• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hitman: Absolution trailer "She must be special"

After listening to this developer commentary on the library level playthrough, and seeing the stealth playthrough from this vid (part 1 and the first half of part 2) of the orphanage level, I think the stealth and disguise gameplay will be OK. Certainly we know that the shooting will be fine if a stealth playthrough goes pear shaped (and not many stealth games can actually say that).

My one remaining concern is that the nature of the story (i.e. 47 doing missions for himself) will take away the mission freedom that I loved in Blood Money: I loved the concept of standalone contracts where you were there to kill somebody and had complete freedom as to how you accomplished it. There weren't one or two levels like that, it was basically all of them bar the first and last missions.

The whole attraction of that game was trying to figure out how to make the death look like an accident, with no witnesses to foul play, and no evidence left behind. I really hope Absolution offers a lot of that too but I'm struggling to see how they could fit in within the story structure they're going for.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do we know the release date yet? For some reason I thought it was sometime in May, but that's obviously not happening at this point.

Man, we don't even know Tomb Raider's yet. Eidos's only announced game for 2012 so far is Sleeping Dogs.

Watching this trailer gave me some confidence for the first time. I'm sure (or at least I hope) that it's not necessary to "clear the area out", but possible to avoid contact with NPCs completely. I guess IO finds it easier to show off and grab attention with killing them in different ways.

The only thing I would like to see is, if there are missions where you're treated as a common citizen before acting suspicious. Seems like everybody is always aware of 47 and pulling the guns just by spotting him.

Top Bottom