• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Odyssey trailer

Red Devil

Has this been posted? Difference with the first trailer and today's.

YNWSkkb.jpg

She looks so much better than she did in the Mario vs. DK games.

pauline_01.png

It's really cool to see Nintendo step out of their comfort zone and take someone who's generally been a throw away spinoff-only character for the past couple of decades and have her feature prominently in a mainline Mario game.

Maybe if a new Wario Land game happens, they could add co-op and have Waluigi be the second player? lol

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
In the new footage the game feels like it's running at 60 fps?

Am I wrong or is it just my new monitor doing things?

I wasn't expecting 60 fps at all.

This looks bananas

man, imagine a Mushroom Kingdom akin to the one in Mario Galaxy's intro (but bigger) with full blown Peach Castle to explore. It has to happen, right? Right?

The game will begin there for sure, to setup the deep plot of Mario falling off the airship and losing his hat. Looks like the game will go in the direction of Mushroom Kingdom, Cap Kingdom, Cascade Kingdom, Sand Kingdom following the direction of the airship.

ec0ec0

Absoluuuutely! They even mentioned that on the video at 5:54: "We've taken great care in creating this detailed sandbox environments for you to explore" When Nintendo brags about that kind of stuff it's because they are no playing around this time and we're going to be blessed with a new masterpiece from EAD (I know they are not called EAD anymore but I forgot their current name lol).

Nintendo EPD

I can't deal with this shit. In one year we get new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Sonic. To top it off, they're "probably" the best iterations in their franchise's in the past decade. I try to be a good person, but I don't think I deserve this. It's too much.

Today we learn all existing 3D Marios are 60fps, except ones that didn't launch on systems with Wii in their name.

Those are some EPIC bullshots at their full 6400 x 3600 resolution! Jesus they look like toys come to life. Give me my 4k dock Nintendo please! ;)

I wonder if you can save photos that big, it wouldn't be out of the question. That res is a multiple of 900p dimensions, curious..

feel

Nintendo once again this year delivering hundreds of hours of pure magic and joy here. Game looks insane.

And guys don't forget the amazing music this game will have too! 3D Mario games always excels on that departmend and I'm 1000% sure Odyssey would be no exception.

chloe-meme-6.jpg

That's the name thanks!

I mean the vocalised theme song is absolutely fantastic, and I never thought I'd say that about a Mario game lol.

Got no doubts whatsoever about the music.

Game continues to look amazing, the capturing enemies mechanic is so wild.

Wait a minute...

"Capturing enemies"

Capturing enemies

Cap turing

giphy.gif

Which came first, the cap throwing mechanic or the enemy capturing mechanic...was it "Hey, we want to have the player capture enemies, let's give Mario a cap to throw" or was it "Mario has this cap he can throw, what if he throws it at enemies and captures them"?

When this came up at the end of the direct, I kept internally screaming at myself to stop watching but couldn't tear my eyes away. It all looked so damn good and varied.

The caveman outfit was my highlight haha. This game can very well eclipse 64 for me, I sure hope it does.

Top Bottom