• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New InFamous Second Son Screenshots

Groof

Fire > Lightning

Looks very good

I'd say they're on par. Before I'd've agreed with you but Lightning-based powers have grown on me lately.

9011697244_bd3db6655a_b.jpg

And I said goddamn.

RoKKeR

I'm glad this isn't a launch title, because it will give the PS4 a HUGE boost come Q1 next year. Can't wait for it.

kuroshiki

I hope the gameplay holds a candle to the visuals.

Infamous 2 was pretty stale compared to the first game.

The problem with infamous series in my opinion is sub quests.

2 did better job than 1, but it was still not enough. I hope second son actually brings something more interesting when it comes to sub quests.

Carl

MMMMFFFF looks gorgeous. Pity it isn't out til next year. Definitely one of my most anticipated PS4 titles.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
didn't know this was a ubisoft game.

i dream of a future neogaf where posting bullshots/thumbnail gifs/assorted non-interactive bullshit and passing it off as representative of gameplay is given the same mod treatment as spreading other deliberately obfuscated or distorted information.

UrbanRats

Old games had fictional cities. (though based on real ones)

@StuBurns: They said since their studio is based in Seattle, they know the city really well and given the higher fidelity, they wanted to set it in a city that felt real, and they were able to get the essence of Seattle really well, since they know it.
I don't know why they used the real name though.

StuBurns

Banned
They live there. They almost never fail to mention why they went with Seattle in their interviews.
That doesn't answer what I asked though. I wanted to know why they went from giving fake names to their first two cities to just using the real name this time. That's an unusual decision to me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That doesn't answer what I asked though. I wanted to know why they went from giving fake names to their first two cities to just using the real name this time. That's an unusual decision to me.
I just like the concept of the America in the inFamous universe consisting of Empire City, New Marais, and Seattle.

Shikoro

They said that with the PS4 they won't have to use fogging to control the level of detail shown, and now they're using it even more. Good one.

I already said this a few times, but the pop-in is more frequent and in smaller distance than in the PS3 inFamous games. What gives? Get on that freaking tessellation bandwagon already...

firen

Maybe they didn't feel like mapping out the actual cities and now they want to since it almost feels like a reboot on new hardware.

Amir0x

Banned
It's kind of amazing that Sucker Punch is getting this shit out of PS4 for Q1 2014. These are launch window products showcasing this sort of jump.

Naughty Dog will probably make brains bleed.

velociraptor

They said that with the PS4 they won't have to use fogging to control the level of detail shown, and now they're using it even more. Good one.

I already said this a few times, but the pop-in is more frequent and in smaller distance than in the PS3 inFamous games. What gives? Get on that freaking tessellation bandwagon already...

I agree. I had hoped the 8GB GDDR5 would be put to good use here.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Game still looks phenomenal. I'm really really excited. This title would've been a killer launch title. So sad.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Not running on final dev kits and the fog is because it's in Seattle, not because of technical reasons.

This is the best use of particle effects of any game to date.
They add so much to the scene and make SENSE.
Unlike hawking or most physicsX nvidia stuff.

They said it isn't a 1:1 mapping of the city, but it does contain all of the important stuff that defines Seattle. They will probably make up or change some areas for artistic or gameplay purposes.

? Pop-in, draw distance seem to be much improved over the PS3 games. Also, the time of day means the scene is suffused with light. There is heat haze, didnt see any fog...

Fergie

Banned
didn't know this was a ubisoft game.

i dream of a future neogaf where posting bullshots/thumbnail gifs/assorted non-interactive bullshit and passing it off as representative of gameplay is given the same mod treatment as spreading other deliberately obfuscated or distorted information.
It isn't, Sucker Punch (Infamous series) productions are owned by Sony.
Assorted non-interactive? Would you care to clarify?

Top Bottom