• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New! Best Buy $100 gift card coupon w/ 160GB PS3 purchase - coupon inside

Javaman

No BC no sale for me. Hopefully they'll announce addng it back in during E3 but I'm not going to hold my breath.

krae_man

The only times I've ever purchased the Canadian equivilant of the Power Up rewards card is when the discount I would get that day is greater then the cost of the card. They've had a couple of sales when the rewards card has only been $5 and $2.

Holy mother of fuck. I would totally take this offer if not for 4 things.

PSN still down, no reliable internet to take full advantage of it anyway, I want a PSP more, and buying a 3DS is currently my top priority.

That said, this is still mighty tempting.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Been wanting to upgrade to a slim for quite some time since my launch 60 gig is running out of room. I don't mind signing up but at the same time I want to make sure that I can absolutely get in on this.

Is it easy to do a data transfer from one PS3 to another?

MultiCore

Kagari said:
lol. It's never coming back.
And it's a damn shame.

If these idiot companies weren't so gung-ho about switching architectures for comparatively minimal performance benefits, we'd have awesome BC and wouldn't have to lose any sleep.

mollipen

Been trying to figure out what to do about my YLODed PS3, so if I hear from somebody that I can just go sign up for the card and for sure get the offer, I might indeed do it.

shidoshi said:
Been trying to figure out what to do about my YLODed PS3, so if I hear from somebody that I can just go sign up for the card and for sure get the offer, I might indeed do it.
Clearly nothing is for sure, since several Power-Up Rewards members have already posted here indicating that they haven't received a coupon.

Edit: Whoa, it's Shidoshi. I enjoyed your work in the old GameFan mag.

fernoca

From what I was told by 2 employees, the coupon is not for everyone; but they don't know who's receiving it ..or why.

The average member is going to receive a "get Gears 1 used free, if you buy Gears 2 used-coupon (for 1,000 points). [just checked and yep..I have that "offer"]

Been a member since day one, and I already have a PS3; maybe it is related to the purchases you've made since being a member.

FrankT

fernoca said:
From what I was told by 2 employees, the coupon is not for everyone; but they don't know who's receiving it ..or why.

The average member is going to receive a "get Gears 1 used free, if you buy Gears 2 used-coupon (for 1,000 points). [just checked and yep..I have that "offer"]

Been a member since day one, and I already have a PS3; maybe it is related to the purchases you've made since being a member.

So it's somewhat random coupon. I see. Apologies.

MiniDitka

Jtyettis said:
Just got this in my email. Check your boxes.

Members-Only Exclusive!

Purchase a new 160 or 320 GB Sony PlayStation 3 between now and Sunday, May 29, and get $100 off*!

This hot deal requires a coupon to receive the discount, but we've got you covered! Look for the coupon in your Active Offers section of your PowerUp Rewards account. Simply log in, print your members-only coupon, and get to your nearest GameStop store.

Just looked and it wasn't there :( Guess it isnt time to get a PS3.

yyr

I wonder if they're just not rolling the e-mail out to everyone at once. I haven't gotten one yet... hope I do. Been wanting to upgrade from my old 20GB to a Slim... I'd combine the trade-in value with the coupon to get it cheap!

(If anyone's looking for a BC 20GB PS3, PM me before I get rid of it)

JesseZao

In the unlikely event of a newer slim version I hope they don't just make another pancake of the previous version. Make the footprint smaller please (if my BC 60gig ever dies).

atomsk

Party Pooper
It would be nice to have an OFW Slim PS3 to go along with my CFW Fat...

If only they'd send me the damn coupon =/

The PS3 certainly doesn't need an even slimmer model. Sony (and Nintendo) might be able to justify releasing several redesigns for their handhelds (as that affects ergonomics more than aesthetics), but not for consoles. Releasing three versions of a console is just milking it.

If by some chance Sony did unveil another resign of the PS3 though, I'd hope that at the very least, it's completely backwards compatible with PS2 games. That still wouldn't justify it's existence, but it would be inexcuseable for it not to be.

How much are PS3s?

I might buy one again just for Uncharted 3.
$100 off is a damn good deal.

(Sold mine after MGS4... played UC2 on a friend's).

Edit: I don't have any offers... wtf?

Machine

I did get the coupon. I am seriously considering buying a backup since I'm paranoid that my launch 60 is bound to get the YLOD soon.

[Nintex]

Maybe Gamestop has a bit too much PS3's lying around or perhaps an official pricedrop is coming? In any case this is a crazy bargain.

RS4-

For the Canadians, I think it's trade in any ps3 and get $200 off a new one. Might be worth it if you've got one close to dying or picked up a used one fairly cheap.

975lw5.gif

If someone can figure out to hook me up with this coupon (I'm a PowerUP member - just not getting it) I'll buy a PS3.

My PS3 friend will be pleased.

MiniDitka

statham said:
I didn't get a email, but when I checked on the powerup site it was there under messages.
All I got was that stupid gears deal. As someone who does a good amount of business with Gamestop this really pisses me off.

MiniDitka said:
All I got was that stupid gears deal. As someone who does a good amount of business with Gamestop this really pisses me off.
Same here, and I don't even have a 360 (something the site should KNOW from my settings). Lame, lame, lame!

I got the email, and my "pro" membership actually expired like a month ago, haha. Does it actually say anything about being a "pro" member or whatever? I didn't see it in the small print.

I don't mind signing up for the $15 thing, but it would be cool if I didn't have to...

DustinC

Got the fucking Gears coupon. Sucks to know you're getting the equivalent of a $5 coupon when others are getting $100 off of a system. Especially since my PS3 just got the YLOD around the time PSN went down. Bleh.

Hmm, I'd buy a Slim even though I have a Launch 60GB here. I'd probably just pack up my launch unit and bring it out for PS2 games.

Although I haven't gotten the coupon. :(

MiniDitka

statham said:
I didn't get a email, but when I checked on the powerup site it was there under messages.
Does anyone know if this deal is located in Messages or Active Offers? In my message box I have a crappy Gears offer and under Active Offers there are two crappy deals of $5 off any purchase/$10 off any pre-owned game(crappy in comparison to getting $100 off a PS3 ; ) )

I, too, am a powerup member, but received no coupon. And I was thinking of getting one for my girlfriend. Anyone want to send me theirs, if they don't want it?

Huff

Banned
Solstice said:
I, too, am a powerup member, but received no coupon. And I was thinking of getting one for my girlfriend. Anyone want to send me theirs, if they don't want it?

I emailed powerup/gamestop to find out about the members who didn't get the coupon. I should get a reply in the next day or two.

tc farks

Got the email this morning. Its a great deal and tempting the crap out of me.

I have enough games already to play on 360 and Wii though. And the Cafe/Stream is drawing near. This might just be overkill for me, but for quite some time I've wanted to dabble in a few of the PS3 exclusives.

RPGCrazied

MultiCore said:
And it's a damn shame.

If these idiot companies weren't so gung-ho about switching architectures for comparatively minimal performance benefits, we'd have awesome BC and wouldn't have to lose any sleep.

They only did it I'm sure is to sell more PS2 units, and the PS2 HD collections that seem to be trickling out. Thing is, they just want more $$$$. But their a business, so its not to hard to understand. Yeah, it does suck, but what can you do.

TommyT

Not a PUR member but would definitely bite on this deal. I've been looking for a second PS3 and to get one for $200 would be amazing. Gogo if you get one!

MiniDitka

Just talked to a Gamestop rep and he said the deal is available for all Power-Up members and that I should be receiving the e-mail soon :D

Top Bottom