• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon information to be revealed August 6 (JST)?

Opa-Pa

Wow, really nice of them to collaborate with deviantart for this new form. Letting younger fans take part in the creation process is just super sweet. This is a first for the series, right?

Mr-Joker

Banned
Or Meloetta form.

"She ties her hair up and it turns red"

Meloetta at least changes her typing, Keldeo form changes does nothing in the stats or typing.

It's just for cosmetic.

DGgRyobUMAA1b66.jpg

Yeah it doesn't look that bad.

But when you want to make this form one of the selling points of your new game, it's only natural that people expect more than a recolor, even if it "makes sense"

Considering how low key this announcement was, I really doubt that they are using Dusk form as a selling point for Ultra Sun and Moon.

They're clearly hiding something bigger and just getting the smaller news out of the way first.

Hydrus

I think gamefreak needs a major shake up. New creative leadership, bigger teams and a bigger budget. The series has just been going down the drain since XY. Bw2 were the last good games. I don't think they transitioned well to the 3ds era and now I'm worried about the switch era.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I play every mainline game on release but I have zero interest in this. It's hard to see it as anything other than a final cash grab for 3DS.

Interestingly, one of its attacking animation has its eyes turn red as it roars.

I can't deny that I kind of like the design in a vacuum, but when placed next to the other two Lycanrocs I feel like it looks more like a souped-up Day Lycanroc than a true middle-ground form.

Wow, really nice of them to collaborate with deviantart for this new form. Letting younger fans take part in the creation process is just super sweet. This is a first for the series, right?
Well if you're asking a genuine question, I believe that Hitoshi Ariga, who was a designer for the Mega Man games, created some of the X/Y Pokémon designs.

Actually I'm more than familiar with it, since I've seen these with Pokemon Heart golf the first time but it's more the form that bothers me this time

The form will grow on you like the Midnight form grew on me. If the stat spread is better than the other two forms it'll help change your view on it.

iFirez

It definitely looks like more than just a colour swap:
1oRYov5.jpg

But it shares a lot.. A LOT... of resemblance to Midday form rather than Midnight form. The back fur/shape and crescent moon arch of the fur are the main things from Midnight that are visible.

Keinning

1oRYov5.jpg

But it shares a lot.. A LOT... of resemblance to Midday form rather than Midnight form. The back fur/shape and crescent moon arch of the fur are the main things from Midnight that are visible.

still looks like a palette swap with the tail up to me

I play every mainline game on release but I have zero interest in this. It's hard to see it as anything other than a final cash grab for 3DS.

Completely and totally agree. Nothing has stood out so far as must buy features.

And it seems they are perfectly content with it staying that way.

brinstar

1oRYov5.jpg

Yeah it's basically Midday form with the Midnight one's scruff and glowing eyes when it attacks.

iFirez

still looks like a palette swap with the tail up to me

It's tail is still down actually, its just got the arching back fur from Midnight Form along its back now. It's supposed to be a transitional Pokemon form, so the form between Midday and Midnight so it has aspects of both. But its base model is totally Midday form with additions made to it (from a 3D modeling/texture perspective)

Keinning

It's tail is still down actually

i know, you can see it there
but the extra fur from midnight just look like it. it's too small of a difference to be remarkable. i get that it was supposed to be a transition phase, but it's basically the midday model in a diferent color the same way. could at least have changed the posture and animations more, this is too little effort.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I think gamefreak needs a major shake up. New creative leadership, bigger teams and a bigger budget. The series has just been going down the drain since XY. Bw2 were the last good games. I don't think they transitioned well to the 3ds era and now I'm worried about the switch era.

While I will admit that X and Y and the whole of gen 6 has been disappointing, Gen 7 has been strong and that is because they mastered the 3D engine and because there has been a shift in the series director as Masuda stepped down after X and Y.

Ohmori is now the series director and so far he has been doing a good job.

Growlie19

HEY, who spilled orange paint over my Lycanroc?! There goes my chances of winning the Alolan dog show... wait! I'll just call it a new forme! No one will have to know.... (Why are its eyes glowing red? Must be a side effect.)

Yeah, not terribly exciting news. Keep the news coming, though!

Listening to that clip again, anyone else think the cry sounds weird? The other Lycanroc forms make dog noises, this sounds like something that a UB would have.

Wait a minute... wasn't there a rumor on 4Chan or somewhere else where it said we would get new info or trailer on the 6th? Technically it's the 6th in Japan right?

Atheerios

I'm SO excited for the new music.

Wait a minute... wasn't there a rumor on 4Chan or somewhere else where it said we would get new info or trailer on the 6th? Technically it's the 6th in Japan right?

We all knew that. We knew Ohmori was going to be in Pokénchi since last week, the rumor just was just based on that fact.

Smasher89

Was kinda expecting something like Type:Null's final evo or something like that, because I've a feeling it'll have a decently big part of theplot this time due to all that backstory.

Hopeford

This is like the first Pokemon game I'm not excited for. I think after like, near 20 years of playing Pokemon games I'm just burned out.

Like I enjoyed Pokemon Sun and Moon. Team Skull is my favorite evil team, Gladion is a fun rival...but I still gave up and didn't finish right before the Elite 4. I just wasn't feeling it.

Don't think that was on the game either. Hmm. I should probably take a Pokemon break for a year or two.

I absolutely agree. I wanna have high hopes about Ultra, but we know nothing about it.

Dryk

"We took a few polygons from one, pasted it on to the other, changed the colour. You know, new form!"

Oh yeah he has a slightly different haircut now. I mean c'mon going to the groomer and getting dyed doesn't make you a different pokemon, that's just bad.
It's a mix of its two forms with a higher likeability to the mid-day one.
Of course it's not going to look wildly different. There's a concept here.

Red Devil

I had to do compare it side-by-side with the Midday form just to figure out the differences. They didn't even try with this one.

My guess is that they had this one planned a while back but things changed and now they're trying to end Gen 7 as fast as possible.

Keinning

It's a mix of its two forms with a higher likeability to the mid-day one.
Of course it's not going to look wildly different. There's a concept here.

Its not a mix of anything. It's literally midday form with an extra fluff of fur behind its head. "Mix" would imply both forms would have features in this form, which is not the case at all

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh yeah he has a slightly different haircut now. I mean c'mon going to the groomer and getting dyed doesn't make you a different pokemon, that's just bad.

it's funny because Furfrou (the Pokemon that changes appearances based on grooming) looked really more different to the point that they can be form changes with different types too

yyNWA3O.png

i-Jest

I don't know what to expect so I'm keeping an open mind. Maybe we'll see some changes for the better, assuming they've been taking feedback from a global audience. Pokemon sequels have been pretty good in my opinion so I'm generally not worried, looking at you Gold/Silver and Black/White 2.

As far as monster rearing games go, I'm much more excited for Monster Hunter Stories and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hackers Memory.

Forkball

It's not a palette swap guys.

Orange fur, green eyes. That's two palettes right there. Yet people are continuously implying that it is a SINGLE palette when clearly that is not the case. Plus he's got an extra rock. Imagine if you wore a belt one day, and the next, you didn't wear a belt. The difference is so vast that you should be forced to change your name.

Top Bottom