• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls Announcement Coming? Like a Facebook page to find out.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Demon/Dark Souls is a hilarious series. It was first championed by PS3 fans, angered by a multiplatform release, and now its being championed by console fans in general. I'm guessing after PC its gonna be iOS.

mxgt

Banned
XQ2Qz.gif

/please

0Qppy.png

I'm not against a PC port at all. But as someone who has a console and won't have a gaming PC anytime soon I am being selfish and want more content that I can actually use right now. Give us both and that would be great.

Dizzy-4U

You know what would be neat besides a PC port? A random enemy placement option.

Just for those who have beaten the game to death.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Demon/Dark Souls is a hilarious series. It was first championed by PS3 fans, angered by a multiplatform release, and now its being championed by console fans in general. I'm guessing after PC its gonna be iOS.

Virtual buttonz would butcher Souls' awesome combat.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I will not like your stupid Facebook page, and you will announce Dark Souls PC anyway. So there, take my money.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
From is small; either they make a PC port instead of a new game, or they outsource and we get an underwhelming port. I would rather they use their bandwidth to make something new than manage porting something old.

1) Most games are already developed on (and already run on) computers. I'm not suggesting that releasing a port isn't work, but the number of people required to port a game is not the same number of people required to develop the game from scratch.

2) Outsourcing a port in no way suggests that it would be of inferior quality. Most ports are completely transparent to the end user, being handled by different arms of a company. Hell, the latest round of Sega ports like Sonic Generations were handled by a small team in England and those were better than their original, console counterparts.

This poor thread was doomed from the beginning.

Wasn't DLC rumored awhile ago? Some "Dark Forrest" patent or something?

This facebook like shit is annoying. Just give us the damn news already.

Instro

Difference being an actual good PC port has benefits beyond just being on your platform of choice. Dark Souls PC, how its meant to be played.

I don't disagree, but there are posts in here that are just shitting on consoles because a hypothetical PC version would be superior. I dont see how this is any different from people who complained about how certain Wii games should have been on the 360/PS3.

Foffy

Banned
Personally, and I mean no ill to PC fans, but I wanna see a new game.
With a PC release so it's no damned port, but something designed with the platform in mind from the get go.

PC or Vita. Im double dipping either way.

Sadly it will be DLC with a new monster and some new OP weapons which people can abuse for easy kills!

Foffy

Banned
PC or Vita. Im double dipping either way.

Sadly it will be DLC with a new monster and some new OP weapons which people can abuse for easy kills!

Pfft, they should have another King's Field throwback and make Guyra a boss and have him soul suck you/violate your being unlike anything else in the game.

The only abuse would be the players body.

Kyoufu

Highly doubt it's DLC. FROM refused to do any day 1 DLC because they considered the game to be complete. Facebook announcement for DLC would be weird too. If it was DLC then you'd hear about it in Famitsu first, but a PC port on Facebook makes more sense.

Corto

Soulville a Facebook game.

"Corto wants to give you a bag filled of souls. Do you accept it? Yes. No."

Edit: and it qualifies as a PC version too. 2 in 1.

Durante

Well, yeah... It's weird to me that anyone would play games only on PC and complain about console only games remaining on console rather than just buying a console to play it
Then I'll blow your mind: I own all the consoles and will still complain about console only games remaining on console!

From is small; either they make a PC port instead of a new game, or they outsource and we get an underwhelming port. I would rather they use their bandwidth to make something new than manage porting something old.
It's a PC port of a PS360 game. Put 3 programmers on it for 1 month.

mxgt

Banned
I can picture it now

The picture fades and it's announced that Dark Wood Grain Ring has been removed from the game.

And everyone celebrates

I was hoping more along the lines of a western artbook release since Japan's getting one at the end of March.
Just imagine all that concept art goodness...HHHHNNNNNNNGGGGHHH!

Zeliard

Highly doubt it's DLC. FROM refused to do any day 1 DLC because they considered the game to be complete. Facebook announcement for DLC would be weird too. If it was DLC then you'd hear about it in Famitsu first, but a PC port on Facebook makes more sense.

It's hard to even envision what they'd do with DLC. There's certainly been DLC before with other open world games, but Dark Souls doesn't particularly seem to lend itself well to that, unless it's limited to stuff like new weapons.

DemonNite

not gonna get my hopes up. It will just end up being a repackaged re-release called Dark Souls Gold Edition or some shit like that.

VITA PLEASE

It's hard to even envision what they'd do with DLC. There's certainly been DLC before with other open world games, but Dark Souls doesn't particularly seem to lend itself well to that, unless it's limited to stuff like new weapons.

They could easily make new area(s).

Top Bottom