• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PlayStation Platinum Wireless Headset

Raylan

Banned
2b5035-1484428449.png
VyzYSxU.png

dcpTmdi.png
9R03Yx1.png

Wireless Headset

Features:
7.1 Virtual Surround Sound: Experience rich, highly positional virtual surround sound powered by revolutionary 3D audio technology
3D Audio: In select PS4 games that fully support 3D audio, hear and feel an amazingly rich audio experience with surround sound emanating from all directions, including above and below you
Multi-device Compatibility: Connect wirelessly to your PS4 and personal computer. Connect to a PlayStation VR headset or mobile device with the included 3.5mm audio cable
50mm Drivers: Highly responsive drivers provide amazing clarity and range of sound to your virtual world, from soaring highs and mids to a rich bass.
Exclusive Audio Modes: Download the companion app from PlayStation® Store to tune your headset with audio modes created by developers to bring out every subtle nuance in their game.

Also in the box:
- Wireless Adaptor with 3D audio processing components
- Travel pouch
- 3.5mm Audio Cable
- Micro-USB charge cable

The Platinum Wireless Headset, which will be available at a MSRP of 18,000 yen, $159 USD, €179 and £129, is a high-end gaming headset that makes games on PS4 come alive with rich and immersive audio. The headset boasts premium construction and materials for extra comfort, as well as enhanced highly positional 7.1 virtual surround sound powered by SIE’s proprietary 3D audio technology. Select PS4 games supporting 3D audio for the headset will deliver surround sound from all directions, including above and below you, for more immersive experiences. The new premium headset also features multi-position, hidden noise-cancelling microphones for clearer chat and is also compatible with PS VR and mobile devices using an included 3.5mm audio cable.

Out now!

PlayStation Blog Link

Amazon Link (Available on Amazon: January 19, 2017)

KingJ2002

nothing platinum about it.

The design is very bland and still looks as if it will have build quality issues like the gold.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I hope the build quality is better. I had the original version and while a decent set of official headphones they were pretty fragile and I'm incredibly careful with my sensitive tech and it still cracked.

Elitist1945

The head rest doesn't look very comfy. I guess it having 3D audio will make this a great PSVR compliment though.

Pics_nao

My Golds haven't broken and I've had them for almost 2 years I think but I'd totes get these if they're better.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
3.5mm port on dongle? That alone makes the Pulse Elites better than anything else Sony made.

The original version had this as well. Its actually a very simple but ingenious addition in my opinion and makes for a very versatile headset.

Paznos

Two pairs of the Gold wireless headsets have had their hinges brake now my 2nd pair are duct taped :| I hope they fixed it for these.

Headset looks pretty comfortable. I'll buy it if it works on my PC and includes decent mic monitoring so I can hear my voice during chat.

SpecX

Looks nice along with that camera, but I'm still disappointed no new controller. Making the light bar shine through the touch pad isn't enough Sony.

Based on how it looks, probably not. More than likely will suffer from the same issues as all previous headsets.

Yeah, my first thought was build quality improvement when I saw the title, but it looks even flimsier. That's disappointing because I loved my gold headset, but even as careful as I am with my stuff, it cracked and broke within a year.

Ogawa-san

More plastic hinges... But hey, at least it's a metal band this time, so now I only see two ways it'll self-destroy. Progress!

I could be suckered into buying a new Sony headset if they put bass impact back.

KodaRuss

This thing is going to snap right off right there.

My Gold Headset sure did.

That is where my Gold's just broke as well. They lasted two years of pretty heavy usage. Not as bad as others have said. Might keep my eye on these, wonder what the price will be.

Top Bottom