just buy another. If you don't, there are plenty of people who would take the coupon off your hands
;D

Huff

Banned
Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately the $100 Sony PS3 coupon was only sent to a target group of customers who met the following criteria:
? Indicated not owning a PS3 in their ?Gamer Preferences? on their online Power Up Rewards account
? Did not have any transactions or purchases of PS3 consoles, accessories or games in any GameStop store or GameStop.com
? Did not indicate a PS3 item in the Game Library under ?I Want, I Have, or I Had?

Please note that meeting the criteria did not guarantee a coupon.

We cannot resend this coupon but we do encourage you to be sure you have accurately answered all the questions on your ?Gamer Preferences? as we do base our Marketing targets on this information.

Best Regards,
Scott
PowerUp Rewards

Well looks like my wait to get a good deal on a slim continues

omgkitty

Kagari said:
They're worth $90 right now.

That's what I thought. I am considering this, but if I do it, I am just going to keep my 60GB PS3. No sense in selling it for $90, especially when you can get 3x as much on Amazon or Ebay.

MiniDitka

Just got this in my e-mail.

Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 09:16:09 -0700
To:
Subject: RE: PS3 Offer (#2697-230315573-1642)

Hello,

The $100.00 Playstation promotion was only sent out to a targeted group of people who DO NOT have Playstation games or Playstation console in their profile. This was only for a marketing trial. There is currently no way for us to regenerate the coupon. If you have any further concerns on this situation please contact customer support.

Best Regards,
Alvina
PowerUp Rewards

www.poweruprewards.com

I fired off a nasty e-mail back letting them know I'm done shopping at Gamestop. I mean WTF, I'm being penalized because I bought 2 PS3 games at their store for my friend.... screw that.

Miletius

I have one in my account, but I'm not 100 percent sure that I'll use it yet. If I decide not to I'll pass it along to somebody that needs it.

DustinC

BroHuffman said:
Well looks like my wait to get a good deal on a slim continues

Got the exact same email. I probably should have been trading in at Amazon before now, but this will make a good time to start.

Havok

This plus the Best Buy Infamous deal just got me to buy a PS3 (plus Demon's Souls).

Now I'm actually invested in PSN's status :(

Havok said:
This plus the Best Buy Infamous deal just got me to buy a PS3 (plus Demon's Souls).

Now I'm actually invested in PSN's status :(

Haha, I was the same way. I only had a 360/Wii beforehand so the PSN stuff was just an interesting story. Then yesterday I was like, "cool, I got a PS3, time to download some demos...ahh fuck"

Cheech

First person to PM me their e-mail address and the lyrics to Iron Maiden's "Powerslave" will get my coupon.

TAKEN, thanks for playing all :D

Top Bottom