• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Rocket League - Announce Trailer for PS4!

Sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC82dWrFqCE

I have no idea why the first game was so low key on PS3. It was one of the heights of last generation for me. It's basically an extreme game of soccer... With cars.

Here's a fan made montage of footage from the first game to get more of an idea of what it's like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VesXKpkBb9I

Edit: The title was supposed to say "New Rocket League Announce Trailer"

For us, Rocket League is more than just a sequel — it’s also a chance to improve on the first Battle-Cars in nearly every possible way, including:
Improved physics, faster gameplay, and infinitely better visuals
An all-new Season Mode with unlockable items, multiple arenas, and more
The return of 2-, 3- and 4-player split-screen
More vehicles, new stadiums, and more than 100 customization items
Dedicated gameplay servers
A broadcast-quality replay feature that enables players to create their own custom replays of entire games from any camera angle they want
Even more surprises that we’ll reveal closer to release
But wait, there’s more! We’re also excited to announce that Rocket League will debut on PS4 at the PlayStation Experience this weekend in Las Vegas, December 6 and 7!
Drop by our location at Booth I13 and you’ll be able to enjoy four-player split-screen firsthand, while also earning a shot at winning one of the cool, show-exclusive Rocket League shirts highlighted below.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/02/rocket-league-coming-to-ps4-playstation-experience/

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I remember playing the first one for a bit on the PS3. It was hard but fun in a weird way.

Sojgat

Not calling this Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars 2: Rocket League was a big missed opportunity.

Bloodrage

Banned
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars is one of the best party games ever. Seriously overlooked. Had a blast with friends whenever we'd play it on PS3.

This will be brilliant if either the AI is good enough or there's an active MP community.

That being said I'd love a career mode where you can upgrade your cars, make your team, etc.. but I realise that'd probably be expecting too much.

So excited. Extreme soccer with cars that have essentially jetpacks. Season mode sounds great, dedicated servers is huge. Also heard they're going to have lots of options of play. Enjoy playing with the cube instead of the ball in that one mini challenge? Play with the cube online then! Or perhaps if you're feeling really insane add a second ball to the mix.

Would be really cool if they had a high gravity stage and low gravity stage just to keep things fresh.

depward

Played a little on PS3; knew the potential was there but didn't stick with it for some dumb reason.

Won't be the case for the sequel.

JaguarCROW

I am so excited for this game. (And my son is super excited as he is a huge fan of the PS3 predecessor!). I talked to these guys at GDC and they indicated that they are going for a Free + DLC model. I personally just hope they give me a reasonable priced option to buy everything they add to the game (tracks, cars etc).

Can't wait for Spring 2015.

Skittles

One of the best sports games I played last gen. Online was pretty much dead by the time I got to it though. Hopefully it lasts a lot longer this time

One of the best sports games I played last gen. Online was pretty much dead by the time I got to it though. Hopefully it lasts a lot longer this time
It got to a point were the game was only $3, so first if the demo didn't sell my friends then I'd just but it for them anyways so we could play online. Nice thing about games like this is you don't need many people to get online matches going. And if it truly is free to play then that's be great (I have faith in this model, some publishers just don't get it yet).

Oh, and FFS please don't region lock this one!

Hoping this one hits PS+ on release, just to expose it to as many people as possible. The first game was terrific, but just never saw much of a community.

whiteape

Finally…

20150422074344.png

Jellzy

Neo Member
It's out?

This game was so addictive (plat on the the first, my god those challenges!!!) it's a shame that it isn't well known.

A little marketing push coming perhaps?

Top Bottom