• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls Announcement Coming? Like a Facebook page to find out.

DemonNite

after thinking about it, the only real thing that would make me happy is new content/sequel.

Vita port sounds great and all (don't care for PC port) but I'd rather have a new world to explore and relive the experience of the unknown with all the GAFFERS

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Demon Souls was too much for me but for some reason I'm making progress in Dark Souls, so I'm kinda HYPE for an eventual DLC.

Kevtones

Stopped caring about Dark souls ever since release. I'll never play that game again.

I bought a goldfish when I was 7. It died in the car on the way home. I returned to the store and bought another goldfish; it lasted until the next morning when it died. I bought 31 more goldfishes before I turned 8 and by then they were living beyond 4 days. After 457 goldfish, I finally had one live over a month by the time I was 12.

Currently, after 672 goldfish, Bobby Goldteeth VII just hit his second month. My goal is 6 months and it's all been worth it.

DemonNite

I bought a goldfish when I was 7. It died in the car on the way home. I returned to the store and bought another goldfish; it lasted until the next morning when it died. I bought 31 more goldfishes before I turned 8 and by then they were living beyond 4 days. After 457 goldfish, I finally had one live over a month by the time I was 12.

Currently, after 672 goldfish, Bobby Goldteeth VII just hit his second month. My goal is 6 months and it's all been worth it.

you should've got a hamster instead

Who wants to bet the number of likes is actually irrelevant and it's based on a timer?

It's definitely coming after a certain period of time. They would say "dis many likes 4 content1!" if it had anything to do with the number of likes. It's probably just them saying that you'll get the news first in your feed if you like.

Psy-Phi

Vita Dark/Demon's Souls would be amazing. Not envying the l2/r2 solutions on the vita though (touch the screen for leaping attack?)

Kientin

I never do any of this like stuff on Facebook but man I smashed that like button so hard for this... please don't be both PC and DLC or I'll die of a heart attack and will never get to play it. :(

Zeliard

Very first time I entered Blighttown it was through the Valley of the Drakes. Ended up skipping that entire motherfucker, then I went back afterwards to the start to pick up mah Iaito and the Eagle Shield.

inf3cti0n

Banned
Vita Dark/Demon's Souls would be amazing. Not envying the l2/r2 solutions on the vita though (touch the screen for leaping attack?)

While not the most ideal solution, how about touching the screen on the back while hitting one of the shoulders to emulate the l2/r2 function. I mean, they have to use that for something one of these days :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Facebook comments are hilarious as always.

I have my platinum trophies what thnis announce????vita game????dlc ps3????or a new game please responde

h lets port it to PC and let it get ruined by hackers, modders and piraters in a week. It already has enough flaws in PvP on console where hackers are rare (Except scrubs with modded files). Actually you know what... I have it for 360, so I couldn't give at shit if they ported to PC. But if they do, they're going to lose tons of money.

My guess is PC version, too. Apparently the one thing Dark Souls is lacking is hundreds of thousands of people pirating it and then complaining about it being a console port.

If the annocument is about pc verison. I want my money back you motherfuckers.Everybody will download it illegially... Every user wants a dlc or new game trailer... !!

I've been hearing on the grape vine that you guys are going to be making the next game more "mainstream" if by that u mean to make it easyer then I for one WON'T be buying it, show some spine and stick to what we Hardcore gamers want. There's not enough hard games out there to buy and b4 some goose out there replys saying ( with the voice of a 11yo girl) why don't you play games on the hardest setting?) I do with the games that it can be done with but True gamers out there know that with some games setting them on Hardest only means less health/powers/weapons/time for the player and more all of the above for the enemy, that and overwhelming cheeseyness with some games, please don't lose what makes your 2 games so great by submitting to the people out there that think Dark Souls is to hard, when really the cold hard truth is there better off playing dress up with there little sister or getting there mothers to brush there hair. Please stick to what has made you're games so refreshing and that's Fair but Punishing gameplay.
^ this guy is my favorite

I can't help but feel like they do this just to have a little fun with dummies on the internet.

Cirdan

Neo Member
Nice. Any and all Souls franchise related stuff is welcome, more money for From, more deaths for us in future games.
PC version or DLC would be a dream if it turns out not to be artbook or iOS related thing.

Audioboxer

Locking on to a target as well? (nubs aren't clicky).

A game in this series would have to be made for Vita ground up IMO.

People are jelly of the superior resolution and framerate the PC version would undoubtedly have.

Or some people would rather have an expansion so they can experience the thrill again. With a port, you won't get the sense of discovery and sense of fear again. It's the same game you know the ins and outs of, just shinier.

Zeliard

Or some people would rather have an expansion so they can experience the thrill again. With a port, you won't get the sense of discovery and sense of fear again. It's the same game you know the ins and outs of, just shinier.

It's not really the resolution so much as the framerate, which would have a major impact. And not just on Blighttown but on the game as a whole. Running at 60 versus a dropping 30 would make a big difference in the gameplay.

Neiteio

I'm hoping this is a PC port they're about to announce. I have more time with my gaming computer than I do with the TVs in the house, and more patience to die repeatedly in the privacy of my room, as well! Ergo, I will buy Dark Souls if it comes out for PC.

SRTtoZ

It's not really the resolution so much as the framerate, which would have a major impact. And not just on Blighttown but on the game as a whole. Running at 60 versus a dropping 30 would make a big difference in the gameplay.

Thats not the point though. A lot of people have played the hell out of the game up to this point since it released a while ago, so a lot of us would LOVE something new, not the same ol game but on PC.

krakov

I'm not a fan of using facebook like this but in this particular case I'll gladly lend my support in any way possible.

Top Bottom