• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New InFamous Second Son Screenshots

stanley1993

Neo Member
Hopefully its not just a re-skinned infamous because that is what the demo looked like. Nothing different, at least from what I saw, just the ability to go through pipes. Were there any footage of inside building environments or gameplay? Seems like the same animations too, just with a few new moves.

Squire

Banned
Fire > Lightning

Looks very good

Well, they're saying "Smoke" to be fair. And I can see why.

I'm not sure if I read this or if I came to this conclusion myself, but fire is a poor super power because it can't build; It only destroys.

Smoke is a middle-ground.

Enco

Looks amazing but I'm siding with bullshots.

The gameplay looks nice for sure but not on the same level as the screenshots.

Squire

Banned
hopefully they ditch uncharted. If not, it needs a gameplay overhaul. TLOU is so much better

I think UC4 needs to happen just because if what that franchise is at this point.

But whatever Neil and Bruce do next will be amazing. Those two are probably going to be names going forward.

cyborg009

Banned
oh man I can't wait to climb that space needle

one of the things I absolutely missed about inFAMOUS 2, and why I wish they were more inventive about including, was the hugely scalable platforming challenges that inhabited inFAMOUS 1. They weren't particularly hard, but they were engaging, and there were a few opportunities for that (the prison, the garbage tower place, etc).

I hope they can return to a little taste of that with the space needle or whatever

InFamous 2 only had the ice tower I think.

NEO0MJ

It certainly is, but whatever that team does next won't be ready for a while. I think one last Uncharted before they retire it for awhile.

It would be the first time they work on a franchise from a previous gen. Would be pretty funny if this time they went back to making cartoony games, but I really, really doubt they'll do that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It certainly is, but whatever that team does next won't be ready for a while. I think one last Uncharted before they retire it for awhile.
My bet too. One more blowout Uncharted title from ND and then they'll take a break from it for a bit or another dev will take over.

majorscud

I agree with those calling bullshots. I think the game will be awesome, but these shots just look a little too impressive. I preordered with the hope it comes out 1st quarter next year.

Shikoro

I agree. I had hoped the 8GB GDDR5 would be put to good use here.
Granted, it isn't running on final devkits and it isn't optimised yet so it will look more streamlined, but to what degree...

Not running on final dev kits and the fog is because it's in Seattle, not because of technical reasons.
I know how fog looks like when it should be there, and how when it's used to limit the geometry which should be rendered. If it's put there on purpose, then I'll be glad to be proven wrong. ^^

? Pop-in, draw distance seem to be much improved over the PS3 games. Also, the time of day means the scene is suffused with light. There is heat haze, didnt see any fog...

I'll gif a few obvious scenes tomorrow, going to sleep. We'll see about the others.

Ran rp

Those shots have been in the flickr account of PS Blog for a while. More:

9011692126_b35c9edbdc_b.jpg

little_mermaid_ver1.jpg

orioto

Good Art™
After the Dark Sorcerer, I don't think we should be calling anything on the PS4 bullshots...

Any official screen with super sampling iq is probably bullshot, but the difference must not be that huge if there is good AA in the 1080p game.

Dyna

The gameplay seems great and I like the graphics, but damn, something about the main character just screams "douche".

-griffy-

Banned
I already said this a few times, but the pop-in is more frequent and in smaller distance than in the PS3 inFamous games. What gives? Get on that freaking tessellation bandwagon already...

No it's not, that's ludicrous. On PS3 there would be level of detail stuff popping in fairly close to the character (like on the closest roof top compared to buildings a football field away in Second Son). It's obviously better in the Second Son videos.

People expect these new games to look perfect, devoid of any technical problems, which is of course ludicrous. There's still pop-in in the best of the best looking PC games running on the best hardware, ie Crysis 3, so of course there is still going to be this stuff on the new consoles.

dreamfall

Lovelovelove . Replaying inFamous 2 and really enjoying myself- Ice shard blast off is so rad, even years later.

The movement in this game looks even more exhilarating than the previous installments, and the demo was one of the coolest videos to come out of E3.

Consider me hyped!

Really hope they fix all the problems with the original games.

I mean you have a game about fricken superheros stop taking it so damn seriously and let me go absolutely wild.

Top Bottom