• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Platinum Games Title - Vanquish (Mikami TPS, PS3/360, Winter 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
IF there is a PS3 version , then I hope SEGA port team handle the PS3 version they need a Second chance :(

darkwings said:
Is it possible to be alive without a head?

NO , the real Mikami died after he beheaded himself cause of RE4 port , this is just a robot of Mikami made by Keiji Inafune who want to invade P.G from the inside , just see , this game is a "western " style titles like the games Inafune makes.

Narcosis

Scythesurge said:
Didn't the leak also say PSP also? It seems weird to me that the game would be on PSP so idk how reliable that leak was. Personally I think it's safe to say its a PS360 game, but we will have to be patient.

Patience indeed, but just to play devils advocate Assassin's Creed, BlazBlue and Tekken 6, while all primarily HD console titles did see ports or close tie-ins announced and/or released on PSP.

But I'd put my money on 360/PS3/PC

jacksrb

Sectus said:
This is one of the most generic concepts I've seen. They could have called it Haze 2, Crysis 2 or Halo 4 and I would have believed them. If this ends up being a generic shooter, I'm gonna bite Mikami.

I don't disagree with you, but what is interesting to me is to see a great Japanese take on the shooter genre, that may be a refreshing/awesome take, or may be a let down.

Either way, it should be different from those games you mentioned.

Hype+1.

I hate trailers that show no gameplay, but after Godhand, Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry, Okami and Bayonetta I'm definitely giving the benefit of the doubt.

...Never played PN 03 or Mad World.

Narcosis said:
Patience indeed, but just to play devils advocate Assassin's Creed, BlazBlue and Tekken 6, while all primarily HD console titles did see ports or close tie-ins announced and/or released on PSP.

But I'd put my money on 360/PS3/PC
Ah, trueche my friend. If it really is on PSP then maybe it's less likely to be a FPS due to lack of second analog stick. Just speculation on my end though. And yes I know that resistance was turned into a 3rd person shooter in its PSP tie-in.

I really want to be this a FPS, just because I want to see what one of the most talented japanese directors can do with the genre.

It will be probably one of the few times we could see this.

Relaxed Muscle said:
I really want to be this a FPS, just because I want to see what one of the most talented japanese directors can do with the genre.

It will be probably one of the few times we could see this.
I'd definitely be interested, but part of me also just doesn't want it to be "another shooter" in a market that is already oversaturated with shooters. I have complete faith in Mikami, I've just been quite a bit burnt out on shooters this gen.

A teaser implying the shooting of robots being a core aspect of the game will always fail to excite me. Hopefully there'll be some cool Platinum-ish nuances, other than the impressively clean-looking armored suit.

jett

D-Member
akachan ningen said:
Did they make enough money from Bayonetta to buy a PS3 dev kit? I hope so because I don't want Sega to fuck up another PG game.

It's more like PG fucked any chance of Sega being able to do a decent PS3 port.

This game reminds me more of Crysis than Halo and I really hope it's in Third Person because Mikami has already proved he can kick ass on that perspective. Really want to see gameplay pci and vids asap; I had previously stated that Platinum needed to do a more mainstream looking project and this could just be it if they play their cards right (although I hope it isn't too much of a souless Western style rip off).

Reading this thread is interesting to see who knows what a Mikami-directed game is all about. His works are some of the rare instances where you can tell one man had an enormous amount of influence on the final design. Especially when in directing role.

JasoNsider said:
Reading this thread is interesting to see who knows what a Mikami-directed game is all about. His works are some of the rare instances where you can tell one man had an enormous amount of influence on the final design. Especially when in directing role.
Yeah exactly, the man has a touch of magic on all of his games, a distinct flavor and flair that is not found elsewhere. The prospect of seeing the man's genuis in this gen makes me very, very excited.

Like the futuristic design and color schemes, but I don't like the lack of revealing what this game is going to be about from a gameplay perspective. What's different about this from other titles besides being what seems to be an action-shooter being headed by Mikami? (Sorry, his and Platinum's involvement isn't enough on its own for me to get really excited.) Damn these teasers...I want more.
image-CD80_4B63099B.jpg

Calcaneus said:
I know you're exaggerating, but really? At best its 2:1 in favor of last gen in terms of new interesting protagonists introduced.

But at least they didnt all look the same. I mean come on, I can barley tell any of most game characters apart these days. Nathan Hale can easily be mistaken for Cole and Drake can be easily mistaken for Alex or even Alan Wake. Most game characters these days dont stand out IMO. They are mostly generic males with guns or a faceless space marine. Every once in a while we will get a Sackboy or a Travis Touchdown.

JudgeN

Totobeni said:
IF there is a PS3 version , then I hope SEGA port team handle the PS3 version they need a Second chance :(

NO , the real Mikami died after he beheaded himself cause of RE4 port , this is just a robot of Mikami made by Keiji Inafune who want to invade P.G from the inside , just see , this game is a "western " style titles like the games Inafune makes.

