• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Destiny Site Launches - Lots of new footage and info

Status
Not open for further replies.

viveks86

Awwww yisss!

Brushie.+aww+yiss.+motherfucking+brushie_782d88_4676854.gif

broony

I really hope we get some good competitive PvP details.

Oh, and raw gameplay footage of course.

That's what I really want to see. Doesn't matter whether it PVP or strikes or campaign. I want to see more of the gunplay and combatant A.I.

I remember halo GAF picking out so many details from the Halo vidocs. Hopefully Destiny GAF does the same with what we get tomorrow.

Gnub

Waiting to see some footage from the beta before committing but at this point I will be getting a PS4 to play this.

Has there been any news on community features like guilds etc?

desertdroog

I know Bungie said no space combat in this release of Destiny...but is it possible that in any part of the 10 year timeframe, they may allow for some space combat?

One can hope.

Lasty95

I know Bungie said no space combat in this release of Destiny...but is it possible that in any part of the 10 year timeframe, they may allow for some space combat?

One can hope.

Should think so.

Looking back it almost seems the space sequences in Reach were a test bed for it.

Obviously didn't work out for some reason, but I'd be very surprised if we don't see it eventually.

Awaiting some pure gameplay footage, (preferably uncompressed from Gamersyde) nice looking bullshots from Bungie have fooled me for the last time...

Official screen of Halo Reach provided by Bungie prior to release
Reach-m10_3rdperson.jpg

and sorry to say the final game looked nowhere near as good :(

I thought it did and it's probably the first halo game i actually beat was very pretty visually.

broony

Hey urk. Has the studio decided on how friendly fire will work when you are getting random guardians appearing in your world? Did it get explained in these new previews?

broony

The Instagram description says "
Tomorrow, witness the formation of a Fireteam."

I'm hoping we see a walkthrough of the player meeting up with a couple if guardians, show how they party up and then go fight some bad guys. An explanation of how the core game mechanics work.

broony

We have already said that there is no "Surprise PVP" in Destiny. You can probably extrapolate from there. :)

I was wondering more how it would work if your fire team is in a tight space throwing nova bombs, could you accidentally take out your friends?

I really hope the beta will result in a smooth release. For an online only game it's going to be really deflating if servers suck for the first week or so like we see so often.

And if they pull EA's patented excuse of "we didn't realize so many people wanted to play our game!" where they pat themselves on the back while we all wait for them to fix their shit, then I don't know what I'll do.

viveks86

I really hope the beta will result in a smooth release. For an online only game it's going to be really deflating if servers suck for the first week or so like we see so often.

And if they pull EA's patented excuse of "we didn't realize so many people wanted to play our game!" where they pat themselves on the back while we all wait for them to fix their shit, then I don't know what I'll do.

Agreed. They also want a million people to play the beta, so they better not come up with such excuses. I think they'll pull it off.

Flipyap

Most of its multiplayer seems to be handled through P2P, so this game's launch should be gentler on its servers than your usual online only game would be.
The non-combat city instance sounds like the only thing that might require dedicated servers to function, if it's not just a 3D lobby.

X-Frame

Awesome, can't wait until tomorrow -- but why Instagram for these teasers? I suppose it's better than Facebook, but why not YouTube? Is this common now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom