• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new heavenly sword pics

Kittonwy

Banned
Is it safe for me to post?

kevm3 said:
108390-20-2.jpg

Amazing.

That rock over there looks like a face, which is cool.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i think it's less of a rock that looks like a face and more of a statue's decapitated head. though really what's the difference.

M3d10n

Dwayne said:
better_hs.jpg

NOW WITH LIGHT

I hope they do something about the hair, it looks very out of place on that screenshot. There is a ton of ways they can improve it without affecting performance.

And the bashing is the result of what happens when you try a cleaner look on a next-gen game. Any surface not filled with gritty multi-texturing details triggers the "omg, Xbox 1 game!11!1" alarm.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
nariko's ropy strands of hair have always seemed like a stylistic decision to me. and i like it. though i guess it doesn't look that way in the promotional artwork.

What impress me the most on the demo at E3 2006 was the lighting. I don't think there will be a downgrade after 1 year and half of development :)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Looking good :)
The only thing that stands out a bit is nariko's lighting on the very wide shots like this one:
108390-17-2.jpg

The water could have been better too. Everything else seems great, but I'd like to see 720p versions.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Alkaliine said:
I'm not sure what to think. At times it looks amazing, at other times only a little better than Ninja Gaiden did on the Xbox.

:lol

Damn come on guys.

mckmas8808 said:
:lol

Damn come on guys.

I think that says more about Ninja Gaiden that Heavenly Sword, but still, I don't think that is out of the equation. Some of those shots simply aren't all that impressive for next-gen.

mckmas8808

Blimblim said:
Looking good :)
The only thing that stands out a bit is nariko's lighting on the very wide shots like this one:
108390-17-2.jpg

The water could have been better too. Everything else seems great, but I'd like to see 720p versions.

Well we know for a fact that the waterfalls looks really really great in motion.

Guys if you want to see a nice, slow, and detailed walk through on one of the levels watch this youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvJXckyfLIA

Seriously guys the music and just the feel of that video put chills through my body.

Alkaliine said:
I think that says more about Ninja Gaiden that Heavenly Sword, but still, I don't think that is out of the equation. Some of those shots simply aren't all that impressive for next-gen.

No it says alot more about you giving NG more credit than it deserves. It still looks good but nowhere near as good as this.

Chrono

Banned
mckmas8808 said:

THAT is the level of graphics I was expecting from Heavenly Sword... Anybody who thinks these screens, like the one in Blimblim's post above, is even remotely close to that video is either a fanboy or a moron. I'm having audio problems and not getting sound from youtube for some reason, what do they say about it - target render or what? I remember seeing that video last E3 I think.

mckmas8808

Chrono said:
THAT is the level of graphics I was expecting from Heavenly Sword... Anybody who thinks these screens, like the one in Blimblim's post above, is even remotely close to that video is either a fanboy or a moron. I'm having audio problems and not getting sound from youtube for some reason, what do they say about it - target render or what? I remember seeing that video last E3 I think.

That IS what the game looks like. Think about what you are seeing in these pictures. They are small and how often have we seen games this gen look much better in motion than in screenshots?

Surreal

mckmas8808 said:
That IS what the game looks like. Think about what you are seeing in these pictures. They are small and how often have we seen games this gen look much better in motion than in screenshots?

It's a target render my friend.

mckmas8808

Surreal said:
It's a target render my friend.

I know what the devs said about the video. And they've proven that they can hit those graphics. What makes you think that same stage won't look like that?

jaypah

mckmas8808 said:
The lighting in this game is sooo nice. Godly nice.

Heavenly%20Sword.jpg

damn straight! that's a nice shot. the lighting looks....right in that shot. i'm so frickin amped to play this. it's going to be a good gen for action games.

JoJo13

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
Motion blurring and depth of field. I think the engine supports both but they haven't implemented em yet
What? These are screen grabs not videos. If it was a video clip then you would have a point, but its not. Just quit with your graphic bashing, wasn't the not enough sparks thread enough for you already?

Nozi said:
Bloom, fake HDR.. some kind of full screen effect, even if its just high contrast. The early shots were full of this and its perfect for this kind of fantasy game.
What? Bloom to fake HDR? Where do you come up with fake HDR?

Nozi
ignore this post --->
(Today, 03:38 AM)
Reply | Quote
I should really start reading that tag you have.

mckmas8808 said:
Guys if you want to see a nice, slow, and detailed walk through on one of the levels watch this youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvJXckyfLIA

Nah..the textures and lighting in that target vid are easily above whats in the new screens. I'm sure once larger screens are posted it'll become more obvious.

That being said, the game looks good and stills certainly doesn't do the game justice (we've all seen how it animates).

mckmas8808

abacab driver said:
Nah..the textures and lighting in that target vid are easily above whats in the new screens. I'm sure once larger screens are posted it'll become more obvious.

That being said, the game looks good and stills certainly doesn't do the game justice (we've all seen how it animates).

What I'm saying is that the game more than likely looks closer to the video then it does in these screens. Bad screenshots are taken all the time. For example, do you remember this arena?

heavenlysword1_large.jpg

These are bad screenshots for what this level looked like when we saw it in motion.

Look at the same level in motion.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4924941656020874487&q=heavenly+sword&hl=en

or here

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1316457944842105043&q=heavenly+sword&hl=en

Chrono

Banned
megateto said:
Real question, and not some kind of stealth troll or anything: will HS be considered as a first gen title?

