• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub build shows improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of camera views, which views does Driveclub have? Cockpit, chase, bumper, hood?

Yeah, the final view is on the dashboard. It looks like this

untitledw8rgm.png

Yep, because I want the game to realistic. However, when racing online competitively I sometimes switch to front bumper view. Never chase cam.
You'd think it's more realistic, but i never experience it that way.
Though this cockpitview is better than the ones where you see the entire dashboard, your arms and a piece of the roof...

beast786

One thing I've noticed is how the dashboard camera lacks that raw vibrating motion.

I remember that the thing I loved the most when I played PGR3 was how the dashboard in a ferrari gave you that sense of raw power and speed, because it was vibrating. As if the car was struggling to hold on to the power of the engine. Would love to see DC push it a bit more in that direction.

I agree with you 100%. Adds real immersion. Especially when you accelerate how you get whip back. Should be a must in a cockpit view.

Rushy

this isn't the "full race" video that was mentioned over the weekend is it?
Should be able to let you guys know soon when that's going live. It has to go through the official PlayStation Youtube channel first though, which means marketing are in control of when it gets put out.

Should be able to let you guys know soon when that's going live. It has to go through the official PlayStation Youtube channel first though, which means marketing are in control of when it gets put out.

Man, you should have kept that one to yourself, remember the last time you went that route? I'm hoping and praying it happens soon, so if you say a week, marketing is thinking 3 weeks.

nib95

Banned

Dammit. Marketing really need to speed up how long it takes to get such videos public lol.

Thanks Rushy, really looking forward to the footage.

Skeff

Would it be possible to get some high bitrate version of it after it's gone onto Youtube? Youtube really takes away some of the wow factor this gen.

LCfiner

There’s a holy trinity of Driveclub “is this shit real?” gifs.

The launch trailer cockpit gif with DoF and the sun gleaming slightly in the corner.

The replay gif of the Canadian track with the car passing behind a bunch of trees, with the lake visible in the back.

asjagj.gif

And now this gif that’s been posted 50 times the last 4 hours.

iF5lgXx1aK069.gif

Amir0x

Banned
Damn, it's funny... now all this shit is coming out that shows everybody should have been super excited about this all along lol

I never doubted Evolution, I knew they always pull the visual strings together at the last moment. But GAHT-DAMN at how far the visuals have progressed now.

If only it could be 60fps *grumbles*

Freeman

Banned
I can i just watch these gifs for the rest of my life.

Plus, the view from the dashboard is awesome, what other game has it? Usually they have it on the hood.

Gold_Loot

Damn, it's funny... now all this shit is coming out that shows everybody should have been super excited about this all along lol

I never doubted Evolution, I knew they always pull the visual strings together at the last moment. But GAHT-DAMN at how far the visuals have progressed now.

Exactly. If there's one thing I leanred about Evolution, it's that they really hammer the polish on late into the dev cycle. The game looks great, and I wouldn't be suprised to see it's quality increase further by the time the game goes gold.

Tablo

Wow, looks fantastic, its the only game that makes me want to get a PS4 haha
Respect to Evolution for such an awesome looking racer. Truly a killer app. Has that casual feel that forza 5 doesn't.

Not every game needs to be...and this is not a pure sim anyways. If they can hit 60 at these visuals, that would be too good. But I want these visuals first locked at 30 instead of downgrades in visuals for 60 to just please the 60fps crowd.

Kane1345

Rushy please give Blim footage for gamersyde so we can see it in it's uncompressed greatness :D

Amir0x

Banned
Not every game needs to be...and this is not a pure sim anyways. If they can hit 60 at these visuals, that would be too good. But I want these visuals first locked at 30 instead of downgrades in visuals for 60 to just please the 60fps crowd.

Every game doesn't "NEED" to be, as in it's unplayable, but to me, every racing game certainly should be, and it's automatically inferior when it is not. Also fighting games, action games like DMC, Ninja Gaiden and a myriad of others demand it as far as I'm concerned. When you start going for "visual effects" over something so critical it actually impacts gameplay as well then you have a problem imo.

But, that's beside the point. The game does look lovely, I'm simply expressing my sole remaining disappointment.

Vire

Man seeing all these amazing gifs just makes me upset I won't be able to play it in two weeks.

The delay stings, but I'm super impressed with how this is coming along.

Let's do this Evo!

Jachaos

Is there any mode that lends itself better to local multiplayer ? I know there's apparently no split-screen, but is there the possibility to, say, beat records from other players locally ?

easily my most anticipated PS4 game right now! Was slightly bummed it got delayed, but I'd rather they be given extra time to make this game really shine.

Didn't Evolution absorb a lot of Sony Liverpool? I have no doubt that this will be a technical showpiece. Since this is not a sim racer I will forgive the frame rate.

Gek54

Yeah, the final view is on the dashboard. It looks like this

untitledw8rgm.png

That is near perfection as far as being a realistic view. Evos had a similar view in their WRC games.

Why do other developers not get it? With the limited viewing angle at your tv provides, you should bearly able to see any of the interior. Every other dev tries to pull the camera back way back into the car and fisheye to cram an almost 180 degrees of interior into what is should be at most about 45 degrees.

PD and Turn10/Playground need to take note.

Afrikan

ipjXUchWnCW5l.gif

Early 2014 will have two of the most photo realistic games EVER.... DriveClub & MLB The Show.

also.. not in this gif...but certain parts in that trailer gave off a 60fps feel.....even while still being a Youtube video. Anyone else notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom