• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub build shows improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikoro

High-res:
driveclub1.gif

Gurish

I always though this game looked terrible,even after RUSH3Y was kind enough to provide a high quality video to gamersyde,but now,I'm really blown away!

Hope they will reach the reveal target but it's already stunning and a true next gen racer,such a great job by Evolution.

OMG at the high quality gif! its almost photo-realistic.

slider

I feel I should pat myself on the back for keeping my preorder in place even post delay.

Man, I need next gen now. It's so close but still...

Vire

Would be nice if they showed a new video of an exterior car view for us crazy people who don't play in cockpit.

Dr_Swales

In the second video what is that sound just before before two seconds, when they get overtaken?

Sounds like an exhaust popping, or does the car overtaking clip his wing mirror on the car the player is in?

Please Evolution, do NOT add boost or turbo or any other of these shit systems in this game.

I want it to be pure about racing, braking and passing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This game being delayed boggles my mind. Looks better than any next gen game coming out at launch. Can't wait to see what it actually looks like when it comes out.

Bradf50

Wow...

THE LIGHTING!

These past 2 videos are the first time I've been blown away by a next gen racer (don't get me wrong they look good too). Looks incredible.

Have the mirrors been improved since yesterday? I'm sure I saw things popping in & out in yesterdays vid. Now it seems to be much improved.

I really love the look and feel of this game, it's come such a long way since E3. All I can say is, congratulations Evolution Studios and keep up the good work! :)

Brad.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The Norway clip in the OP is the first gameplay footage of DriveClub that I've found appealing in any way. Looks very clean and has a good sense of speed and weight. I guess it's just my taste, but I found the level with all the trees to be pretty ugly, despite all the detail and complex shadows.

Drek

I think people should just accept the game where it is now.

Dont expect 60fps or weather.

Weather has always been talked about as a post-release addition, I'd imagine that will still apply and be something they'll shoot for as part of continued support.

Lord knows it would make one hell of a community revival patch. Say early next fall when people are drifting away to newer releases they drop a rain patch, then include snow for around Thanksgiving with a seasonal special contest for best laps in snow. With the PS+ version it'd be one hell of a way to move DLC year round.

It seems they're putting the extra dev time to good use. Looks fantastic.
With how close this update is to Killzone announcing that it's gone gold I'd bet this was what they were focused on hitting for going gold a few months ago, with a few newer art assets (like the mentioned clouds) yet to be included.

So this was probably the DriveClub we would have gotten at launch. The benefits of the additional development time will basically be seen in how much better it looks in a month or two months from now.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if a part of their delay was due to the online network they want to build for it. It sounds pretty full featured, and a little extra time would do wonders for it since as the PS+ version has all those same features it will likely get hammered early on.

Loudninja

Weather has always been talked about as a post-release addition, I'd imagine that will still apply and be something they'll shoot for as part of continued support.

Lord knows it would make one hell of a community revival patch. Say early next fall when people are drifting away to newer releases they drop a rain patch, then include snow for around Thanksgiving with a seasonal special contest for best laps in snow. With the PS+ version it'd be one hell of a way to move DLC year round.

With how close this update is to Killzone announcing that it's gone gold I'd bet this was what they were focused on hitting for going gold a few months ago, with a few newer art assets (like the mentioned clouds) yet to be included.

So this was probably the DriveClub we would have gotten at launch. The benefits of the additional development time will basically be seen in how much better it looks in a month or two months from now.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if a part of their delay was due to the online network they want to build for it. It sounds pretty full featured, and a little extra time would do wonders for it since as the PS+ version has all those same features it will likely get hammered early on.
Yeah I agree. :)

Newlove

I'm feeling the need to buy the full game rather than just the 'free' PS+ version. It would be interesting to hear how much more content is in the retail version.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Just noticed how the red car lifts off the ground after overtaking and then lands with a real feel of weight. Astonishing game.

Dr_Swales

Looks amazing!

Love the rear view and wing mirror, the console in the middle, and the reflections (including that annoying reflection of the sun reflecting off the dash onto the window).

I wonder if the centre console will show updates from the online part of Driveclub?

Also, that sense of speed you get...

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
All those cars on the tight 2 lane road made it seem really intense. These clips have a nice sense of speed that was missing from the more lonely time trial videos.

This! Rubber banding AI needs to go

These great guys at Evolution are reading this thread?
If so, we can't stress this enough.

We went from the great WRC series on the PS2 to Motorstorm on the PS3.
I was a bit dissapointed with no WRC games anymore, but I also really loved Motorstorm (especially Pacific Rift). But these Motorstorm games could be even better if it hadn't

(in my opinion)

- the rubberbanding AI
- the boost system

regarding the latter, I do think Motorstorm could have been better without boost. More in the style of these great ATV offroad games I really enjoyed on the PS2. So winning by real driving technique and not by boosting.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Can Rushy confirm improved motion blur, it looks much smoother? Just hope it's not my eyes or low bit-rate facebook footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom