• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Platinum Games Title - Vanquish (Mikami TPS, PS3/360, Winter 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dali said:
Yeah I felt a heavy D9 influence coming from the trailer. It was mostly towards the end of the trailer, especially when they showed the inside helmet POV as he was fighting the mechs. It really felt reminiscent of the final scenes in D9. Also a lot of the sound effects seemed straight out of D9.
YES! It wasn't just me.

Sipowicz

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
always so angry. Get one of the HD twins already and stop venting your fury over your own damn fault.

i own the HD daddy! at the very least i'm asking for a PC version. it's not unreasonable, just like it's not unreasonable for PSP games to have online without dropping a few hundred quid on a fucking PS3 that you dont fucking want

Threi said:
This game needs to be an iPad exclusive launch title.

Glass Soldier said:
Now I hope it's on the DS :lol

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

TreIII

duckroll said:
Maybe the gun is a sham. In the actual game, the gun breaks in the first stage and he says FUCK IT, and starts punching and kicking robots with his BARE HANDS. :lol

Several pages old, but this is something I could see! :lol

Seriously though, I'm expecting something special from Mikami. Made this special suit has a whole lot of extra niceties that will the hero/player to be able to fight and kick-ass how they see fit! :D

Go, Mikami, Go!

wsippel said:
A while ago, Platinum released a photo of Mikamis studio (his team seems to be located in a separate office). And it seemed really, really small. It's also worth noting that there was only a single preview display - with a sensor bar on top and a Wiimote on the table as far as I could tell. No other controllers and no devkits were visible on the photo. But the photo is quite old as far as I know and the Wii setup (or the absence of other systems) isn't conclusive in any way in itself...

Link? I really think this is going to be an HD game but then again this whole Wii display thing happened with Mistwalker too and now they're making a Wii game...not this is the same scenario though...

I'd find it weird they would have a live action trailer for a Wii game when the game obviously won't be as realistic on the Wii as the HD consoles. It would be funny if it did turn out to be a Wii game though...

But yeah, link?

Man, GAF would collectively meltdown if it turned out to be a Wii game.

Hell, the internet would meltdown, and bubble through several layers of earth's crust.

Vespa

Mayor Haggar said:

Hell, the internet would meltdown, and bubble through several layers of earth's crust.
I'd cut off my own head if that happened.

yurinka

IMO the trailer looks like a mixture of a generic shooter (like Haze) and PN03. And I'm not a fan of PN03, from that game I only liked the dancing ass.

Let's wait to see some gameplay... not looking forward here.
Mayor Haggar said:

Another shooter on rails? Please, no

Nimyh

Banned
This is definitely not coming to the Wii, Sega is supposedly done with mature Wii games at this point following Madworld, Overkill, Conduit sales.. so not really an option worth discussing.

Nimyh said:
This is definitely not coming to the Wii, Sega is supposedly done with mature Wii games at this point following Madworld, Overkill, Conduit sales.. so not really an option worth discussing.

Probably the production of the game began before this supposedly shift in Sega next steps on the Wii, so that's barely a real reason.

I think the game will be for the PS360, but not for those reasons...

Nimyh said:
You are the sole voice of reason in a sea of insanity

Nimyh said:

No they aren't. Some dude from one of their crappy studios said mature games from them don't really make sense but the business guys statements completely contradicted him.

just wondering why anyone thing platinum are going to become amazing ps3 developers overnight after not even wanting to touch the ps3 for bayonetta????????????

[Nintex]

A while ago, Platinum released a photo of Mikamis studio (his team seems to be located in a separate office). And it seemed really, really small. It's also worth noting that there was only a single preview display - with a sensor bar on top and a Wiimote on the table as far as I could tell. No other controllers and no devkits were visible on the photo. But the photo is quite old as far as I know and the Wii setup (or the absence of other systems) isn't conclusive in any way in itself...
I think that Vanquish isn't for the Wii but still this got me thinking...

Epic Mickey, Wii rumors started when Junction Point released photo's of their studio with visible Wii remotes and sensor bars.
The Last Story, Wii rumors started when Sakaguchi put up photo's of his studio with a Wii devkit in the background.

I'm leaning towards an Xbox 360 game. Considering Microsoft had a few announcements to make.

NinjaFusion said:
just wondering why anyone thing platinum are going to become amazing ps3 developers overnight after not even wanting to touch the ps3 for bayonetta????????????

Platinum has more than one studio, and Mikami has nothing to do with Bayonetta?

faridmon

SecretBonusPoint said:
This also separates the men from the boys in game development.

Mr "I could have made Halo" meet Mr "I WILL MAKE HALO!!" :lol
:lol :lol :lol

omg, this will stuck forever on Miyamoto.

TreIII

[Nintex] said:
I think that Vanquish isn't for the Wii but still this got me thinking...

Epic Mickey, Wii rumors started when Junction Point released photo's of their studio with visible Wii remotes and sensor bars.
The Last Story, Wii rumors started when Sakaguchi put up photo's of his studio with a Wii devkit in the background.

I'm leaning towards an Xbox 360 game. Considering Microsoft had a few announcements to make.

This is still going on?

The design documents that Duckroll was talking about pages ago were the very ones that Sega made themselves. They already confirmed this game for PS3 (and PSP?), which pretty much means this is going to be a PS3/360 type of deal.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TreIII said:
This is still going on?

The design documents that Duckroll was talking about pages ago were the very ones that Sega made themselves. They already confirmed this game for PS3 (and PSP?), which pretty much means this is going to be a PS3/360 type of deal.

I think a link-y might help here. They weren't design docs, but a doc about a meeting with SCEA.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374846

Things could have changed in the interim but I think it's pretty clear from that that it's a HD title and coming to PS3 at least. The most reasonable assumption at this point is that it's a PS3/360 title.

Although the mention of PSP compatibility is interesting. So maybe a PSP version too. And thus maybe a Wii version?
Don't shoot! :(
Really though, if it were coming to handheld(s) as well as home consoles it might suggest it's going to be a fairly big deal for Sega, maybe a new ongoing franchise.

jett

D-Member
gofreak said:
I think a link-y might help here. They weren't design docs, but a doc about a meeting with SCEA.

Things could have changed in the interim but I think it's pretty clear from that that it's a HD title and coming to PS3 at least. The most reasonable assumption at this point is that it's a PS3/360 title.

Although mention PSP compatibility is interesting. So maybe a PSP version too. And thus maybe a Wii version?
Don't shoot! :(
Really though, if it were coming to handheld(s) as well as home consoles it might suggest it's going to be a fairly big deal for Sega, maybe a new ongoing franchise.

Thanks, I was gonna search for this. :p This is pretty much proof that it's a PS360 game.

gofreak said:

You are assuming anyone in that meeting had any clue about anything and weren't just suits going down a list of bullet points.

AAK

Please have good and not generic gameplay. Please do not be an FPS. Please do not be just another generic shooter.

Great CGI though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Son of Godzilla said:
You are assuming anyone in that meeting had any clue about anything and weren't just suits going down a list of bullet points.

It's possible that they raised Vanquish (along with Aliens) discussed it with SCEA, discussed the cost benefit of PSP interoperability from a Sony support POV, and the possibility of E3 booth promotion, all while the game isn't even coming out for a Sony platform. Possible.

But taking that to be the case is a much bigger assumption than taking the minutes at face value. The simplest explanation is that it was mentioned because it is being targeted for a sony platform or platforms, in addition to others given talk about how to give sony some special treatment in return for marketing help at E3. This would hardly be shocking now, would it?

As I said though, things can change. But as of that doc, the timing of that doc, the strongest indication of the target platforms we have is that it's a HD/multiplat title. It's a better basis for speculation on platforms than the nothing we had before...

Dogenzaka said:
Eww that looks way too generic for my tastes. Super-soldier and a gun.
I'll wait for gameplay.
My thoughts while watching the trailer. Then again if they put on the Wii they really don't have much competition on the system :lol

Agnates

Banned
Nimyh said:
Not that I think this is for Wii (yet if it's an old school type game, perhaps an arcade shooter in the Sin & Punishment or PN03 mold with extra modern ideas, pointer controls would be desirable), but most SEGA statements had a positive outlook on those shitty games' sales (I don't see why Overkill's respectable sales are questioned, when large HD projects from high caliber developers sell similarly and are praised for their success), and only some lowly European branch director who has no say in company direction said otherwise. Similar to the CAPCOM statement from France that was then shot down, except not important enough to comment on.

More Fun To Compute said:
I'm surprised that so many people are thinking P.N.03.

You're right, that armor looks nothing like this:

4n66o.gif

Poyunch

SapientWolf said:
I'm crossing my fingers for a melee focused EDF clone.
Well it may change into something like that during the development but from this CG trailer you can see space marine dude hold and shoot a gun.

EXGN

Son of Godzilla said:

Really? REALLY? You think you get to that position by having no fucking idea what their company is doing?

I mean, yeah, they might not get a "Do you know where I could find some sailors around here?" joke. But to assume they went to Sony and tried to sell them a game that isn't even going to that platform? Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom