• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Destiny Site Launches - Lots of new footage and info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolwhip

Banned
While watching the trailer I thought it was pretty cool, until I saw the same old first person view with the huge ass gun covering half your screen you see in every damn fps these days. We need VR for first person games badly.

thenexus6

You wont get one from amazon uk until shortly before the beta. If you are desperate for one now, order from amazon.com, get code within 5 minutes, then cancel.

Yeah just did this, strange how amazon UK is different. Should probably go in OP so other UK gaffers know not to bother with UK amazon

All of this looks absolutely phenomenal, and I'll be damned if that website isn't sexy as hell. I would really like to see a bit more of what makes the three Guardians diverse, though. They keep showing off the same two or three abilities for each one, and I desperately hope that's not all they have up their sleeves. I thrive on variety in games like this.

Warlock all the way.

KeRaSh

You wont get one from amazon uk until shortly before the beta. If you are desperate for one now, order from amazon.com, get code within 5 minutes, then cancel.

I got mine a few days after preordering it from Amazon UK (last October).

Skeleton

Banned
I asked for the source on the "exclusive PS4 content." He didn't post it claiming it to be new news :)

Thank you ;)! I was like wow, really...

OT: This game has me so hyped I'm just really hoping PvP is awesome, although I know it will be as it is Bungie and they do make fine games that literally stole my teens away from me, 14k halo 3 games :\ erghhhh!

broony

I got mine a few days after preordering it from Amazon UK (last October).

Yeah they stopped sending them out immediately shortly afterwards. Its tells you on the product listing on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/ACTIVISION/

Destiny with Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order Destiny on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 or Xbox One at Amazon.co.uk before the release date of September 9, 2014 and you'll receive a Beta Access code to begin playing the game before launch. Codes will be emailed to you shortly before launch of the Beta in summer 2014.

viveks86

Looks like someone decided to a compile all the abilities/moves from the sizzle reels.
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/21555/article/destiny-new-guardian-abilities-blowout/

Titan

95uZix7.gif

Titan - Running on Mars

Vm6DAQu.gif

Titan - Fist of Havoc

4wtoTmk.gif

Titan - Knee Attack

Vml6Pjo.gif

Titan - Bubble Shield

aWPujIA.gif

Titan - Shoulder Bash

QCxGiaM.gif

Hunter - Ghost Gun

026z8qK.gif

Hunter - Shotgun

u64Ojjq.gif

Hunter - Ghost Gun and Arc Blade

ZrFLg0f.gif

Warlock - Teleport/Blink

EO7mP2y.gif

Warlock - Blade kill

2tw7OBf.gif

Warlock - Force Push

3OE4o9h.gif

Warlock - Nova Bomb

lwOxeYi.gif

Warlock - Axion Bolt

xGRiksq.gif

desertdroog

This may be a dumb question, but does one need PSN+ to play the Beta?
Not get into the Beta, I already redeemed my key from my pre-order; I just want to know if it is locked behind their PSN+ service.

game looks so fluid! Its like every single animation is well thought out and implemented.

Bungie's always had a fairly good handle on animation. Even little things like torsos turning on player characters as they look around, and now with Destiny the enemy animations are really stylized and feel very "key-framed" like someone spent a long time fine tuning the movements just right.

Still though, I'm not exactly feeling the hook. I'm gonna try the beta, and the slick polish Bungie will bring makes me confident it won't be an outright bad game, but it's not exciting me. A lot of interesting environments and art and enemies, but it lacks character. I had similar issues with Halo, but this feels even more distant due to how it's been marketed and character creation. It's basically Bungie Co-op: The Game right now. I'm sure millions of people find that's enticing enough though, and that's fine.

ElRenoRaven

This may be a dumb question, but does one need PSN+ to play the Beta?
Not get into the Beta, I already redeemed my key from my pre-order; I just want to know if it is locked behind their PSN+ service.

Yup for PS4. No for PS3. On PS4 Multiplayer gaming is locked behind PSN plus except in the case of F2P games. So I'd fully expect the beta to be locked behind that same paywall. Same obviously on live too except all their games are locked behind gold..

Am I the only one that think that looks fun as hell? If it doesn't scream I'm a badass who's going to melt your face off I don't know what does?

Looks fun but it's fairly disappointing that Axion Bolt looks pretty much identical besides there being 3 projectiles.

This is all referring to how it looks, of course. I have no idea what kind of damage/secondary effects either skill has.

Still rolling Warlock first.

ElRenoRaven

Again, it hasn't been confirmed either way. All Bungie has said is that it doesn't require a monthly subscription fee. They haven't mentioned PS+ yet.

Sony has though. Sony has said F2P games are the only games not behind the PSN plus paywall. Sony ultimately decides what is behind the paywall and what isn't. They're not going to make an exception for one game.

Bruno

I said there was a small chance. I don't expect it to be but considering Sony's stake in the game and the fact that there are exceptions to the rule I wouldn't be surprised if they let it go.

Yeah.. that's not happening. If it's not F2P or a subscription based game you need plus.

GhaleonEB

Sony has though. Sony has said F2P games are the only games not behind the PSN plus paywall. Sony ultimately decides what is behind the paywall and what isn't. They're not going to make an exception for one game.

And Destiny is the kind of game that has the potential to drive up PS+ subscriptions, so I'd say they have an incentive to keep it there. (Edit: saw the exchange above about this.)

I've only dabbled a bit on the site and read what's been posted here, but it looks gorgous. The .gif gallery above makes it look like we'll get to play as a pretty powerful set of characters. Could be a lot of fun.

Outside of that, I'm intentionally not diving to deep on what's been revealed here, I'll probably soak up most of it on Monday and then count down to the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom