• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 footage. (Update 2: Releasing Worldwide In September)

I've been marking out for the last hour. Too fucking good.

why the weird angle? it's not completely side view, that'll seriously screw up directional commands.

I think those were replays you watched. Probably not indicative of what the gameplay will actually be like.

HOLY SHIT. That looks amazing. DOA pushes the boundaries again! If there's one thing 3D franchises don't need, it's for DOA to get it's act together from a gameplay standpoint. All the pieces are there, IMO. If they're tweaked and the characters balanced? The competition is in trouble.

It's funny. Last year was called, the "year of the fighter", but that didn't hold up for me since I'm a 3D fighting game player (although I do still buy 2D games).

This year will have:
Soulcalibur V
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Unlimited
Dead or Alive 5

mother-of-god.gif

Skilletor

4dEzX.png

:O :O :O :O :O

I'M MAKING THIS A VITA WALLPAPER!
HOLY SHIT. That looks amazing. DOA pushes the boundaries again! If there's one thing 3D franchises don't need, it's for DOA to get it's act together from a gameplay standpoint. All the pieces are there, IMO. If they're tweaked and the characters balanced? The competition is in trouble.

It's funny. Last year was called, the "year of the fighter", but that didn't hold up for me since I'm a 3D fighting game player (although I do still buy 2D games).

This year will have:
Soulcalibur V
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Unlimited
Dead or Alive 5

mother-of-god.gif

Dude, DoA is my favorite 3D fighter. As hyped as I was for SC5 is nothing to the amount of OMG I'm doing right now. I've been at work for an hour now and haven't done jack shit but watch this vid over and over.

AAK

wait...is this slowdown stuff in the game?

I think it's more of an Astral Finish style thing... it only ever happened right before the end of a round going by the videos so I'm pretty OK with this.

The dynamically changing environment thing looks like a nightmare to implement and balance and really soured a lot of people when Tekken 4 had it. If they can pull it off with this game, I'll be insanely impressed.

The game looks awesome as well. Only ever played DOA3 on the xbox, I think I see myself getting back with this.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The game looks awesome as well. Only ever played DOA3 on the xbox, I think I see myself getting back with this.

WTF, go hunt down a copy of DOA2U for X-box pronto. Best outing of the series.

VariantX

This game looks visually impressive no doubt about it. Noticed little things like dirt sticking to players uniforms too. Im glad they finally stopped using those creepy doll faces with the characters and actually made them look alot more human this time around too. This is definately on my radar.

the direct footage looks really good, I was worried at first.

I hope that behind view after ayane is knocked down is not the shit we had to put up with on the last boss of DoA3, keep the camera side on when in control, please.

The OXM stuff was okay, but that VF5 crossover vid sold me.

Not that I like VF that much, but the gameplay and the stage looked really good.

TreIII

Well Akira uses MANLY Ba Ji Quan, Kokoro uses girly Ba Ji Quan.

Pretty much. I'm already getting visions of what their crazy-ass Tag Throws will look like!

...On that note? PLEASE DON'T DO TAG MODE DIRTY LIKE YOU DID IN DIMENSIONS, TEAM NINJA.

Asriel

Actually some recent Japanese articles have mentioned September as the release window.

Regardless, I'm ready to plunk down some cash.

Made me laugh [from comment section at SRK regarding the Akira vs. Kasumi video]

"Akira must feel so liberated with timings this wide."

Anyway, one of the more fun 3d fighters joining itself with one of the more technical/legitimate fighters is a smart move by both Tecmo AND Sega.

3D fighters am revived?

TreIII

Actually some recent Japanese articles have mentioned September as the release window.

Looks like it's confirmed...

TeamNinjaTwitter said:
ついにかすみ公開です!・・・あれ!?「DEAD OR ALIVE 5」9月発売が決定。最新ムービーを公開。必見! 驚愕のあのファイターがついに参戦!! - GAME Watch http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20120305_516669.html @game_watchから

- https://twitter.com/#!/TeamNINJAStudio/status/176669779917144065

jett

D-Member
Massive art style upgrade. Finally. I guess Team Ninja wasn't just kidding around when they made those DoA X VF comments, eh. :p

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I always liked DoA's art style as it was a good translation of anime in 3D. But I do think the new style is superior.

raven777

I was really worried at first, but looking at the characters models that have been revealed so far, I am really happy with the graphic/design.

The slow motion thing seems interesting at the beginning, but I feel it will get too repetitive. That is my only worry so far.

If all the other characters look this good, it might be Day-1 for me.

Top Bottom