It's a second gen title; fanboys can think it's a pre-first gen alpha-whatever title if they want, who cares.

Pistolero

It's coming out during the first year of the console so, in a sense, it's still first gen...
But regardless of the classification...I sense much fear in the lase comment...fear and anger ! :lol

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
It's a second gen title; fanboys can think it's a pre-first gen alpha-whatever title if they want, who cares.

what even decides this?

Kutaragi says that all the launch titles were 3rd gen for instance!

so - we only have 18 games or so that are first gen now? isn't it just that the 1st gen titles are very delayed?

Or am i missing something about how these gen's are decided?

Mar

DCharlie said:
what even decides this?

Kutaragi says that all the launch titles were 3rd gen for instance!

so - we only have 18 games or so that are first gen now? isn't it just that the 1st gen titles are very delayed?

Or am i missing something about how these gen's are decided?

It's 3rd generation game 3.0 in the 4th dimension.

Pistolero

By the way, the lighting and textures are really amazing..
Some other things not quite there, but knowing the game is physics and animation intensive, I need a real unveiling...

Chrono

Banned
Pistolero said:
It's coming out during the first year of the console so, in a sense, it's still first gen...
But regardless of the classification...I sense much fear in the lase comment...fear and anger ! :lol

Oh god, f'king end yourself. fear of what? a possibly great game coming to the only next-gen system I own - ps3? yeah I'm scared. i don't know about anger, I suppose I'm bitter about developer promises of what this gen should deliver. people here don't seem to mind though, as long as it looks good enough to be drafted in the console wars I guess.

Chrono said:
Oh god, f'king end yourself. fear of what? a possibly great game coming to the only next-gen system I own - ps3? yeah I'm scared. i don't know about anger, I suppose I'm bitter about developer promises of what this gen should deliver. people here don't seem to mind though, as long as it looks good enough to be drafted in the console wars I guess.

which games arent disappointing to you then?

Personally I think the scale in the shots is great, I really hope the game has some scope to match the environments though. If you checked the arena vids for the gaming the lighting was very impressive, if those graphics hold up for these huge environments, I dont think anybody can complain really.

pswii60

Pistolero said:

So Gears of War was first gen?

pswii60 said:
So Gears of War was first gen?

first gen unreal effort...I think the gen stuff is irrelevant, but if you want to consider, gears is really a first gen built from the ground up unreal effort...it was their first game on the system, and begun quite a long time before the system dropped...many of the other games were just port em ups or pc conversions

peace

DSN2K

best looking PS3 game by a mile in every department! from the art, technically and the animation is 2nd to none.

real quality game in the making.

ChryZ

megateto said:
Real question, and not some kind of stealth troll or anything: will HS be considered as a first gen title?
It depends on your point of view. For me it's a first gen title. Sure, NT is working closely with Sony and they got access to the latest libs/tools/etc ... BUT it's still their first take on PS3. Resistance, Lair, Motorstorm all first gen to me. Now R&CFTOD, that's a second gen title.

Kittonwy

Banned
megateto said:

It's considered the first title Ninja Theory is developing for the PS3.
Indifferent2.gif

Treo360

nelsonroyale said:
first gen unreal effort...I think the gen stuff is irrelevant, but if you want to consider, gears is really a first gen built from the ground up unreal effort...it was their first game on the system, and begun quite a long time before the system dropped...many of the other games were just port em ups or pc conversions
peace

XSamu

Banned
Kittonwy said:
That rock over there looks like a face, which is cool.
It's funny to see people posting about games they're hyped for, they really like every stupid aspect about the game :lol

Anyway, it seems like many people in here have lost the ability to be objective. Yeah it looks nice, but not "holy" or "absolutely amazing". I mean, how can you even say that about screens as small as the screen of my mobile phone. All you can say is that it looks interesting and that it could look amazing in motion (in nice HD quality). Just stop the stupid hype about nothing please.

manxor

The Ninja Gaiden comparisons to these new screens really aren't too far off... in my humble opinion.
The tiling repeated texture all over the BG mountains just screams early temp/wip.
108390-17-2.jpg

This is more how I remember the game looking when I played it at E3 '06...
Heavenly%20Sword.jpg

Hopefully these new screenshots don't represent what the final game will look like.

gbovo

XSamu said:
It's funny to see people posting about games they're hyped for, they really like every stupid aspect about the game :lol

Anyway, it seems like many people in here have lost the ability to be objective. Yeah it looks nice, but not "holy" or "absolutely amazing". I mean, how can you even say that about screens as small as the screen of my mobile phone. All you can say is that it looks interesting and that it could look amazing in motion (in nice HD quality). Just stop the stupid hype about nothing please.
And why should we...? I think the game looks amazing, and I already know that it looks better in motion, going by the E3 06 demo. So i'm hyped for the game very veeery hyped

XSamu

Banned
gbovo said:
And why should we...? I think the game looks amazing, and I already know that it looks better in motion, going by the E3 06 demo. So i'm hyped for the game very veeery hyped
I saw the same video's of that demo. And yes it was nice, but nothing to be "that" hyped about. It did have amazing lighting though.

gbovo

XSamu said:
I saw the same video's of that demo. And yes it was nice, but nothing to be "that" hyped about. It did have amazing lighting though.
Well I am "that" hyped about the game, if you aren't, that's fine. But saying people should stop the hype just cause you're not that hyped yourself sounds nonsensical.

Top Bottom