• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Justice League poster

Man that tag line and that stupid font is atrocious and wtf do they mean you can't save the world alone? I'm pretty sure that's what they do most of the time :/

_Rob_

Where do they hire the artists for these? It's so poorly done, why not just recreate this with the actors?

JL-FreeComic.jpg

Paul Walker auditioned or was up for Superman Flyby, or one of those early-2000 Superman projects. iirc he didn’t want to wear the suit.

Wh... why would anyone ever want to play a super hero, especially one as iconic as Superman, and not want to wear the fucking suit!?! *boggle*

Wh... why would anyone ever want to play a super hero, especially one as iconic as Superman, and not want to wear the fucking suit!?! *boggle*

He didn’t want to. I think that’s the point. His agent probably told him to audition as it’d be a wise career move, but he decided to back out.

Might’ve been a similar story with Jude Law, but I think he never made it past a point in the process. Routh and Cavill were there, well before they got cast in future Superman movies.

I have no idea why they didn't stick with this one. The one in the OP looks like a student's photoshop project

That’s the one you’ll see in theaters.

One in the OP is probably just something thrown together.

Ravelle

I guess it was period of "I'm too cool for costume".

That series finale of Smallville was the most betrayed I've felt, the show had ups and down and stuck to it till the end but that finale hurt me.

Smallville's Green Arrow and Hawkeye were way better than this generation's CW versions though.

That tagline alone is horrific, and combined with the amateurish composition, makes the poster look like the ones I made during my first year with photoshop.

massoluk

Banned
Hilarious in a way that none of the other Leaguers have metallic armor (except Cyborg because that his shticks), but the one that doesn't need it the most has it

Replicant

Things that may improve the poster:

Better costumes
Better typeface/fonts
Better tagline

Unfortunately this poster and the one before it has none of it. Combined with the lacklustre actors they've cast for this film, it makes me not want to see it in the cinema.

Can we reboot this nightmare already? Please?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I have no idea why they didn't stick with this one. The one in the OP looks like a student's photoshop project

That one's great and a fitting Alex Ross homage, but is also ruined by using the hero logos as letters. Always seemed to me like an idea that gets pitched but is ditched when it looks like one of those cut and paste ransom letters. Can't believe they even used it in the new poster, makes it look way too busy.

The flash's suit looks like complete shit... why does it have to be so angular and mechanical? He's not Iron-man, for heaven's sake!

The cyborg in that poster (at least) looks like a Bay-former combined with early 2000 era CG. From a design perspective, it's an absolute mess.

I honestly, don't understand who signs off on a lot of these modern Hollywood movie designs. Everything seems to have been designed by the same dude, these days, with next to no visual identity or uniqueness at all.

I honestly think, Hollywood needs to start hiring videogame artists to model and design some of the more sci-fi and fantastical elements in their movies.

The flash's suit looks like complete shit... why does it have to be so angular and mechanical? He's not Iron-man, for heaven's sake!

The cyborg in that poster (at least) looks like a Bay-former combined with early 2000 era CG. From a design perspective, it's an absolute mess.

I honestly, don't understand who signs off on a lot of these modern Hollywood movie designs. Everything seems to have been designed by the same dude, these days, with next to no visual identity or uniqueness at all.

I honestly think, Hollywood needs to start hiring videogame artists to model and design some of the more sci-fi and fantastical elements in their movies.

Not that I think Flash or Cyborg look good here but Injustice 1 and 2 have a ton of terrible designs.

Bit-Bit

I just spent like five minutes looking for a good "what the fuck" gif but I think this might sum it up for me the best

Bpvb212CcAAYwu3.jpg

Honestly that reads like something Donald Trump would say when explaining it. Just a mish mash of nothing and nonsense trying to sound smart.
Yeah? You think this is them saying nothing?
"It's a prototype suit. It's something that is designed to protect him when he moves incredibly fast through space. And so we studied aerodynamics and vehicle design. What moves through space the fastest? We have this sense of rigid pieces at the front that deflect towards the back....There's a sense of a blade like in a plane wing here, and then venting back here. So it all feels very aerodynamic.

This line is full of insights on design for the Flash suit that shows they put a lot of thought into it.

Also, please stop bringing up Trump, let's not give that egomaniac more discussion than he deserves.

That flash helmet makes him look like a damn xenomorph. Otherwise the suit is fine tho and Ezra Miller was really good casting. Both him and Momoa seem like great choices for their roles and will prolly steal every scene in this

Top Bottom