The problem was never with the port team, the problem was the engine was built completely on the 360 strength/weakness. It was never going to run right on the PS3 and if this game is using the same engine as bayonetta then the results are going to be the same. Wouldn't get your hopes up.

Either way trailer wasn't exciting at all, CG trailer are so useless.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
DigiMish said:
So wait, was America attacked by aliens or another nation?
yea, thats still a question. But im hoping Its not the "Russians" cuz they're almost on NAZI level in shooters these days.

it looks like the game will emphasize a propulsion unit, and alot of targeting

im thinking fighting soldiers for awhile, then possibly having to do a "defend" section, where you'd be trying to protect some special place by targeting a shitload of whatever the hell your fighting and doing it some sort of hyper mode.

when i saw "WARNING: HOT EXHAUST", i pretty much figured your gonna be doing some flying. some kick ass, amazingly animated and awesome sound designed flying.

My god, what did I just watch ?

Halo (futuristic combat and armored design) x Zone of the Enders (the inner space structure) x District 9 (video shots and sound effect) + Mikami (... you know) ...

I've been hit by a the hype train in my weak spot: MASSIVE HYPE

8bit

Knows the Score
Nice to see the Augmented Reaction Suit being dusted off, but I really hope not to see hairy man ass in the Papillon suit.

nemesun

Did the planet America get attacked by an alien elite forces? The trailer looked amazing and loved the soundtrack. hoping for more information in coming weeks. Mikami <3

yencid

Good afternoon! aaaahhh so i was right... it reminded me of metal gear because of the opening... that strange ass live action :lol

twenty1

Banned
LazerRanger said:
This game reminds me more of Crysis than Halo and I really hope it's in Third Person because Mikami has already proved he can kick ass on that perspective. Really want to see gameplay pci and vids asap; I had previously stated that Platinum needed to do a more mainstream looking project and this could just be it if they play their cards right (although I hope it isn't too much of a souless Western style rip off).

They do not need to do a mainstream game.....keep the cult classics coming......they are the equivalent of what Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez are to movies..... Platinum/Clover Games are to games!!!

If they made this trailer for a Wii game, that would be greater than Killzone E3 trailer levels of ridiculous.

Either way, whatever platform, i'm in there like swimwear.

twenty1 said:
They do not need to do a mainstream game.....keep the cult classics coming......they are the equivalent of what Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez are to movies..... Platinum/Clover Games are to games!!!

Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez make money.

velvet_nitemare said:
If they made this trailer for a Wii game, that would be greater than Killzone E3 trailer levels of ridiculous.

At this point there's absolutely no chance that this isn't for the HD consoles.

Fodder76

I'm a huge fan of Platinum/Clover and all their past games. I've been waiting all week for this announcement, and my initial feeling is tremendous disappointment.

Its sad that the few remaining great Japanese developers are more and more feeling the need to make games that cater to a western audience. I love Plantium / Clover for their whacked out Japaneseness and from early impressions this is the total opposite of that.

I hope I am proven wrong.

I understand why they are doing it, but it still saddens me. I guess this is better than them disappearing entirely again.

Arnie

Really surprised to see Platinum create something that seems so visually derivative of other games. Most developers get away with it but I expected more from Platinum, plus I'm kind of booked up when it comes to shooters this year.

It is Mikami so I'm going to assume the game will be fun as hell, but still can't help the feeling of being slightly underwhelmed.

yencid said:
Good afternoon! aaaahhh so i was right... it reminded me of metal gear because of the opening... that strange ass live action :lol
Is it as strange ass as the intro to the original resident evil? :lol

Arnie said:
Really surprised to see Platinum create something that seems so visually derivative of other games. Most developers get away with it but I expected more from Platinum, plus I'm kind of booked up when it comes to shooters this year.

It is Mikami so I'm going to assume the game will be fun as hell, but still can't help the feeling of being slightly underwhelmed.

Well, we haven't really seen the actual game yet. You KNOW the game will have some sort of wild gameplay/scenario twist that none of us are expecting. I am sure it is going to be very score based and heavy on dodge mechanics, etc.

wsippel

Banned
A while ago, Platinum released a photo of Mikamis studio (his team seems to be located in a separate office). And it seemed really, really small. It's also worth noting that there was only a single preview display - with a sensor bar on top and a Wiimote on the table as far as I could tell. No other controllers and no devkits were visible on the photo. But the photo is quite old as far as I know and the Wii setup (or the absence of other systems) isn't conclusive in any way in itself...

mmxzero

I'm kinda hoping that it will have equally impressive 3rd person shooting and hand to hand combat. Like a new age re4 and godhand combo...
could a finishing move roulette fit a game like this?

Anyhow can't wait to actually see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom