• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub build shows improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
DRIVECLUB only features real world licensed cars, so there won't be any MotorStorm-esque boost or nitro system in the game.

And to confirm everything you see is work in progress, so hopefully every new screenshot or video will look better and better as we get closer to launch early next year. We're working hard to add as much polish as we can across the entire game, but I can't talk about features just yet.

And by the way, expect some more clips reasonably soon ;)

Dude... why are here posting if you have a newborn? Spend time with the newborn... unless you're taking a break from the new born.

Regardless... thank you. The game is looking fantastic and fun. Please deliver on the "challenge" mechanics.

viveks86

Dude... why are here posting if you have a newborn? Spend time with the newborn... unless you're taking a break from the new born.

Regardless... thank you. The game is looking fantastic and fun. Please deliver on the "challenge" mechanics.

Dude, he needs to feed his newborn, remember? ;)

GameSeeker

To confirm there is no artificial catch-up in DRIVECLUB. The AI can only drive as fast as a human, so there is no cheating what so ever.

In the Kyle video you just saw, just before the clip begins I along with the AI in front make a mistake allowing the AI further behind to catch up down the long straight and fly by.

This is wonderful news! Rubber-band AI was my only major complaint in the Motorstorm series (other than the original Motorstorm having loading times from hell :p)

itFANgpQI0u3O.gif

Damn it looks good. It's great to see the AI is aggressive too, I hate the passive AI in GT.

Pbae

DRIVECLUB only features real world licensed cars, so there won't be any MotorStorm-esque boost or nitro system in the game.

And to confirm everything you see is work in progress, so hopefully every new screenshot or video will look better and better as we get closer to launch early next year. We're working hard to add as much polish as we can across the entire game, but I can't talk about features just yet.

Thank you so much for all the additional information. It is above and beyond what I expect, and the honesty and information that you've provided has definitely made this game a contender.

With each new tidbit, I am closer to pulling the trigger.

viveks86

So the driver is going at a little more than 220 KPH when the first car flies past him like a rocket. What speed would that be???? :O

Can you talk about what AA method you will be using for the game?

I saw 2, maybe 2.3 cars in that trailer. Please someone tell sniperhunter
Oh you :p

Btw rushy i am sorry about laughing about the delay and i am sorry if my thread caused any hardships the day your baby was born. But i knew something.was up ;p

Also all that stuff about crow eating etc was very childish

viveks86

Oh you :p

Btw rushy i am sorry about laughing about the delay and i am sorry if my thread caused any hardships the day your baby was born. But i knew something.was up ;p

Also all that stuff about crow eating etc was very childish

Awww... Even if Rushy doesn't forgive you, I do (not that it matters). Remember I told you that I will take you down in friendly fire on killzone multiplayer? I take that back. Consider yourself redeemed! :p

Obviously Rushy can't talk about features yet because they're waiting to see if adding in hurricanes for weather is possible in addition to the already implemented snow, rain, hail, tornadoes with dynamic tree breakage, and thunderstorms.

He doesn't want to get our hopes up by saying hurricanes are in, and then not have them make it into the final game. :p

viveks86

Guys, I'm not able to stop watching this video. Would really like to see some trolls here try to burst my hype bubble. Please? :(

Racer1977

During the reveal there was an Arial Atom type car, I forget it's name, but it's a new rival to cars like the Atom, Caterham 7, KTM X-Bow etc.

Will these sorts of cars be in the game, it would be cool to see the suspension working on the undulating stages. You also state hot hatches will be in, will these be cars like the Golf, Focus etc., or higher end models like the AMG Mercedes A45?

looks better for sure. game looked pretty ugly in the last build i saw. they need to do one of two things to make this a stunner though, imo. either hit 60fps, or eliminate a lot of the aliasing. if the IQ is razor sharp, 30fps would be ok.

jett

D-Member
To confirm there is no artificial catch-up in DRIVECLUB. The AI can only drive as fast as a human, so there is no cheating what so ever.

In the Kyle video you just saw, just before the clip begins I along with the AI in front make a mistake allowing the AI further behind to catch up down the long straight and fly by.

tumblr_lvgoi7mkmp1qdlkgg.gif

viveks86

When the first car zooms by, it has that distinct clickedy clack of a roller coaster. Anyone notice that? Could cars sound like that at that speed?

looks better for sure. game looked pretty ugly in the last build i saw. they need to do one of two things to make this a stunner though, imo. either hit 60fps, or eliminate a lot of the aliasing. if the IQ is razor sharp, 30fps would be ok.

Haven't they done that already?

Racer1977

When the first car zooms by, it has that distinct clickedy clack of a roller coaster. Anyone notice that? Could cars sound like that at that speed?
Could be anything, like hitting the rev limiter, touching the guard rail etc, it's not a pure engine sound.

Zen

Banned
It's not the good laps that bother me. It's no real punishment for fucking up I hated, takes away any of the tension. Also don't know how you deduced from my post that I must suck, but whatever.

Eh fair enough. I found myself blowing a turn and basically having to forego a top 3 finish (on the harder races) but to each their own. I never found the Ruber banding to be too much of an issue.

GHG

The sound of the Bentley speeding past is godlike. The graphics are stunning. It'll be an audiovisual tour-de-force.

I'll get this game the day it comes out, close the door, dim the lights, turn the surround sound up to 100 and make smooth love to my PS4.

I can't believe how good this looks. I'm a huge fan of GT and Forza but I'm more excited for DC than I am for GT6 or F5.
Yea this game looks better than both. I do like the cartoony visuals of forza though (the e3 track looked great)

The footage is short but the jump in quality is massive! Evo werent doing.this game any.favours by showing that boring.time trials footage over and over. I wish i had a computet i would love to compare all the builds

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't have kids...

Thank you so very much for the update Rushy :)

sneaky77

Are there going to be longer races or is everything going to be 2-3 laps where you start near the end and you have to bump your way to the front?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom