• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Game to be announced next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickVic

About time for an announcement. It's been what, almost a year and a half since B/W came out in Japan? If this really does end up being a 3DS game, may be the tipping point for me to finally pick one of those up.

Nibel

So, 3DS 2012 is going to be like this then?

yEw2X.gif

What are the chances that this game uses the 3D models from the Pokédex? They look pretty amazing.

I was just thinking about Game Freak for the past week or so. Whatever they make, I hope Masuda's music stays just as awesome as it currently is. Also, I hope they keep the sort of "retro" style graphics Pokémon games have.

wwm0nkey

Be prepared for it to not look anything like that and/or be for DS.

In my experience, never underestimate GF's ability to underwhelm.

Well if its for the DS obviously it wont look like that but if its for the 3DS why not use the models that you have at your disposal?

Metallix87

This could very likely be for 3DS, and be the reason for the models created in Pokedex 3D.

I'm optimistic. My body is, indeed, ready.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So does he mean this Sunday the 26th.. or the next the 4th?

Takao

Banned
Well if its for the DS obviously it wont look like that but if its for the 3DS why not use the models that you have at your disposal?

Did GameFreak make Pokedex 3D? That thing was pretty meh so it sits at the corner of my 3DS menu screen.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This could very likely be for 3DS, and be the reason for the models created in Pokedex 3D.

What about the older Pokemon? If I have to see those Pokemon Stadium models again I'm going to kill myself. I bet it still uses the sprites from the DS games, even if there is a 3DS version.

Natiko

Banned
I hope they make some significant additions. I almost never find what they add worth going through it all again but I could be persuaded if they add some good content.

It really would make no sense to be a DS game even at this point, let alone 6+ months from now. Could you imagine a AAA gamecube game releasing in Summer 2008? This would be equally bizarre.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why do people really wish Grey should be on 3DS?

1. Street/SpotPass
2. Better graphics (potentially)
3. 3D
4. AR shit

If given the choice why would anybody want it on the DS?

He'll probably just announce how to get Keldeo or something.

Which will be through a special event that will unlock when you take Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion into a secret area in Grey.

Why do you people think that weird Pokedex app has anything to do with the next game? It wasn't even made by Game freak, and they have never been one to outsource, especially something as important as the fucking Pokemon models themselves.

Wiseblade

Why do you people think that weird Pokedex app has anything to do with the next game? It wasn't even made by Game freak, and they have never been one to outsource, especially something as important as the fucking Pokemon models themselves.

You have no idea who Creatures Inc. are, do you?

He'll probably just announce how to get Keldeo or something.

Which will be through a special event that will unlock when you take Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion into a secret area in Grey.

I know you're not 100% serious, but he says specifically 'watch Pokemon Smash' in reference to being asked about a third version.

The 3Dex was created by Creatures Inc. if I recall correctly.

Gravijah

oh, finally. will the grey on ds force be shut up? will game freak toss a curveball and release a game on the ds, ignoring the 3ds, which will have been out for over a year and a half? we find out soon!

They will probably use the models they created for the Pokedex App.

Which would look kind of like this.

scaled.php

That looks all fine and dandy... until you realize battles take longer than diamond/pearl.

Give me higher res sprites with attack animations and 'I got hit!' animations, and I'll be happy.

Wichu

That looks all fine and dandy... until you realize battles take longer than diamond/pearl.

Give me higher res sprites with attack animations and 'I got hit!' animations, and I'll be happy.

I don't see why attack and 'I got hit!' animations should take any longer for 3D models than for sprites. As long as they don't mess it up like Genius Sonority did.

EDIT: Also, I think it'll be Gray/Grey, to go with the Kyurem movie coming out later this year. Weren't Black/White announced March 2010? This is the perfect timeframe for announcing a new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom