• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hitman: Absolution trailer "She must be special"

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
After playing Blood Money, this is so far from what I wanted from a new Hitman, and even on its own, this looks rather mediocre. Luckily, regardless of how this turns out, Blood Money will always be brilliant. I just wished it was getting the follow-up it deserves.

Sethos

Banned
Hitman is pretty kill heavy in most of the trailers for each game.

Not sure how this is any different.

It's different because now everyone wants to hate the game, so they will do their best to shit on it whenever possible.

Messi

It's different because now everyone wants to hate the game, so they will do their best to shit on it whenever possible.

I don't like any of the action heavy trailers, blood money included. But I never got into a big firefight in blood money. The trailers make it look like you have to blast people away, which in the end was just not tue.

Sethos

Banned
I don't like any of the action heavy trailers, blood money included. But I never got into a big firefight in blood money. The trailers make it look like you have to blast people away, which in the end was just not tue.

Trailers for the game have always been a bit misleading, but the games made up for them tenfold. That's why I reserve my judgement until I actually try the game. Unlike many of these knee-jerk reactions.

Balehead

o fukk dats sum badass assassin shit killing bitches ice cold like dat, daym!!

Footage so far seems to focus on missions where the enemies are already expecting 47, first the library and now this. They should really show us some standard contract type mission where the more familiar Blood Money gameplay was the focus, I'm not digging what I've seen so far.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Blood Money is goddamn incredible, literally one of my favorite games to just replay. I really hope this game turns out well.

Derrick01

Banned
Trailers for the game have always been a bit misleading, but the games made up for them tenfold. That's why I reserve my judgement until I actually try the game. Unlike many of these knee-jerk reactions.

So you've also ignored the gameplay footage and previews detailing the mark and execute among other shit things?

Sethos

Banned
So you've also ignored the gameplay footage and previews detailing the mark and execute among other shit things?

No, since I've taken this magic approach where I wait until more information is leaked about the game, read some trustworthy reviews that might actually shoot down any concerns or better yet, try the game. Once upon a time I also loved assuming and being overly judgemental about tidbits of gameplay footage and having massive knee-jerk reactions. I got wiser.

Nyphestus

Neo Member
I'll reserve official judgement until we see a full, proper walkthrough of a level. Until then, I will try to remain optimistic, but I am slightly worried.

Derrick01

Banned
No, since I've taken this magic approach where I wait until more information is leaked about the game, read some trustworthy reviews that might actually shoot down any concerns or better yet, try the game. Once upon a time I also loved assuming and being overly judgemental about tidbits of gameplay footage and having massive knee-jerk reactions. I got wiser.

Ah. See I like to look at what the developers choose to release beforehand and comment on that, since that's what they think makes their game look good. I'll comment on the reviews too when it gets to that time, not that I trust our media to understand what makes a Hitman game special.

Another trailer, this is just going to make me sad again, right?

*Watches video*

Yup, continues to look like the exact opposite of what this game needs to be.

Dabanton

You expect people to actually wait and see? i'm still LOL'ing at how Max Payne 3 threads used to follow what happens in these Hitman threads. People shitting on the game telling R* that they didn't understand max and that they could never capture his brand of gunplay. Now pop into a Max Payne 3 thread and it's all gushing about how they can't wait for it.

I'm expecting the same for this game.

The extended play through i watched a while back that they had up on Xbox Live showed me i will have plenty of approaches to situations just what i expect from a Hitman game.

I would think most sensible gamers would realise we live in the age of trying to get as many people to buy the game as possible. The previous Hitman Trailers which highlighted him killing were part of that and they were successful in pulling in a larger audience of gamers.

They are certainly not how I played the game as i liked to get 'Silent Assassin' awards on every stage, but the house of Hitman is a wide church with many different play styles.

Sethos

Banned
Ah. See I like to look at what the developers choose to release beforehand and comment on that, since that's what they think makes their game look good. I'll comment on the reviews too when it gets to that time, not that I trust our media to understand what makes a Hitman game special.

Yeah I can agree with that, trailers, footage and the rest of the advertisement obviously sets up the game for our judgement, perfectly normal to be discouraged by a bad trailer and then just apply all that to the game. But as already proved, trailers can be misleading or just poorly directed and just be doing the game(s) a disservice, a lot of times it seems like the company intern get a crack at directing it. I'd just think most people would have learned all that by now, personally I've been positively surprised a lot more than I've been correct about my initial negative judgement of trailers or gameplay footage.

Maybe I've just reached a point in my gaming life where I don't really give a damn until the game is actually close to release :p

You expect people to actually wait and see? i'm still LOL'ing at how Max Payne 3 threads used to follow what happens in these Hitman threads. People shitting on the game telling R* that they didn't understand max and that they could never capture his brand of gunplay. Now pop into a Max Payne 3 thread and it's all gushing about how they can't wait for it.

I'm expecting the same for this game.

Yeah, we certainly reached a point where everything gets the knife in assumptions and then a lot of backpedaling closer to release.

Messi

I like to listen to what they say. Like when they said those things are optional.

aegies

I wonder if people realize how comparatively simplified blood money was in comparison to contracts and silent assassin. I've seen the game in person, and, as others have said, the advertising for Hitman has always emphasized the shooting element far more than the stealth element, because it's impossible to sell stealth and methodical play in 90 seconds. I have no reason to think it won't feel like a Hitman game when all is said and done.

Messi

Wow. Yet another shitty trailer for this game.

Count me out, and that's coming from a long-time Hitman fan.

Did you like the trailers for the other games? I hated them and loved the actual games.

I wonder if people realize how comparatively simplified blood money was in comparison to contracts and silent assassin. I've seen the game in person, and, as others have said, the advertising for Hitman has always emphasized the shooting element far more than the stealth element, because it's impossible to sell stealth and methodical play in 90 seconds. I have no reason to think it won't feel like a Hitman game when all is said and done.

Now we are talking, someone who has seen it. :p

You expect people to actually wait and see?

After several trailers and a couple of lengthy sequences of gameplay footage (Which have a dozen things wrong with them per minute of footage), it's not that insane to be worried about this. Combine that with the director of the game saying that all those cool parts about previous games are pretty bad, and being worried is the correct stance to have here.

Fezan

Unlike many others i am hopeful for this game but the trailer was terrible.but not because agent47 was shoot every one.But everything else was bad

Pooya

man, those faces and character models... people always looked ugly in IOI games though :S
voice acting didn't sound very good either. well, hope this turns out good somehow, there is hardly any stealth game left.

The facial animations and character models are awful.

I'll make a judgement on the gameplay when I actually play it, but I'm not too thrilled about the massive "Conviction" feeling I'm getting.

Top Bottom