• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PES 2017 hands-on impressions, gameplay

Watching some gameplay and the animations, a jerkiness is still there between the movements, the ball sounds like it weighs about three stone too.

Personally I would like to see PES and FIFA have a two year cycle to give devs more time, just release player roster updates inbetween releases

Thanks for the impressions. Alas, in my opinion the problem with PES 2016 (and 2015) are somewhere else and difficult to notice when playing only a few games using a preview build.

What they need to fix are the horrible referees (which don't give a damn about fouls but can spot an offside position of a few micrometers), the keeper AI and the absolutely abysmal interface and online connectivity. It is still amazing to me that you basically have to sit in front of "Establishing Connection..."-like screens for what feels like 5 minutes until you get into an online game.

Really thinking about buying the next FIFA after a three year hiatus since Konami apparently can't get their shit together.

ChanMan

Looks like the refs are back again, also ball physics and team defending is spot on. Still seeing far too many shots on goal from the CPU.

CaVaYeRo

They just announced Liverpool FC as second official partner club Barça-style, including more detailed depiction, Anfield, legends:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/...verpool+como+nuevo+equipo+con+licencia+total/

_1835893.jpg

_1835903.jpg

Not clear whether Anfield is exclusive (don't think so).

They just announced Liverpool FC as second official partner club Barça-style, including more detailed depiction, Anfield, legends:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/...verpool+como+nuevo+equipo+con+licencia+total/

Not clear whether Anfield is exclusive (don't think so).

Just seen this myself ������

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/merseyside-red-no-more-liverpool-11754084

The Pro Evo twitter account said: "The official partnership means unrivalled access, allowing us to represent them expertly in the game.

"That, of course, includes the incredible likenesses, Player ID and team styles we're known for."

God i can't wait.

cabot

Shame PES didn't get ManU, it will make my decision so much easier.

I'm the exact opposite, loathe ManU and like Liverpool.

#PartnershipWars

Real talk, unless FIFA significantly improve the game itself this year, PES will be my choice anyway.

Majukun

so,what's the general consensus about the 2016 release?
everyone was hyped as hell before it came out..but after that i barely heard it mentioned around the internet

CaVaYeRo

so,what's the general consensus about the 2016 release?
everyone was hyped as hell before it came out..but after that i barely heard it mentioned around the internet

imo? Some good fun for a bunch of matches, lacked depth after first couple of weeks.

For like the second or third year in a row I told myself I was going to be strong and only grab one soccer game this year, yet here I am with Pro Evo and FIFA both preordered again.

PaulLFC

Really happy to see Liverpool licenced. I enjoyed 2016 despite the flaws, and 2017 looks to have addressed them. Looking forward to the demo.

Yen

Another Playstation Access video
Might have actually been telling the truth about the keepers this time, look at these saves.

and these tactical options 👌 Can't wait to go full Klopp as Liverpool with attacking fullbacks and Gegenpress.
This video really interests me, but knowing that 2016's online was pretty dead for much of the year really dissuades me. I was playing against the same people over and over again.

but like is there referees? and keepers?

i liked 2016 a lot in game play, but it just broke down considering I didn't have to really try to score and never conceded fouls.

The guy who deals with the fans Adam is a completely awful individual, treats supporters of the game like garbage, talks to people like garbage and literally sticks his fingers up to PC players.

I don't know what, if anything, has him so annoyed with gamers but I think he is in the wrong business, solely because of the type of individual he is and the way they treat PC players they can stick the game up their ass.

Sounds like someone that is well suited to being at Konami in 2016 then.

It's mad that the PC version is so far behind, why do they even bother with it?

This video really interests me, but knowing that 2016's online was pretty dead for much of the year really dissuades me. I was playing against the same people over and over again.

That's disappointing. I got '16 from the US store last year and because the servers were region locked i could never find a game. This doesn't sound much better.

Ah well.

Robso

No Bayern in the game unfortunately. Not even under a fake name.

Were all the players available to create the Bundesliga manually in PES 2016?

Suzzopher

No Bayern in the game unfortunately. Not even under a fake name.

Were all the players available to create the Bundesliga manually in PES 2016?

What! That's bloody irritating.

Last year it was no Dortumund and now no Bayern.

Are Arsenal licensed? As they are in the Barcelona trailer.

Top Bottom