• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Single-Player Impressions & Gameplay

13ruce

Banned
Sounds fantastic i seriously can't wait.
Seems like all my pet peeves from the campaign in 1 are all fixed now. Faster paced and more hectic/better level design and longer levels.

Even in a perfect world Nintendo could not produce enough Switch to fulfill the hunger after this game.

In the imperfect world that we life in (the one with clowns as presidents and sometimes dumb anarchists destroying streets) it will not be even nearly possible.

Come on now...Splatoon is a successful new ip...it's not that big.

I am curious if this has enough single player content to buy at launch.

13ruce

Banned
I'm prepared to be blown away by the final boss again.
Surprise me, Nintendo.

Callie + Marie + Pearl + Marina final boss music theme plz. Calimari Inkantation gave me a adrenaline rush during the final boss battle of the first game it was that good same for the boss itself.

I hope they go even crazier this time around!

I never played the first Splatoon so I wish that Nintendo would release a port of the single player campaign from the first game on Switch at a lower price.
Thatsthejoke.gif
But it's the magic words! Now discussion will start moving on to that slowly!

Come on now...Splatoon is a successful new ip...it's not that big.

I am curious if this has enough single player content to buy at launch.

Splatoon has the potential of being a Top 3 franchise in Japan right now. It sold 5 million on the Wii U with the Wii U only selling 13 million itself. I think the logical guess is that it should be pretty close to a 10 million selling franchise on Switch if it has a larger install base.

Nightii

Banned
Is this common with most sequels?

Unfrotunately, a lot of elements used in the first game's campaign are no longer present, like the specials and weapons used, so it would probably take a bit more of work than wanted to fix that, along with the overall difference in graphics, meaning they would essentially have to remaster, or maybe even remake entirely the campaign.

Would be nice, but could be considered too much hassle when they can just make a new campaign.

Neiteio

Best part is being able to replay every story mode level with each of the nine weapons (including the umbrella, even though it's not yet available in multiplayer).

In Splatoon 1, you were limited to the Hero Shot unless you used the amiibo, and even then it just added the roller and charger, and only for select levels.

RRockman

Banned
Where are the spoilers? I need to torment my little brother.

Marie is dead to me now. I was indifferent before to both of them, but now she must pay.

Neoxon

Where are the spoilers? I need to torment my little brother.

Marie is dead to me now. I was indifferent before to both of them, but now she must pay.
None of the critics are allowed to discuss anything past the third boss (according to GameXplain).

dmcAxle

Neo Member
From the NintendoWorldReport article "Callie seems to delight in laying down filthy bread puns during the course of the battle."

Story spoiler or probably just a mistake and they meant Marie?

Neoxon

From the NintendoWorldReport article "Callie seems to delight in laying down filthy bread puns during the course of the battle."

Story spoiler or probably just a mistake and they meant Marie?
They probably meant to say Marie.

deleted

I'm not really interested in the Multiplayer (Switch is my local MP Powerhouse) but I'm really interested in picking this up for single player only.

It looks great for pick up and play gameplay!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A lot of people sure missed one of the those significant Splatfest results huh.

It pretty much put an end to the debate.

Much like how it was confirmed once and for all Pokémon Blue is better than Red.

Why would it include the first game's campaign? Most of Splatoon 1's special weapons are gone.

It just would have been cool if they had the first campaign as an option (maybe unlocked after beating Splatoon 2s campaign). I know that most games don't do this.. but it would be cool to be able to play through it again on the Switch.

ffdgh

Glad to see Marie hasn't mellowed at all.
KuGsj.gif

Ridley327

I wonder if Europe will have its own script like with Splatoon 1.

There were some little differences in the way they presented some of the characters.

I hope not, because Europe really missed out on how great DJ Octavio was in the NA version of the first game.

Top Bottom