• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Tales of games ( Wii , DS , PSP , PS2 ) scan

king zell

lol not the best scan ever and i cant seem to make anything out of it :

160140_1.jpg

Speevy

Banned
Those graphics are horrible and amazing. I'm disappointed in what appears to be some sort of bar, but the characters have shiny hair, so that more than makes up for it.

d[-_-]b

Banned
DarknessTear said:
ToS2 for Wii, Tales of Innocence for DS, Tales of Rebirth for PSP, and Tales of Destiny for PS2.
bah it could be for the PS2, Tales of Destiny, dunno OP says Wii,DS,PSP,PS2
but I dun see any of them that say PS2.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
YES for Tales of Symphonia sequel

Did North America even GET the last Tales for the DS? I seem to recall being incredibly excited after playing ToS but then it just disappeared off the radar...

Either way excited for sequel of my favorite in the Tales series ^-^

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
What? New Tales DS? Please don't be Dimps.

It seems Matt was right about ToS 2.

I'd say the whole Tales of Rebirth thing just might be a chance to bring it to the US.. also if that's ToDR for PSP we'd get that too perhaps. I can dream right?

Tabris

Wow, Tales milking is getting worse than Final Fantasy, and unlike Final Fantasy, the gameplay is generally the same between all the titles.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Dragona Akehi said:
TOS2, ten hours long and made by DIMPS.
something something best tales game evarrrr something something

So what's the proper chronology or whatever for all of these games? Tales of is such a confusing franchise to me now.

fernoca

d[-_-]b said:
Fixed my post it must be for the PS2 :D.

I read ToD as too I'm blind :D.
Wrong quote before..sorry.. :lol
Still, all I can figure out...is..
Tales of Symphonia 2: Wii
Tales of Rebirth: PSP
Tales of Innocense: Nintendo DS
Tales of Destiny: ???

Which is was has been posted already.

AniHawk

Y2Kev said:
something something best tales game evarrrr something something

So what's the proper chronology or whatever for all of these games? Tales of is such a confusing franchise to me now.

There really is none.

Here's to hoping ToS2 doesn't suck out loud. I enjoyed the first one outside of some voice acting issues.

ethelred

Tales of Symphonia 2 is a great announcement. That's probably my second favorite in the series, right after Abyss -- as long as it's Team Symphonia making this (and I can't imagine why it wouldn't be, since they haven't done anything else since Abyss), it should be gold.

Tales of Innocence for DS... well, okay. I'm not going to have any confidence in this being something other than a Dimpsified pile of crap until Scamco proves otherwise. The DS is the best-selling system in Japan, it's got fantastic software sales... so they SHOULD be putting some quality, effort, and money into making a real, quality Tales game for the system. Let's hope that's what this is (I really would've loved for 2D, too, incidentally).

It IS interesting that they led the announcements with Tales DS, so maybe that's a good thing. Who knows.

Rebirth is a lot of fun, so cool to see it getting ported, too. And if Destiny R's getting ported, even better -- Destiny's my third favorite in the series, so I'd like to play the remake.

The problem is if the Symphonia team is working on ToS2 the game will probably have the same system which is a total downgrade compared to Abyss. After playing Abyss I can't even enjoy Symphonia anymore because Abyss eclipses it in every aspect. I really want the ToS/TotA team to make something else.

Of course I could be totally wrong and they could deliver again.

Emotions

TOS 2 Wii this is great news, i love TOS!!!.
I hope Tales of Innocence turns out better than Tales of the Tempest we need to hear more details and a translation of the whole article.

DarknessTear said:
The problem is if the Symphonia team is working on ToS2 the game will probably have the same system which is a total downgrade compared to Abyss. After playing Abyss I can't even enjoy Symphonia anymore because Abyss eclipses it in every aspect. I really want the ToS/TotA team to make something else.

nia.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
BrodiemanTTR said:
I liked Tales of Symphonia a lot. Then again this is Bandai-Namco, so I'll keep my expectations appropriately low.
Fixed. Namco's efforts on GCN weren't bad, but since the merger we've seen a fair share of crap.

B.K.

I REALLY hope they decided to release Destiny 2 and Rebirth on PSP in America. I really want to play those two.

Shouta

ethelred said:
And if Destiny R's getting ported, even better -- Destiny's my third favorite in the series, so I'd like to play the remake.

Would be weird to port Destiny R because it just got released this year. However, if it does (assuming PSP anyway), that would be awesome for folks. Destiny R is ridiculously good and folks can experience the best Tales game to date. ;o

ethelred

DarknessTear said:

If Team Symphonia is making ToS2, I can't imagine they're going to retrograde things. They'll take the improvements and refinements they implemented in Abyss and then take things even further.

DarknessTear said:
Free run is seriously important to the 3D games in the series.

Agreed.

Shouta said:
Would be weird to port Destiny R because it just got released this year. However, if it does (assuming PSP anyway), that would be awesome for folks. Destiny R is ridiculously good and folks can experience the best Tales game to date. ;o

Best ever will be tough, but we'll see. I do like the original quite a bit, so yeah, I want to try the remake out.

ethelred said:
If Team Symphonia is making ToS2, I can't imagine they're going to retrograde things. They'll take the improvements and refinements they implemented in Abyss and then take things even further.

Free run is seriously important to the 3D games in the series. That's all I want at the moment.. unless they have some other amazing game changing additions.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dragona Akehi said:
Nope, the Tempest team is split in half: one part to Innocence, the other to TOS2.

srsly

U r just joking...right ? :)

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Here is exactly what all of these are, from 2ch:

Tales of Innocence for DS, Mutsumi Inomata character design, all-new game.

Tales of Rebirth, port to PSP.

Tales of Destiny Director's Cut, at this point platform unknown. PS2?

Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk, for Wii.

cvxfreak

Seems like Tales of Destiny is being re-released or something. But I wonder how they're going about it.

EDIT: Nevermind. Aokage clarified.

Top Bottom