• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New! Best Buy $100 gift card coupon w/ 160GB PS3 purchase - coupon inside

Purexed

Banned
Cheech said:
First person to PM me their e-mail address and the lyrics to Iron Maiden's "Powerslave" will get my coupon.

TAKEN, thanks for playing all :D

Thanks Cheech...you're a real American! :)

Cheech

Purexed said:
Thanks Cheech...you're a real American! :)

You are quite welcome. Something tells me that Sony is going to need your +1 NPD sale this month. Heh heh heh

I had thought about using it myself and upgrading my aged 2007 era 40 gig unit, but it more or less works just fine. I bought a second GPU for my PC today (Crossfire), so dem monies be spent. The upgrade was $200 on the dot, too.

Machine

I just used my coupon. Total came to $130 after trading in some random accessories. Oh happy day! My launch 60GB is going into semi-retirement after I transfer my data over.

MiniDitka

Just got off the phone with customer support and basically she said this is Sony's promotion and they are the ones sending out the e-mails/coupons. No PS3 for me then.

kunonabi

I'd be willing to trade my coupon for some old games if anyone is interested. As long as the game has the original case and plays well I'll take it(dreamcast games require manuals though). Send me a PM and I'll give you the list of what I'm looking for.

MiniDitka said:
Just got off the phone with customer support and basically she said this is Sony's promotion and they are the ones sending out the e-mails/coupons. No PS3 for me then.

The coupons are going out in phases, everyone should have it in their PUR account by the 14th.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Square Triangle said:
The coupons are going out in phases, everyone should have it in their PUR account by the 14th.

Everyone, or just people who have no PS3 purchase history?

Kagari said:
Everyone, or just people who have no PS3 purchase history?

Everyone, going out in different markets at different times and such. Everyone with PS3 history or not will get the coupon. Sony is just offering this to non-PS3 owners first before inventory is out.

Square Triangle said:
Everyone, going out in different markets at different times and such. Everyone with PS3 history or not will get the coupon. Sony is just offering this to non-PS3 owners first before inventory is out.

Hmm...I have a PS3 still I got the coupon.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Square Triangle said:

If it's a promo from them, then it all but confirms a price drop soon.

MiniDitka

Square Triangle said:
Do you work for Gamestop?

Elixist

So whats people's guestimation for the pricedrop? I guess 50, I'd really like 100 though, but that just seems bonkers.

xXJonoXx

Elixist said:
So whats people's guestimation for the pricedrop? I guess 50, I'd really like 100 though, but that just seems bonkers.

With all the talk of this being a promotion from Sony via Gamestop, I think it might be a test to see how much interest it spurs in sales over this time before E3 to decide the value of a price drop if there is one, especially with PSN being down.

I know I'd buy a second PS3 at $200.

xXJonoXx

I want to get a slim for my girlfriend for her birthday, but I am extremely cheap. Anyone got a extra coupon to spare? Help me make her a gamer at heart!

Huff

Banned
xXJonoXx said:
I want to get a slim for my girlfriend for her birthday, but I am extremely cheap. Anyone got a extra coupon to spare? Help me make her a gamer at heart!

Whens her birthday? Just wait about a month and it looks like you'll be able to buy one with a price drop.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else out there get a coupon they're not using? My roommate is moving out with his PS3 next month and I haven't gotten around to beating 3D Dot Heroes and Demon's Souls.

Docpan

I really need this coupon, but it's still not showing up under my Active Offers. Are we sure that anyone can use anyone's code? If there are any GAFers left who have a code but don't plan on using it, and if it'll work for me, I want it.

Edit:

Have to reneg on the 25 dollar GC offer. I can't fucking find it.

Zeal

Banned
just signed up today. hoping im lucky and get it.

dude at gamestop said people with no prior ps3 purchases get theirs first.

Zeal

Banned
sorry for bumping this, but has anyone else received any extra coupons? just wondering if they are still going out. PS3 is dying and need a replacement for dark souls.

thanks.

MiniDitka

Square Triangle said:
Its the 14th and still no coupon :( If you don't mind me asking where did you get this information from?

Kagari said:
Square Triangle lied. They're not sending out anymore coupons.

Was there a reason only select people got the coupons? I was looking to upgrade from my launch 60gb to a slim. I wonder if theres gonna be a price cut within the next month.

Lingitiz

Thinking about trading in a few new releases and my Kinect (50% extra accessory credit) in order to take advantage of this deal. I like Kinect and the possibilities it has but I just don't have the time and energy to play it after long days and whatnot. Is this a wise move this late in the console cycle? Had a 360 since launch and although im satisfied with it, I've been really wanting to play stuff like Uncharted. This is the only chance I've really had to get a PS3 without spending a whole lot.

Also, being a big baseball fan MLB the Show seems to be the only quality baseball game out there so its a big factor.

Lingitiz said:
Thinking about trading in a few new releases and my Kinect (50% extra accessory credit) in order to take advantage of this deal. Is this a wise move this late in the console cycle? Had a 360 since launch and although im satisfied with it, I've been really wanting to play stuff like Uncharted. This is the only chance I've really had to get a PS3 without spending a whole lot.

Get a PS3 you can enjoy great games like uncharted, infamous, demon souls, GoW 3, LBP...the list goes on. I have all 3 consoles, ive never been a fan of sony consoles but I think they have the best first party/exclusive stuff.... even better than nintendo at the moment

As long as you're not trading your 360 away, this isn't a bad decision. We're late in the cycle, but the general consensus is that there won't be a new console till about 2014. Plus the PS3 Slim is pretty sturdy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Anyone got one of these coupons left over they'd be willing to give to me? Need to help a friend out... PM me if so, thanks.

Chris R

Kagari said:
Seems there's also a way to get one from Target... hmm.
Seems like a pretty big hassle though :| If it was 100% to get the coupon and easy I'd probably be down so I'd have a replacement for when my 60GB finally dies :(

Top Bottom