• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crackdown 3 screenshot

RBH

I remember when Crackdown 1 was not looking too hot in the months leading up to release and was getting a fair amount of criticism, and it got just enough polish before its release date. Hoping for the same with Crackdown 3.

cakely

That is a nice-looking screenshot, but after the gameplay videos my expectations couldn't be much lower for this game.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Day one

Microsoft needs to fucking hurry and bring the original to backwards compatible and none of that pre order bullshit.

My guess is, Gamescom announced Crackdown 3 comes with all One X pre-orders.

Crackdown 3 also becomes available for digital pre-order that day, comes with codes for 1 and 2.

1 and 2 available for BC that day.

JlNX

My guess is, Gamescom announced Crackdown 3 comes with all One X pre-orders.

Crackdown 3 also becomes available for digital pre-order that day, comes with codes for 1 and 2.

1 and 2 available for BC that day.

And the crackdown 3 multiplayer cloud Beta dated.

Stillmatic

forpastecrackdown3viscdsjl.jpg

Looks like a photoshop/promo shot. Compare the shadows of the background buildings and enemies to the 2 characters and building closer to the camera. Maybe a render composited into gameplay?

Ushay

Looks like the new Crackdown. Like they have shown.
I like the artstyle.
Can't wait for the sheep filled antihype train that will fill this thread.

Nope. That's the exact same artstyle.

Edit: Just to make sure for the people who have no clue: this image is not native resolution. It's enlarged and compressed.

They will be in like clockwork.

OT - These screens look amazing. I wonder what the cutscenes look like at release..

Flipyap

Apparently this is what the cutscenes look like:
DFLixEHXUAEoV5E.jpg:large

Different artstyle than the game, probably pre-rendered in a different engine from a cgi company.
What in the world is this mess? It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted to make this cartoony or realistic, so they slapped a realistic head and shaders on a cartoon character's body (his arm muscles are so heavily stylized, it's like an entirely different art style). That black outline seriously makes no sense here.

Dueck

Banned
The only thing this game has in its corner right now is extremely low expectations for it that will almost certainly (hopefully) be exceeded. I had fun with the first Crackdown, not so much with the sequel, and this has been something that's just sort of there... I never really cared. How keeping this going rather than allocating resources to another team to finish Scalebound (see: a system seller, which is especially important for hyping up the Xbox One X launch) is beyond me.

Honestly, Agents of Mayhem looks better in every conceivable way, which is why I pre-ordered that instead. At least the track record of the Saints Row brand, unpolished or not, is one of a fun series that made me laugh countless times (predominantly with it, not at it).

I remember when Crackdown 1 was not looking too hot in the months leading up to release and was getting a fair amount of criticism, and it got just enough polish before its release date. Hoping for the same with Crackdown 3.

They started out rough but I have a feeling they are going to really kick it up a notch in the last stretch just like the New England Patriots did in their Super Bowl 51 victory over the Atlanta Falcons.

Head.spawn

Looks a lot better now., hopefully they'll toss out some clean 4k footage soon.

Also, that livestream was fucking lit.

Verder

yall... they should really add terry crews..

i mean we aint getting him for doomfist so lets go for crackdown3

#terrycrews4crackdown3

Top Bottom