• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Monster Hunter World trailer shows off Wildspire Waste

Ekid

fmaaZbr.png

If the PC version is more than 2 weeks late I will have to buy it on PS4, it would be nice to be able to transfer a save from console to pc.

AzureFlame

Soo far we have The forest and The Desert, i think that big volcano boss is in the desert as well, I'm hoping we end up with 3 or more big maps and more thorough DLCs.

I never really found MH appealing before for whatever reason, though I'm sure they're great games. The footage from this game though, just looks incredible. Maybe I'm just a graphics snob now but it seems like the pacing of the new one is different to that of the old (or is it just better animations). I don't know, either way I find myself hyped for a Monster Hunter game and that makes me happy.

Kanhir

The only thing that puts me off is that the HBG is a bit Call of Duty. I think I'll be going back to Insect Glaive, though, what with those sick mid-air thrusters.

Raide

Soo far we have The forest and The Desert, i think that big volcano boss is in the desert as well, I'm hoping we end up with 3 or more big maps and more thorough DLCs.

Volcano, Ice and possibly deep mountains etc are bound to happen, based upon previous MH stuff.

Sayad

Game looks amazing but MT Framework is holding it back, assets and animation are phenomenal but lighting and shaders are a bit lacking, high-res pics:
Very weird shimmering in the bottom right of the last image.

Console version is announced for early 2018, while PC is "at a later date".
Well that sucks :(. I have a ps4 too but I'll still wait for the pc version since I finally was able to convince a friend to play it with me since it's coming to pc. Plus I just build a new gaming pc with a 1080 Ti so it would be a waste to not get it for that.

Mory Dunz

Never played MH, but I might get this on PC when it comes out.

Only gripe I have is I think the graphics would be better if it was slightly stylized. And with more color. But everything else looks neat.

Ridley327

Good to see more new stuff and Wildspire looks great as an environment, but I'm still not really feeling the new monsters thus far. They've been based on such well-known archetypes that they out-there visual appearance some of them have just isn't doing enough to make them seem exciting enough. Barroth returning is already infinitely more exciting than anything they've shown off for Anjanath, who comes off as way too stripped down for his species, which is also not helped by the fact that Barroth was the very first brute wyvern that players fought in the series and left such a strong impression (some may say a bit too strong, hehehe...).

That being said, the Hardhorn grind begins anew.

Im blind when did they show off diablos?

I only saw rath,barroth,lavasioth sub, weird dinosaur nose thing, 2 new monsters+final boss

Ravelle

Hmm, i can't find any sort of trailer where it shows how you actually do the battles, how does the combat work then?

It's like a technical boxing match, you study the monsters movements in where his openings lay and you go in for a hit whenever you see an opening, dodging and diving whenever they reach out and counter attack. After a while you know them so well your attacks and movements become second nature and you won't have to think anymore fighting them, it becomes really satisfying.

jahasaja

Hopefully they change how Urgent quests work. Sucked that you had the be the one who posted it to have it be completed. I'd join an urgent quest I was on, helped the other person in the hope he'd help mine if I posted it, but most of the time people just left :(

I really hope so especially when the urgent is that one hit kill bone dragon in generations..

13ruce

Banned
Nice will buy on PS4 (or xbox if my irl friends get it on there) also hoping for a Switch version cuz if that happen 1000s of hours of playtime instead of a couple of hundred.

ViciousDS

Banned
I was never a fan of the slow monster hunter style play when I had freedom on the PSP despite how fun it was with friends......but dear lord, the mounting of mobs, the slingshot and swing style gameplay

this more like dragons dogma with no magic......and I actually think this might be the first monster hunter I buy in a long time. It looks, really fucking good.

Plus everything does seem faster overall..........man.....I hope this is the future of MH

Top Bottom