• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub build shows improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
iy0hBZGIa8Q87.gif

JLeack

Banned
Ugh. I wish this game was more feature rich and had a more simulation style approach. Forza 5 is making me much prefer XB1 for the first year of next gen.

Edited for confusion.

All those people who doubted Evo's late-improvements hey, where are they now!

That said you can tell they weren't ready when they're saying things like 'we're going to start improving reflections'.

Confirmation on weather is the only thing I want answered about this game right now.

Cidd

Rushy when you're ready could you please give the direct feed to BlimBlim/Gamersyde please I want to see this in full HD. :)

JLeack

Banned
This looks a shit ton better than Forza, son. The lighting destroys it.

Wait, did you interpret that as a post about graphics? I'm talking gameplay and racing authenticity.

Then again, I don't like arcade racers. I can understand why someone thinks Driveclub looks good. I played it at E3 and didn't like it, though.

KORNdoggy

The first and second clip looked smoother then this one? This is a bit juddery. And the shadows don't look so hot.

Looking forward to the full race footage though, just make sure it's given to blim.

Putty

Ugh. I wish this game was more feature rich and had a m+ore simulation style approach. Forza 5 is making me much prefer XB1 for the first year of next gen.

Edited for confusion.

Thats a terrific edit to hide your original dumb comment. Unfortunate you we're quoted.

Swarming101

I think the delay will ultimately be a good thing for Driveclub. Partially because giving it away at launch via PS+ will kill sales, but mainly because it just can't compete for peoples wallets at that point in time. The Crew was delayed likely for the same reason: too many racers competing at the same time. Need for Speed Rivals is available at launch on the same console and has a much bigger mindshare because of the brand. Forza 5 is a launch title on the Xbox One, The Crew was originally a launch title as well, and Gran Turismo 6 is just around the corner. There's too many racing games competing for peoples attention, not to mention people also being able to pick up games like Killzone, Assassin's Creed IV, Call of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4 all on launch. Even though these aren't directly competing in terms of the genre of the game, they're competing for wallets. Consumers only have so much money to spend when they pick up their PS4 and a few games, and trying to sell Driveclub over some of the other games available is really tricky.

The footage that OP updated his post with looks really impressive though. The graphics are very, very nice, and the gameplay itself looks smooth. I originally thought that this was going to be a very mediocre game, and I'm still not convinced it's enough to compete with Microsoft's titan Forza (bearing in mind GT6 isn't on PS4), but they seem to be doing a lot to try to improve the game which is admirable in itself. The name isn't doing it any favours though. The image or 'brand' of the game is really very bland and does little to make itself memorable to Average Joe, which I suppose is somewhat negated now because Average Joe isn't getting a PS4 at launch, they'll get one further down the line maybe a little closer to the delayed release date of Driveclub.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'll take this many effects and 30fps over 60fps anyday. Do you need 60fps for a racing game anyway?

Will this game have a photo-mode where you can take a car on any part of the track and take pictures of it? And you can also set the time, weather and stuff? That would be awesome. I love wallpapers out of video game shots.
If no, please tweet to evo. ty :)

ICPEE

To hell with the framerate. Get the game to the standards of the reveal trailer then try to hit that 60.

Visuals first.

Gorgeous new footage. I don't even want to race, I just want to drive around at a leisurely pace and bask in the glory of those beautiful environments. Like Journey with cars or some shit lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom