• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub build shows improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
High-res:
driveclub1.gif

I still can't get over how good the lighting is in this game! Dat reflection of the top of the dash on the windshield...and then the shadow of the trees covering up that reflection momentarily...dat detail, hnnngh.

S1kkZ

and its not even the new and improved lighting engine in the 2 new videos...
cant wait to see what they will improve in the upcoming months.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Nice job Evolution

If you read this Rushy, congratulation on becoming a father and my best wishes to your wife. :)

Edit: I hope I've got that right! I'm sure Rushy had time off because he became a father.

Damn it looks good.

I'm actually glad the game got delayed. Other then giving devs more polish time, it will also - hopefully - give the game more sales since it probably won't end up being free.

LCfiner

Damn it looks good.

I'm actually glad the game got delayed. Other then giving devs more polish time, it will also - hopefully - give the game more sales since it probably won't end up being free.

they never said that they’re cancelling the PS+ edition. there should still be both

Improvements indeed. I'd like for Colin and Greg from IGN to see this new footage as they think Evolution will be closed down after the game releases.

Wait, what!? Why do they think that?

On last week's Podcast Beyond, both of them were really critical Evo after the delay was announced. I think they had a right to be critical, but they then talked about Evo in such a condescending way and saying how it will probably be the next studio Sony closes. It was embarrassing to listen to.

jayu26

On last week's Podcast Beyond, both of them were really critical Evo after the delay was announced. I think they had a right to be critical, but they then talked about Evo in such a condescending way and saying how it will probably be the next studio Sony closes. It was embarrassing to listen to.

Well, both of them are terrible at any sort of prediction. Seriously you should listen to their pre E3 predictions and stuff. It is amazing how wrong they are every time. It is even funnier considering they are on IGN PlayStation team and good friends with @yosp.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'm not sure why, but thing that really grabs my attention in the latest vid is the way the lighting on the distant environment is so authentically reflected in the rearview. Seeing the fading light on the distant mountains in the rearview just evokes such a photorealistic response. Everything else is great too, but that part stands out for some reason.

I still can't get over how good the lighting is in this game! Dat reflection of the top of the dash on the windshield...and then the shadow of the trees covering up that reflection momentarily...dat detail, hnnngh.

It's the beauty of real-time lighting. GT5 demonstrated how important that was in a racing game. You had some courses that have real-time lighting and others that are static, and the ones that are real-time look significantly better.

I just hope that they can get their weather system implemented at some point. That would take the lighting to another level.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm not sure why, but thing that really grabs my attention in the latest vid is the way the lighting on the environment is so authentically reflected. Seeing the fading light on the distant mountains in the rearview just evokes such a photorealistic response. Everything else is great too, but that part stands out for some reason.

And rightly so! This is going to be the real problem with next gen because (and I hate banging on about this) people are obsessed with judging next gen simply on resolution and framerate, when in actual fact the differences are very subtle but a substantial difference in terms of realising a vibrant world.

It's the beauty of real-time lighting. GT5 demonstrated how important that was in a racing game. You had some courses that have real-time lighting and others that are static, and the ones that are real-time look significantly better.

I just hope that they can get their weather system implemented at some point. That would take the lighting to another level.

yeah, the more i see of this game, the more I feel like its not going to be enough for me to just have the PS+ edition, I want the full version.

Rushy

To confirm there is no artificial catch-up in DRIVECLUB. The AI can only drive as fast as a human, so there is no cheating what so ever.

In the Kyle video you just saw, just before the clip begins I along with the AI in front make a mistake allowing the AI further behind to catch up down the long straight and fly by.

FDC1

To confirm there is no artificial catch-up in DRIVECLUB. The AI can only drive as fast as a human, so there is no cheating what so ever.

In the Kyle video you just saw, just before the clip begins I along with the AI in front make a mistake allowing the AI further behind to catch up down the long straight and fly by.

Thanks for the news!

Turbo or not turbo?

Jigolo

Rushy do the gaming world a favor and send these videos to Gamersyde

How is weather turning out?

CREMSteve

This is genuinely the first time I've been impressed by the visuals in this game. Everything after the initial reveal has looked meh to me, but there's something about this clip that just "clicks".

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Rushy do the gaming world a favor and send these videos to Gamersyde

It's a PS4 video share clip so the quality can only be so good. I'm willing to bet exported videos from the PS4 aren't as high bitrate as direct feed capture.

Putty

Great stuff fella. Thx for the wee update.

hexen

Neo Member

this is GREAT news.

i have a quick question: is that cracking side window effect in the first small clip work in progress? it looks a bit odd.

Congratulations on becoming a Dad Rushy :)

This is 'exactly' how I pictured this game when I knew who were making it. The feel of the way that car passed and how the little bump landed reminds me of a extremely polished feedback between car & road.

Assuming graphics look as good in final game as they day on this small gif, good AA, no pop up - Day ****ing One Full Version!

So glad of the delay but please hurry up! :)

Rushy

DRIVECLUB only features real world licensed cars, so there won't be any MotorStorm-esque boost or nitro system in the game.

And to confirm everything you see is work in progress, so hopefully every new screenshot or video will look better and better as we get closer to launch early next year. We're working hard to add as much polish as we can across the entire game, but I can't talk about features just yet.

And by the way, expect some more clips reasonably soon ;)

Loudninja

DRIVECLUB only features real world licensed cars, so there won't be any MotorStorm-esque boost or nitro system in the game.

And to confirm everything you see is work in progress, so hopefully every new screenshot or video will look better and better as we get closer to launch early next year. We're working hard to add as much polish as we can across the entire game, but I can't talk about features just yet.

Rushy you are awesome as always.

driver116

The new footage looks beautiful.

viveks86

Fantastic stuff, Rushy. Keep em coming! So excited!

Loudninja

I am not saying this in a bad way at all but we have not so big devs like,Evo,Ready at Dawn,and Suckerpunch making such amazing looking games its pretty crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom