• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New English Gameplay of Xenoblade Chronicles X

Ridley327

Maybe it's because we're not getting the data packs at all. :p

IIRC, the data packs weren't up for the Japanese release until a couple of days before the game officially came out.

Incidentally, the data packs themselves weren't announced until a couple of weeks before the game came out, too.

I refuse to watch any of these videos because I want everything to be a surprise when I first play the game, but all this chatter gets me more and more excited about it.

There's nothing like this on Wii U and I can't wait to play it.

Randomizer

Well, the "cutscene with voice acting" single-handedly convinced me to pass.

Sad.

Really? That is sad. I know you were(are?) a professional voice actor but I'd think you could overlook shoddy voice acting if the gameplay is great. I'm sure you are also very familiar with embarrassing and awkward Japanese attempts at humour and their annoying characters.

Renewed

I don't remember how many of the top level "holy shit things are happening" cutscenes there are, but it always comes down to making you the side character since you can't talk and Elma takes the lead usually with Lin alongside.

Malus

Uh, it wasn't the voice acting, guys.

Well how did you expect people to interpret your comment lol.

I refuse to watch any of these videos because I want everything to be a surprise when I first play the game, but all this chatter gets me more and more excited about it.

There's nothing like this on Wii U and I can't wait to play it.

Y'know I damn near spoiled Xenoblade Wii before I got it. I was all, "eh, doesn't look like my kinda game. LET'S LOOK UP THE FINAL BOSS DUR HUR." What I saw turned out to not be the final boss, and it was in Japanese so I didn't retain what was said. Thankfully I lost interest and closed it before things got real. Hooo boy.

Dem environments remained a total surprise for me though.

IIRC, the data packs weren't up for the Japanese release until a couple of days before the game officially came out.

Incidentally, the data packs themselves weren't announced until a couple of weeks before the game came out, too.

Oh that's a relief.

Was lookin through some gameplay footage, and I still can't believe they actually went with this as a final design
zlCfzTTGFx0vGdcBIP

Can't wait for this game though.

NateDrake

Was lookin through some gameplay footage, and I still can't believe they actually went with this as a final design

Can't wait for this game though.

Not a fan of testicle birds?

On the topic of data packs, those with a review copy were given eshop codes to redeem that allowed for download of the data packs.

On the topic of data packs, those with a review copy were given eshop codes to redeem that allowed for download of the data packs.

So the data packs are still part of the western release?

Thanks for the tip. Looks like it's time to take the plunge on an HDD.

Feep

Banned
Well how did you expect people to interpret your comment lol.
I mean, I just implied the cutscene was bad. That could mean lots of things.

Specifically, the dialogue, humor, pacing, and presentation are all pretty horrendous to me. Arguably, the voice acting might have even been the best part. There's no flow to the conversations, though, likely due to poor editing and mixing.

0:41 to 1:57 is *literally nothing but people looking up awkwardly at a siren*. Come on. Sixty six seconds of literally nothing.

Exploration looks like lots of fun, but I tend to be more plot-focused than most people, so I just don't think it's gonna be for me.

Specifically, the dialogue, humor, pacing, and presentation are all pretty horrendous to me. Arguably, the voice acting might have even been the best part. There's no flow to the conversations, though, likely due to poor editing and mixing.

0:41 to 1:57 is *literally nothing but people looking up awkwardly at a siren*. Come on. Sixty six seconds of literally nothing.

Exploration looks like lots of fun, but I tend to be more plot-focused than most people, so I just don't think it's gonna be for me.

FWIW Gamexplain said that they cut some stuff out of the scene to avoid spoilers, but not having seen anything of the JP original I don't know what exactly that was. I'm not sure that'll change your mind or anything given some of the other things you cited (which are pretty set in stone), but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Ridley327

And before anyone freaks out, these are just reviewer access codes, since they're not meant to be available to the general public just yet. They're not going to charge for them.

I do hope that most reviewers are opting to download them, though, since they have a dramatic impact on the overall visual consistency of the game.

Question. We will be able to preorder, and preload this on the wii u right? I have $60 in eshop cards only to find out I can't use them on them website!

wmlk

Yeah, that cutscene was odd. It's not exactly like it was "Japanese culture is different" or something like that. I don't think anyone can pull that card for that one.

.Anema

The game looks amazing! I want to buy it but I'm no really sure right now, specially because I don't have so much time right now to put in a JRPG :/

Also, we are still getting the mechas after
30+ hours of gameplay? Any news if this is real or just optional?

Is there an EU pre-order that is a good value?
Amazon.fr has the LE at 60€, which is the price of the regular version I can preorder in all stores I checked. I would go for that but I don't have a cc ;; if only Amazon partnered with Paypal already.

MilkBeard

I didn't think anything seemed that bad in that video, but meh, to each his own. On the other hand, I'm actually quite pleased with the voice acting, it seems pretty consistent. The only thing that bothers me is the weird body movements when characters are standing and talking. Reminds me of back in the early Dreamcast era, when designers didn't know how to do idle animations very well. They thought people seemed to shift back and forth constantly.

Top Bottom