• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Jersey beach shut for everyone bar Chris Christie and family

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This is the most New Jersey thing I've ever seen

Eh should have been porkroll instead of funnel cake to be a truly Jersey thing. Then again I don't think Christie would be putting down porkroll

sOhXYgv.jpg

He's getting into sports radio or some shit after his time as Governor is over.

Ugh i heard he might be taking over for francessa on the fan, which sucks because i love mike and i dont want that station permanetly stenched up by christie and his shennanigans.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
NJ resident here, and my dad is a lawyer for the state (he's currently enjoying his day(s) off at the beach).

He won his second term because of how he handled Hurricane Sandy. While New Jersey is a blue state, we understand that all of our politicans are corrupt as shit regardless of party affiliation, and the way he worked with Obama earned him my vote.

He's also really good at hiding his bullshit behind seemingly good things. Right now, for example, he's arguing that Democrats are shutting the state down because they don't believe that the drug crisis is worthy of government spending.

He probably would have won without Sandy but that is what made him win overwhelmingly. Even my parents said he was doing a good job with it and they haven't voted for a Republican in their lives.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link.

Gov. Chris Christie called in to a local Fox affiliate on Monday morning to defend his decision to stay at a state-owned residence on Island Beach State Park even as it was closed to the public due to the government shutdown.

“What a great bit of journalism by the Star-Ledger. They actually caught a politician being where he said he was going to be with the people he said he was going to be with — his wife and his children and their friends,” Christie told FOX5NY on Monday morning.

“I’m sure they’re going to get a Pulitzer for this, they caught me,” he said.

“If the Legislature would pass a budget then the park would be open,” Christie responded.

This is apropos of nothing, but I'm dyslexic and my first read of the title was "New Jersey beach slut for everyone Chris Christie..."

I just thought everyone else could stand to throw up in their mouth a little.

I heard that Christie did the exact same thing with a rest stop bathroom on I95. He had it closed down, but he stops in for a shit whenever he's passing through. THEY SAY HE FILLS THE BOWL ALL THE WAY TO THE BRIM..

gdt

The fat jokes here are a little much. He's a complete asshole and dumb selfish corrupt fuck, don't see why fat jokes gotta get thrown on top of that.

Just got a CNN alert that the shutdown is over. Beaches will be open tomorrow for the holiday.

"CHRIS CHRISTIE SAVES BEACHES FROM THE CLUTCHES OF DEMOCRATS JUST IN TIME FOR HOLIDAY, RESIDENTS REJOICE" - conservative headlines tomorrow

entremet

Christie was probably getting lit up in emails and calls.

What a fuckface. Good thing my Jersey brethren can enjoy public beaches and parks tomorrow.

Friend of mine who is from NJ was just telling me about this. So absurd.

What a fucking piece of shit Christie is, not to mention a shamelsss liar. But again: what do you expect from a Republican?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Yeah. It's been the whole weekend, right?

Believe it was announced and put into effect early Saturday. Blows my mind he had the balls to do it. Reading through some of the articles there was a excerpt about 25 cub scouts being kicked out of one of the parks.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Haha Christie tried his single playbook "tell it like it is" and it finally failed hard.is it even possible to get less than 15% approval rate? Like isn't 15% a reasonable number of people with no clue what day it is?

The fat jokes here are a little much. He's a complete asshole and dumb selfish corrupt fuck, don't see why fat jokes gotta get thrown on top of that.

When you are a rotten, evil, corrupt piece of shit, all personal flaws are fair game as far as mockery is concerned.

entremet

So I was reading how pissed service workers were at this. Many waitstaff and bartenders lost tons of money. This is a big week for them.

Fucking, Christie.

Blader

For most people, I'd agree. But Christie is a bad person, and given that he feels apparently no political shame anymore, he should be made to feel bad personally.

Haha Christie tried his single playbook "tell it like it is" and it finally failed hard.is it even possible to get less than 15% approval rate? Like isn't 15% a reasonable number of people with no clue what day it is?

Rod Blagojevich's approval rating hit 3 percent, but he also went to fucking jail, lol.

andthebeatgoeson

For most people, I'd agree. But Christie is a bad person, and given that he feels apparently no political shame anymore, he should be made to feel bad personally.

Rod Blagojevich's approval rating hit 3 percent, but he also went to fucking jail, lol.
Christie should be in jail. He knew.

effzee

which is shocking to me.

dont people have to like you in order to tune in?

He has already co-hosted a morning radio show here in the NYC/NJ market. Boomer and Carton on wFAN.

He will be well liked because that show leans right with Boomer and Carton both using dog whistles from time to time to show their disdain with the modern athlete, mostly NBA players, while heaping praise n guys who do it right, mostly NHL players. Pro Trump guys up and down on that station. Whenever one or the other is out, Christie is invited to co-host.

Don't be shocked at all if he is liked. He also is a Cowboys fan and people will hate listen to him just for that.

Top Bottom