• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New InFamous Second Son Screenshots

Squire

Banned
Delsin is already infinitely better than Cole.

They turned off the UI at E3 to demonstrate how intuitive the controls are.

I really hate the design of the main character.

It's his clothing, Flannel under a hoodie, under a denim vest...with a knit cap.

I'm fine with the skinny jeans and converse, they don't offend me as much

I really hope we can change his attire...

Squire

Banned

It's his clothing, Flannel under a hoodie, under a denim vest...with a knit cap.

Blame Seattle.

B.O.O.M

Wasn't it lightning that created that fire in the first place?

Doubt anyone would know for sure but imo the use of fire must have come from friction between stones

This line of thinking...I will never understand

dsvoid

Neo Member
image_infamous_second_son-22309-2661_0010.jpg

Jeeziz! Did they hire Duncan Harris for these shots?

Blueblur1

The game really does look great. It's a shame it won't be out until next spring. Then again I wouldn't want it to be rushed.

Jonboy

Delsin is already infinitely better than Cole.

They turned off the UI at E3 to demonstrate how intuitive the controls are.
Hopefully the UI is kept at an absolute minimum. One of those odd random things that's really started to drive me crazy of late. Really appreciate games like The Last of Us, which hide it well and use it sparingly.

They look nice but there is still no shots of him on top of a building overlooking the city, and where are the NPCs? I'm not talking about cops but regular peds. They still got 9 months or so.

Hattori

Banned
I'm really impressed, a part of me wishes this was a launch game, but another part of me is glad that it's getting the time and polish it deserves. I'm really excited to play this game.

Squire

Banned
Hopefully the UI is kept at an absolute minimum. One of those odd random things that's really started to drive me crazy of late. Really appreciate games like The Last of Us, which hide it well and use it sparingly.

Agreed. TLOU was perfect with the UI. Even button prompts were small enough so that when they did appear, they didn't totally break your immersion.

RE: bullshots. If they have so many good ones for this game, will they not even consider a port to PC?

No. They want you to buy a PS4.

Man this game is looking good. After inFamous 2 I wasn't interested in the franchise at all but it seems like Sucker Punch tried hard to reinvent the series. Using mocap will hopefully help their storytelling convey more emotion too.

Duffyside

Banned
I wonder how many people who are looking forward to this game didn't play the previous Infamous games?

I have a feeling that a bunch of new people are going to give this franchise a chance now with next-gen arriving, which is exactly why I wanted Sucker Punch to make just one more Infamous game in the first place. It's a really great franchise, that seemingly gets better and better.

Edit: Also, really smart of Sony/SP to drop the numbers and go with a subtitle, so that new people don't worry that they'll be confused about the story or whatever.

Doubt anyone would know for sure but imo the use of fire must have come from friction between stones

This line of thinking...I will never understand

Dislike his clothing. What is hard to understand?

I understand that game takes place in Seattle and his attire is a homage to grunge (as the general consensus is that that is the birthplace of said musical genre). I don't believe that a 20-something would dress in that manner unless they are a hipster trying to make a statement. Maybe I'm wrong and youth of Seattle still dress as grungy as the 90's. Didn't do the research.

I know his clothing has no real effect on the game and it will most likely be awesome. How would you feel if gave him overalls and flip flops...also stunner shades?

*Edit

For clarification, I'm a huge fan of the Infamous series, Almost platted 1 (Damn Shards), platted 2, and 100% Festival of Blood

Squire

Banned
I understand that game takes place in Seattle and his attire is a homage to grunge (as the general consensus is that that is the birthplace of said musical genre). I don't believe that a 20-something would dress in that manner unless they are a hipster trying to make a statement. Maybe I'm wrong and youth of Seattle still dress as grungy as the 90's. Didn't do the research.

Both.

VanWinkle

That's some of the best, most natural lighting I've ever seen in a game. My goodness. Looks incredible. And that bokeh depth-of-field. Man.

B.O.O.M

Dislike his clothing. What is hard to understand?

I know his clothing has no real effect on the game and it will most likely be awesome. How would you feel if gave him overalls and flip flops...also stunner shades?

*Edit

For clarification, I'm a huge fan of the Infamous series, Almost platted 1 (Damn Shards), platted 2, and 100% Festival of Blood

You are offended by the clothing of a video game character.....yes I don't understand it. If he gets flip flops and stunner shades I would be like 'lol' but that would be the extent of it.

And yes your clearly have no idea about the North West. I'm from Portland OR. Been to seattle god knows how many times. 90's never left here :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmq9dq6Nsg

You are offended by the clothing of a video game character.....yes I don't understand it. If he gets flip flops and stunner shades I would be like 'lol' but that would be the extent of it.

And yes your clearly have no idea about the North West. I'm from Portland OR. Been to seattle god knows how many times. 90's never left here :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmq9dq6Nsg

Eww. Glad I didn't take that job with Xerox then. Would have to had re-located to Portland.

Different strokes I suppose. Must be the L.A. in me?

Also not offended, just dislike.

In any case I should tell my buddy about this, he never really let go of the 90's...

Loomer

This main character actually looks worse than cole macgrath. Still, this is the reason I'll get a ps4 before Xbox.

I kind of dig the Douche McEdgy type design, even if I'm getting a small Donte vibe off him...

Really shouldn't have put Infamous 2 on my backlog instead of playing it the day it came out( will still play it before SS, even if
the ending's spoiled
).

B.O.O.M

Eww. Glad I didn't take that job with Xerox then. Would have to had re-located to Portland.

In any case I should tell my buddy about this, he never really let go of the 90's...

Yep different strokes for sure. I love it here, fantastic place.

Squire

Banned

LOL, it's just you. Don't put it on us.

I've never been, I plan to visit one day. Unfortunately all my business trips have taken me east of California and not north. I have friends moving to Portland soon, Maybe I'll drop bye and never leave.

LOL can't really understand how a characters style seems to bug some people. Its understandable with a past character that changed looks in a sequel, but this is a brand new character with a different style and personality. Its even funnier that people are calling him a 'douche' while everyone is less upset with generic dudebro bald protagonists.

Duffyside

Banned
Fuuuuck I thought this was a launch game, guys.

It really is too bad it isn't. Not just for us, but for Sony/SP as well. This could be the best and therefore biggest launch game for any console in over a decade. That would do worlds of good for everyone involved.

Top Bottom