• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon information to be revealed August 6 (JST)?

Delio

I kinda thought it would be another color but Orange works. Hope the stats are good. Wish it didn't look that close to day form but ah well.

Neiteio

I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that someone out there wanted a third version cause they actually liked the game and wanted more. Like me.

The world doesn't revolve around GAF.

Sigh...
I loved Sun and Moon — they were among my favorite games of 2016 — but Ultra hasn't shown enough to get me excited. Granted, I'm sure the info rollout will ramp up soon.

MegaMelon

Solgaleo and Lunala but with necrozma armour and now Lycanroc. But in orange! C'mon Gamefreak surely you have something better to show us in the 3 months till release.

brinstar

I loved Sun and Moon — they were among my favorite games of 2016 — but Ultra hasn't shown enough to get me excited. Granted, I'm sure the info rollout will ramp up soon.

I mean they haven't really shown anything yet. We've seen new forms for Necrozma/or the box legendaries and now Lycanroc. That's basically equivalent to Platinum/BW2 in terms of new stuff so far.

13ruce

Banned
DGgL71nUQAA4QDR.jpg

That's the most lazy form ever.
I expected not so much and i am still dissapointed:p

I mean they haven't really shown anything yet. We've seen new forms for Necrozma/or the box legendaries and now Lycanroc. That's basically equivalent to Platinum/BW2 in terms of new stuff so far.
BW2 also had new protags like 5 new towns, 2 new gyms, as well as 3 new leaders(as well as the World Tournment, Market road, etc)
Platinum had the Distortion World and a complete gym overhaul for the 3rd through 6th.

So far GF is not invoking any confidence.

Nightbird

We got nothing for two months, and this is how they kick things off?

I mean I get it, we shouldn't have expected more from that show, but even on a international level thats all we're getting?

OK_thumb.jpg

Making me really excited for that game Game Freak!

JazzmanZ

We got nothing for two months, and this is how they kick things off?

I mean I get it, we shouldn't have expected more from that show, but even on a international level thats all we're getting?

OK_thumb.jpg

Making me really excited for that game Game Freak!

this is the same show that debuted Omega Ruby/Alpha sapphire reveals with walking in a small patch of grass followed by renders of the boxart legends

brinstar

BW2 also had new protags like 5 new towns, 2 new gyms, as well as 3 new leaders(as well as the World Tournment, Market road, etc)
Platinum had the Distortion World and a complete gym overhaul for the 3rd through 6th.

I'm talking about in terms of reveals. It's not like they dumped all that out at once.

ffdgh

what did you really except from a TV show that many many times only gave us 10 seconds at max footage from new games?
Nothing else outside of the new form. Was expecting a bit more than orange lycanroc day. It's alright though.

Except they didn't show all that at once. But over time.

Keinning

what did you really except from a TV show that many many times only gave us 10 seconds at max footage from new games?

i knew the show would barely show anything but the new lycanroc form

i expected the new lycanroc form to look... different. like, a new form instead of a recolor
even the description have to mention that the fur and eyes are colored different so people can realize its not the same thing. that's kinda embarassing

it's not a problem with the show but with gamefreak. but that was expected as well

Nightbird

this is the same show that debuted Omega Ruby/Alpha sapphire reveals with walking in a small patch of grass followed by renders of the boxart legends

Yeah I know, there was never more to be expected from that show, this is something I know will never change.

What frustrated me more was the fact that even on a international level, that's all we're getting.

After two months of radio silence I was expecting that TPCi would release a small trailer to tell us what this game is about instead of pulling a Mega Mewtu on us

JoeM86

Guys, come on. It's not "lazy". It's what its concept showcases it as being. It's the Dusk Form, so it's a transition point between Midday Form and Midnight Form and thus has elements of both

Mr-Joker

Banned
Hmm, interesting and would explain why Lycanroc are form rather than split evolution.

Though I am interested in;

-On how does the player obtain one,
-The evolution method the official site suggest that it will be different,
-The stats on the Pokémon,
-Will the typing change,
-Will Lycanroc be the only Pokémon to get a new form for Ultra Sun and Moon,

For me personally I probably won't use it on my team as I used Midday form on my Sun team and I never felt compelled to use Midnight form nor do I feel compelled to use Dusk form.

If we're being honest, I'm not even sure why these games are being made. Who was clamoring for a third version of Sun & Moon like they were X & Y?

I did partly because of tradition, partly because it means I can use different Pokémon and partly because it's a nice send off to a generation and finish up the story, something that X and Y never got.

People were expecting the new form to not look like an edit of the old form.

Then those people don't really understand the whole gimmick of Lycanroc forms.

Plus we had edit of old form being passed off as new Pokémon Alolan form and mega are such example of Game Freak doing that.

The game releases in like 3 months and the only info we got are digivolved legendaries and orange Wolf

Sun was already a disappointement to me but at least the pre-release period was hype

Keinning

I will wait till i see stats and moveset to call it lazy or not

But when you want to make this form one of the selling points of your new game, it's only natural that people expect more than a recolor, even if it "makes sense"

Everyone just check your expectations. Remember the last time Gaf watched Pokenchi?

All we got was "there will be at least 10 new Pokémon statement" from Masuda and the fandom had a shit storm.

Quoting this for a new page. This isn't as bad as the last time Gaf watched Pokénchi together.

Top Bottom