• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 footage. (Update 2: Releasing Worldwide In September)

raven777

She's basically Hayate's annoying little sister that Ryu being a good best friend has to bail out of shit all the damn time. Other than that he doesn't give much of a fuck about her, especially not romantically. Hell, he seems to like Ayane way more from the way they interact.

But since they put Irene back in all of this is moot because nobody else has a hope in hell.

I woudln't mind Ryu having love relationship with Ksaumi/Ayane/momiji. But not Irene....I know she was the main heroine from the beginning but no...not her..

Is it against the TOS to say that I'll offer beaucoup bucks to anyone who offers a PS3 demo download code? Because if not, then I'll offer beaucoup bucks to anyone who offers a PS3 demo download code.

Beaucoup.

Demo is nice for how limited it is. I wish you could just sit in training to mess with it, but setting rounds to best of 5 and life to large works just as well, for now.

Something that caught my eye a couple of times was watching them sweat a bit. It's kind of a nice touch.

Side-stepping seems to be useful already, but it remains to be seen what attack strings track and how well.

Side-stepping seems to be useful already, but it remains to be seen what attack strings track and how well.
Even using the regular sidestep and sidewalking work well in different scenarios from what I've seen. There seem to be fewer places during people's combos where you can hold out and the active window definitely feel smaller.

dreamfall

Has anyone successfully redeemed their code on the PS3?! My CE code doesn't seem to work- I hoped they updated it with the PSN Store update. Anyone?!

Skilletor

This game seems to be taking a lot of steps in the right direction. I'm super impressed and I don't know what kind of wizardry they're using at Team Ninja to make this game look so good and run so smooth with all the shit going on in the backgrounds, but they should share their magic.

DR2K

Banned
This game seems to be taking a lot of steps in the right direction. I'm super impressed and I don't know what kind of wizardry they're using at Team Ninja to make this game look so good and run so smooth with all the shit going on in the backgrounds, but they should share their magic.

Especially with the guys making NG3.

Especially with the guys making NG3.

0NZO4.gif

DR2K

Banned
lol! Seriously. I don't see how they're made by the same company.

I guess DOA5 started later when they had more time to optomize the engine or they just didn't give a flying fuck. Then again DOA games have always been better looking than NG games.

Has anyone successfully redeemed their code on the PS3?! My CE code doesn't seem to work- I hoped they updated it with the PSN Store update. Anyone?!

No problems downloading on my end. I started downloading shortly before the PSN store updated.

You guys are making me consider blowing $60 just for the demo. Damn it.

Someone on GameFAQs says you can just go to Gamestop put $5 down on anything and ask them for the code as well.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My code doesnt work at all and it was before the PSN going down. If anyone has an extra either regular or premium demo let me know. (My code appears as used)

TreIII

MY code doesn't work. I get error 80023156 message.

Same here. The main answer I got when I called Sony about is that it's not supposed to be there yet, and "since it's third party content we have no control over that".

So...I guess we have to wait until tomorrow and try again.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Same here. The main answer I got when I called Sony about is that it's not supposed to be there yet, and "since it's third party content we have no control over that".

So...I guess we have to wait until tomorrow and try again.

Weird mine said redeemed? o_O

dreamfall

Well damn. Here's to waiting until tomorrow. Are those whose codes aren't working from primarily the PS3 CE? This is killing me. I swear I only bought it for this demo!

raven777

Ok, played DOA5 demo for 15 minutes.

Visuals are amazing, but there is AA/resolution problem as I expected. I don't know its sub-native resolution or not, but there is definitely very weak AA. But this might be because I have been playing SC5 recently, which has fantastic AA.

The game is fun, but I am not a hardcore DOA fan and I don't know much about the mechanics/moves. I wish I could make AI stand still, like practice mode.

I will play around with it more later, and hopefully try to play with a friend and see how it feels against players.

Top Bottom