• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls Announcement Coming? Like a Facebook page to find out.

Anything other than DLC or a sequel announcement would be lame.

New content >>>>>>>>>>> ports

Always.

It amazes me that anyone would think otherwise.

MRORANGE

even if the pc version is released, you know there going to do something backwards like adding GFWL instead of steamworks.

Emitan

Maybe they do, and that's fine. What if it's never coming to PC, though? Why not just buy a console?

Because Namco has been making a whole lot of smoke and noise about a PC version? And why would someone spend hundreds of dollars on a console in 2012 for one game?

Draft

Dark Souls PC excitement is mostly because of how shitty Dark Souls performs on consoles. Even during the best of times it's a little sluggish, and there are long stretches where the framerate flirts with the teens. That's pretty bad for an action game, but people accept it because the overall design is so good.

Take that design and pair it with a platform that cranks out a blistering 60 fps? For-fucking-get about it.

Also of course at this point in the generation every hardcore gamer has abandoned the consoles and moved onto the PC, so it's a shame that one of the best hardcore games is stuck in the console ghetto.

Dark Souls PC excitement is mostly because of how shitty Dark Souls performs on consoles. Even during the best of times it's a little sluggish, and there are long stretches where the framerate flirts with the teens. That's pretty bad for an action game, but people accept it because the overall design is so good.

Take that design and pair it with a platform that cranks out a blistering 60 fps? For-fucking-get about it.

Also of course at this point in the generation every hardcore gamer has abandoned the consoles and moved onto the PC, so it's a shame that one of the best hardcore games is stuck in the console ghetto.

Shut the hell up.

Because Namco has been making a whole lot of smoke and noise about a PC version? And why would someone spend hundreds of dollars on a console in 2012 for one game?

Well, they would probably play other games, too. Consoles are cheap compared to PCs anyway.
I didn't know there had been any rumors about a PC version of Dark Souls, so I guess that's a good reason for any PC only gamer to wait.
If they already own a console, though, I don't see why they wouldn't rather have new content, even if a PC port would obviously be superior to the original game

I just bought this on the 360 so of course it'll be the PC announcement. That seems to be how my luck is. Oh well, will double-dip to show support for a great game.

kfpkiller

lulz

mt1200

badass-meme.gif

mxgt

Banned
aaah just fucking tell us already

vita? day one
PC version? day one
DLC? day one

whatever it is I'll buy it

dino1980

Well, they would probably play other games, too. Consoles are cheap compared to PCs anyway.
I didn't know there had been any rumors about a PC version of Dark Souls, so I guess that's a good reason for any PC only gamer to wait.
If they already own a console, though, I don't see why they wouldn't rather have new content, even if a PC port would obviously be superior to the original game

Because I can play the game again with 120fps, 1080p 4xSSAA and 16 AF. :)

Chavelo

Can we please not turn this thread into a PC vs Console shitfest? Let's just move on and complain about liking things on facebook to reveal shit and the possibility of something being revealed for Dark Souls. PC port? DLC? A pretty picture? Let's speculate people!

Also, you're doing it wrong if you choose one setup for gaming. This is NeoGAF. You're posting in the gaming section. You most likely play video games. Why do you try to make your purchase make you feel better about yourself?

The hell is wrong with you, people.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
There are plenty of reasons to want a game on PC. Besides smoothing out any performance issues, running at 60+ FPS, and having a higher native resolution, the fact that a PC version basically guarantees indefinite forwards compatibility should be enough to want the port.

It will be the best possible version of the game preserved for the ages. Why wouldn't a fan want that?

Screw that Facebook "Like" stuff. In a just world, no one would "like" the page and thus the announcement would never be made. But we don't live in a just world. :(

Songbird

Prodigal Son
There are plenty of reasons to want a game on PC. Besides smoothing out any performance issues, running at 60+ FPS, and having a higher native resolution, the fact that a PC version basically guarantees indefinite forwards compatibility should be enough to want the port.

It will be the best possible version of the game preserved for the ages. Why wouldn't a fan want that?

But but but the game being on PC would betray From's original vision! Yeah these arguments I've seen are silly.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Troof.

Dark Souls is the rare kind of game I can see myself revisiting ten years from now, and I'd much rather be able to play it properly on a gaming PC then dust off some long-dead console. Over the past year I've been catching up with some classic games from 10+ years ago, and I've played most of them in 1080p, 60fps, with scaled interfaces and fixes for various bugs and balancing issues that the OG devs were unable to fix. DS deserves that.

See, this guy gets it.

i sure as hell would want it, as a huge fan of the series. if i had to play it with a mouse and keyboard though... no thanks. has to be played with a Dualshock or a very similar controller, IMO.

Guevara

From is small; either they make a PC port instead of a new game, or they outsource and we get an underwhelming port. I would rather they use their bandwidth to make something new than manage porting something old.

Top Bottom