• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 footage. (Update 2: Releasing Worldwide In September)

Skilletor

That's bullshit

NGS Vita, first screenshot released by Tecmo Koei:

NINJA_GAIDEN_Sigma_PS_Vita_01_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg.jpg

What's hilarious is that the game looks better than that in person, lol.

Raiho

Neo Member
Maybe it's just me, but it looks like the clothing textures took a step back from DoA4. Yeah, the models look much nicer, but I remember the clothing having more detail than that in DoA4.

MrMephistoX

Looks great hopefully Akira isn't the only VF cameo but even if he is I'm already interested. Hopefully Team Ninja will release a Vita version or allow remote play.

ss_lemonade

Holy fuck, that last video was insane. I'm actually having a hard time believing it'll look like that when released (unless they keep it at 30fps)

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
As an old school DOA vet who mastered the ps2 DOA2:Hardcore to the point where i could easily beat people with almost anyone... i'm pretty excited. The only thing that bugs me is the fact that it seems to be (still) more of the same... even if it is smooth and beautiful. Was really hoping DoA would be the game to take dynamic stages to the next level ... letting you kind of battle your way through a multi-branched arena depending on how the fight went. Maybe a little like bushido blade only more awesomer with more clearly defined "stages"...

Of course none of that matters with they have the first footage i've seen be Kasumi beating the shit out of that evil fucking cheap punk pink haired devil woman.... good christ i hate her cheap bullshit.

RiZ III

Love the fluidity in Doa games. This looks amazing. The art style is a HUGE improvement from previous Doa games.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
For a second I thought this was DOA vs VF. I almost got really excited. Sarah or Kage would have made better cross over characters but I can understand why they chose Akira.

Always found DOA to be very fun but shallow compared to VF (my favorite 3d fighter). When I heard the menu sound and Akira's voice I lost it! Best thing they could do to get me hyped!

TreIII

Well, it could be running on pc or running on 360 as real time cutscene. Was it indicated that people were playing it?

I guess people will find out soon. Who's biting the bullet on Ninja Gaiden 3?

Here. Don't like the idea I'm paying 60 bucks for a demo of a game I want, but what are you going to do? :lol

TreIII

Looks so hot, need this game ASAP.

Any E.T.A. on a release date?

September 2012 is all we know.

Are those cinematic slow-downs meant to use meter? A super if you will or something?

Think more along the lines of the FA's from SF4. You can hold the Power Blows down to make them do more damage and also cancel out of them. But there is no "meter" that dictates their use. The main thing is that since they have a start-up window, you can easily block or counter them if you just try to throw them out there.

The slow-downs themselves are when you actually use the attack to direct the opponent to another end of the arena, be it to a wall, a cliff, danger zone, etc.

ACESmkII

Wow that video with Akira looked ridiculously good, and the character models look way better than previous DOA titles.

Im ready for some VF vs DOA action. Please add Jacky Bryant.

JJD

Holy shit!!! Bought! Day 1!!! GOD DAMN!

I hope Akira is easier to master than he is on the Virtua series...always sucked playing with him lol!

icecream

Public Health Threat
The worst thing about seeing Akira in the game is the pain at how he's probably the only VF5 guest chara and it's all a merely tease for how awesome DOA x VF would be.

AlStrong

Thought it would never happen, but there it is, they've actually toned down the bounce. Or maybe I've just gotten used to Soul Calibur, don't know

It looks like a nicer bounce at least. :p Hope the game has tons of costumes (not DLC >_>) like DOAU.

Endo Punk

Unlike SFxTekken this actually makes sense. Also Kasumi looks amazing. Itagaki leaving was the best thing to happen to DOA, can't say the same for NG.

fernoca

Guess the other guy had a point about the textures on the clothes getting downgraded. Shrugs, a fair exchange for the lighting.
The textures look fine, maybe more subtle; plus in this one the clothes get dirt/wet/sweat.

Plus as noted.. is a screen cap of a (up to) 720p YouTube video; with jpeg compression. Not he usual hi-res super clean/super-sampled "bullshots" they sometimes release.

branny

I don't even know what to say. Omg... Omg.

I hope Akira is easier to master than he is on the Virtua series...always sucked playing with him lol!
VF, VF Remix, VF2, Fighters Megamix, VF3, VF3TB, VF4, VF4 Evo--never gave a shit about him. Enter VF5 character models. I basically learned Akira just so I could take his shirt off and give him chest hair. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Nibel

Man, Kasumi looks beautiful now. No more that stupid doll face.

And Akira! Yes! Please Team Ninja, more surprising collaborations!

Special J

Banned
HHHNGGGGGGG japan, why you make female characters so beautiful.

The textures look fine, maybe more subtle; plus in this one the clothes get dirt/wet/sweat.

Plus as noted.. is a screen cap of a (up to) 720p YouTube video; with jpeg compression.

actually that screen cap has very little compression. that's indicative of the texture used in whatever build they took this in.

fernoca

actually that screen cap has very little compression. that's indicative of the texture used in whatever build they took this in.
Can you try and capture the same screen from the 720p youtube video?
It was more on the point that there are other factors involved.
There is little compression on it, but doesn't change that aside not been representative of the final product, there are a lot more things going on with the textures; unlike prior games.

So any "downgrade" could be more related to that the clothes get dirt/change through the match; mixed with the toned down look of the rest of the game.

FreeMufasa

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. That was bloody amazing. I'm contemplating getting NG3 for the demo now lol.

DOA has always been my favourite fighting game followed closely by VF. If this is more than just an Akira cross over i'll piss me pants. Easily the best looking fighting game too.

I randomly decided to finish DOA:D chronicle mode last night so seeing the blow out today has me even more hyped.

Damnn the game looks amazing! I definitely gotta learn some 3D Fighters..can't just stick to 2D.

I really playing DOA2 I believe but that was a while ago, never played VF. That's why I thought Akira was Ryu

The scenery and detail also look amazing

eso76

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like the clothing textures took a step back from DoA4. Yeah, the models look much nicer, but I remember the clothing having more detail than that in DoA4.

i think so too, plus i've seen it clipping a lot through Kasumi's thighs, but other than that it looks great.

Well, actually it's DOA4 that looked underwhelming, coming from DOA Ultimate.

Special J

Banned
It was more on the point that there are other factors involved.
There is little compression on it, but doesn't change that aside not been representative of the final product, there are a lot more things going on with the textures; unlike prior games.

So any "downgrade" could be more related to that the clothes get dirt/change through the match; mixed with the toned down look of the rest of the game.

omg i got you! admit it.

Top Bottom