• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 footage. (Update 2: Releasing Worldwide In September)

Seik

Banned
I haven't been hyped for a DoA game since Ultimate on Xbox. I really like the new engine, it just looks fantastic. =)

Monocle

The female characters' faces look much better now. The subtle change to the art style makes an impressive difference.

Who knew that a DOA game would receive the most unanimous early praise of any fighter this generation?
lol.gif

My already overloaded frothing demand is increasing.
I never thought it possible.
"unanimous early praise". People were shitting themselves over the game until gems were revealed, and most of that has come back.
Yeah, it looked pretty kick ass until gems rolled around. It kept looking less appealing over time though.

raven777

Who knew that a DOA game would receive the most unanimous early praise of any fighter this generation?
lol.gif

My already overloaded frothing demand is increasing.

yes, especially after Hayashi taking charge.

I am starting to get worried that this game is looking too good to be true at the moment, that the final product might disappoint me.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone else see that water effect on her stockings? Dynamic clothing with dirt smudges and the sort. Also, maybe even more guest characters? I am all types of hype for this.

Also, side note, anyone else not really all too crazy about the magic and teleportation of the ninjas in the more recent games? It feels off. Same goes for the slow-mo stuff. But I'll reserve final judgement for the released product, no sense in complaining about what could just be used for show.

TreIII

Also, side note, anyone else not really all too crazy about the magic and teleportation of the ninjas in the more recent games? It feels off. Same goes for the slow-mo stuff. But I'll reserve final judgement for the released product, no sense in complaining about what could just be used for show.

Teleportation I have no real problems with. It's when Hayabusa started getting a "Hadouken" that was arguably better than most of the projectiles the Bosses had, which really started getting on my nerves! :lol

Of course, if this game does more to play up being an actual 3D fighter and less of a "2.5D" one, even projectiles likely won't matter that much any more.

There's still nothing to indicate that the actual gameplay is more interesting, though. Super flashy, but still seems like standard DOA systems so far. I'm expecting Rock Paper Scissors again.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DOA5 and VF5 are the only games I'm seriously looking forward to.

They're the only two fighting games I'm considering, which is redonkulous since I'm a 2D sprite fan over 3D any day (while DOA has been my casual 3D side-game). The 2D fighting market has gotten that bad with yearly re-releases with "new content" and rebalance for my taste.

Though I'm on the fence over KoF2012 only for Fersis, but the netcode in the demo was so poor it made me scream all the way to India

God's Beard said:
I'm expecting Rock Paper Scissors again.

If you're expecting anything other than Rock Paper Scissors in games, you should probably stop playing games. DOA included.

The 2D fighting market has gotten that bad with yearly re-releases with "new content" and rebalance for my taste.
Ain't no different than how they've been in the past 15 years at least. Well if this was your first couple years getting into them or just tired of it then understandable, but yeah, the yearly re-release was actually pretty fucking terrible last gen (Guilty Gear fine example) and ones before it.

Khezu

I do hope they bring some new characters to the series. Outside of Ayane and Gen fu, the rest kinda suck.
Also when I say new characters, I mean NEW characters, no stupid ninja giaden girls.

Maybe go the SC5 way and add in some crazy characters that have no business being in a 3D fighter.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I do hope they bring some new characters to the series. Outside of Ayane and Gen fu, the rest kinda suck.
Also when I say new characters, I mean NEW characters, no stupid ninja giaden girls.

i'd buy the game twice if momiji was in

There's still nothing to indicate that the actual gameplay is more interesting, though. Super flashy, but still seems like standard DOA systems so far. I'm expecting Rock Paper Scissors again.

mid rock beats high paper.

low paper makes mid scissors miss.

standard scissors is breakable.

240 life.

rock does 12.

high counter paper does 80+fall damage.

command scissors does 55.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down

are you complaining? because every numbered DOA has had more than one new character in it.

IIRC

Strike beats throw.
Hold beats strike.
Throw beats hold.
This (although I prefer "counter" to "hold").

Personally I hated how DoA4 controlled, and loved the shit out of DoA3. I'm really excited about this new game, especially with the gorgeous revamp of the art style.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!

Um, VF is also based around RPS.

Did anyone else see that water effect on her stockings? Dynamic clothing with dirt smudges and the sort. Also, maybe even more guest characters? I am all types of hype for this.

Like who? I'm really anxious to see how Tina and Lisa would look in the new engine. Will Tina's hair actually move? To be honest, Tina and Lei-Fang should have been shown a long time ago. They launched the series. Will Zack look any different?
I can't wait to see what happens in the story too. In DOA Dimensions
I was like "oh sh*t" loud as hell on a flight to LA when Ayane kept getting slapped in the story mode

raven777

I actually downloaded the clip and put it on my Vita and played it. It looks amazing, and I wish DOA5 comes out for Vita.

Um, VF is also based around RPS.
Akira

* Throws *

Toushin Soutai - P+G
Kaikyusei - =>,P+G
Kaikyu Tenshin Touda - =>,P+G,| (or ^)
Daiden Housui - <=,=>,P+G
Shin'iha - /,=>,P+G
Junshin Honko - =>,<=,P+G
Junshin Honko~Shin'iha - P+K (during Junshin Honko)
Junshin Honko~Chinho - | (or ^)(during Junshin Honko)
Chinho~Kouzanheki - P+K(during Chinho)
Junho Honko (stagger) - <=,|,P+G
Shishi Hougetsu - \,P+G
Youshi Senrin - <=,\,P+G
Shinporiko - /,P+G
Shishi Hougetsu - (wall in back) \,P+G
Kyuho Chouchu - (on opponent's left or right) P+G
Daisekkou - (opponent facing away) P+G

* Reversals *

Youhou - <=,P+K (vs. right high punch)
Gaimon Chouchu - <=,P+K (vs. left high punch)
Tan'yokuchou - <=,P+K (vs. high kick)
Youhou - /,P+K (vs. right mid punch)
Gaimon Chouchu - /,P+K (vs. left mid punch)
Tan'yokuchou - /,P+K (vs. mid kick)
Gaimon Chouchu - /,P+K (vs. elbow)
Jouho Shoukou - /,P+K (vs. right side kick)
Haiho Richu - /,P+K (vs. left side kick)
Senpu Soushou - /,P+K (vs. knee)
Shoutenkou - /,P+K (vs. somersault)
Honshin Tanda - |,P+K (vs. low punch)
Souhakushu - |,P+K (vs. low kick)
Tsutenhou - <=,P+K+G
Tsutenhou~Mouko Kouhazan - <=,P+K+G success, then =>,P

Top Bottom