• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nine Inch Nails album! And more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the whole fucking thing, lol

Does anyone understand the "physical object" of the digital downlod of the new EP?

Does the vinyl version also come with that?

I'm just looking it that... is it basically a USB drive, like QOTSA did, with the hi-res audio files on it?

Also, Rob Sheridan didn't start doing work for NIN until after The Fragile, so it would make sense that he's not involved with that if the original artist is doing the work.

Xun

At least music this year has been decent.

Between this and (purely speculated by me) a Radiohead release around Christmas will do nicely.

//ARCANUM

my understanding of The Fragile Deviations 1 is not that it's a proper re-issue (in that it doesn't have the original version on there). It's all instrumental/alternate versions/new tracks.

You have to buy The Fragile re-issue separately if you want that.

I'm just looking it that... is it basically a USB drive, like QOTSA did, with the hi-res audio files on it?

Also, Rob Sheridan didn't start doing work for NIN until after The Fragile, so it would make sense that he's not involved with that if the original artist is doing the work.

I mean, it's possible it's just a USB, but I doubt it'll be solely the audio files. The wording on the listing makes it seem a bit more special than that. Guess we will see the week of the 1st.

I bought the vinyl and the physical component. I'm a sucker for unique items, and I needed this on vinyl. Best $40 I've spent in a while.

I mean, it's possible it's just a USB, but I doubt it'll be solely the audio files. The wording on the listing makes it seem a bit more special than that. Guess we will see the week of the 1st.

I bought the vinyl and the physical component. I'm a sucker for unique items, and I needed this on vinyl. Best $40 I've spent in a while.

I bought the vinyl, the physical component is higher risk for me as it has to be shipped to the UK, inflating costs with postage.

The Fragile Deviations 1 vinyl is a bit of an eye-watering price this close to Xmas, so I've held off on that. I'll eat up each of those remaster vinyls though (although I'm happy with my Downward Spiral vinyl so may skip that, unless there's something particularly special about it).

Atticus 'joining' NIN is a bit like Radiohead saying Nigel Godrich joined the band. It's a bit of a formality really.

Chorazin

Fuck it, ordered the Digital + Physical Thing, For $12 with free shipping I have to see what they hell they send out.

my understanding of The Fragile Deviations 1 is not that it's a proper re-issue (in that it doesn't have the original version on there). It's all instrumental/alternate versions/new tracks.

You have to buy The Fragile re-issue separately if you want that.
Correct

TheMan

This is amazing. So I guess instead of the 20th anniversary fragile edition that never materialized, he's releasing those vinyls. Wish this would be available digitally instead, but I guess thems the breaks. New EP is super exciting. Guess he kept his word about new material in 2016.

Only thing that bums me out is that Ross will never not be in the picture. I was hoping against hope that he'd leave sooner or later, but they're gonna be BFFs for life at this point.

Technically not a full album.

My man. I was in heavy with the ARG for the album. Think my fan forum username is still listed as "evidence" haha

It's an album to me, dammit.

I love the shit out of Still, especially the exclusive tracks and the stripped-down version of The Becoming.

Bread

Banned
Ordered The Fragile and Deviations, also 100% in for Year Zero when that happens. This is the best news.

It's an album to me, dammit.

I love the shit out of Still, especially the exclusive tracks and the stripped-down version of The Becoming.

Oh make no mistake, I love Still too, and Things Fall Apart, but I get why he's just focusing on the main LPs.

There's no mention of The Slip getting a reissue either, so something is always bound to be left out.

corin7

Neo Member
Best fucking day. Deviations and EP ordered. Will probably order the rest once I get through xmas. Best. Day.

Technically not a full album.

My man. I was in heavy with the ARG for the album. Think my fan forum username is still listed as "evidence" haha
YZ's ARG was what got me interested in NIN actually. I became obsessed with the ARG and when the album dropped I was blown away. Consumed that record and then went backwards through the previous stuff.

Wasn't a vinyl collector then so I missed out. I need to have this YZ reissue. The album holds a special place in my memory and will always be one of my all time favorites

YZ's ARG was what got me interested in NIN actually. I became obsessed with the ARG and when the album dropped I was blown away. Consumed that record and then went backwards through the previous stuff.

Wasn't a vinyl collector then so I missed out. I need to have this YZ reissue. The album holds a special place in my memory and will always be one of my all time favorites

My most prized musical item is The Fragile vinyl first printing.

Sullichin

btw, were any of you on echoingthesound back in the day? i hosted the irc channel for a while.

fond memories of everyone flipping out at the hint of any news.

eh eh eh the hidden tracks at the end...

But yes, I am more or less agreeing with the technicality.

Trust me, I wish we could get reissues of every single release. I mean, fuck, give me a bluray release of And All That Could Have Been while they're at it.

I just went hard in the paint to the tune of $230

God damn dude, I'm already wounded spending $40 haha. Couldn't justify spending more than that, even thought I want it ALL.

That's a damn fine thing to own.

I may love it equally to my own someday children.

Trust me, I wish we could get reissues of every single release. I mean, fuck, give me a bluray release of And All That Could Have Been while they're at it.

I am insane and have all the halos, including the damn VHS Closure so I am with you.

i just want year zero mini series

pls trent pls

I think I liked the ARG more than the album. Wait, God Given is brilliant. I like the ARG on par with that album.

Btw NINGaf in now my favorite Gaf.

Dan-o

Bough the "Digital + Physical Component" version of the EP
Bought Broken (sold mine ages ago... always regretted it)
Bought The Fragile DEVIATIONS 1 4xLP.

I'll get the new EP on vinyl eventually... doesn't seem limited.
Thought about TDS and TF, but I already have both. :D
Might end up getting TF if it's significantly better than the original pressing.

Fuchs

Immediately ordered the digital and physical component as soon as I read the news.

Also fucking lol at the title change:
xfmcz8qg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom