• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tekken Movie set pics! - King of iron 'stashe?

Calcaneus

Awww this movie is gonna be terrible, that Nina/Anna poster already has that terribnle DOA movie look to it.

Will watch for the goggles dude.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Swiped from comingsoon.net...

500x_tekken_movie.jpg

The only way this film will be any good is if they delay the film a year, cast someone as Alisa, and just film scene after scene of her taking her head off and using it to smack around fools with. :lol

test_account

XP-39C²
twinturbo2 said:
Swiped from comingsoon.net...

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/11/500x_tekken_movie.jpg

The only way this film will be any good is if they delay the film a year, cast someone as Alisa, and just film scene after scene of her taking her head off and using it to smack around fools with. :lol
Cool to see some updates on the Tekken movie, thanks for posting this :) I wonder how the film will be.

Jocchan said:
Haha, nice one :)

Zen

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
Here.

"The movie stars Maggie Q (Live Free and Die Hard), Sean Faris (Never Back Down), Will Yun Lee (Elektra), Francoise Yip (Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem), Monique Ganderton (Supernatural) and the coolest Sith Lord ever, Ray Park (a.k.a. Darth Maul from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace). It also looks like the King of Fighters movie will introduce a new science fiction spin into the setting established in the games’ universe by following the surviving members of three legendary fighting clans who are continually whisked away to other dimensions by an evil power. As the fighters enter each new world they battle that universe’s native defenders, while the force that brought them seeks to find a way to invade and infect our world."

:D
:lol

:lol

This sounds like Mortal Kombat. :lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
Well, we have Prince of Persia and Warcraft coming. I forgot that there would still be shit like this.

I mean, for every Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2, we have Wolverine and Catwoman. Can't all be winners!

Oh, and STOP MAKING VIDEO GAME MOVIES THAT MAKE A "GAME" REFERENCE IN THE FUCKIGN TAGLINE. "SURVIVAL IS NO GAME." AHAHAHAHAA I GET IT.

ZeoVGM

Banned
AAK said:

Frankly, the trailer was more impressive than I expected it to be. It certainly looked way better and more polished than Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li and other fighting game movie adaptations. It was felt like Mortal Kombat crossed with X-Men and with some of the sexy, hip, urban youth appeal of the Fast and the Furious films.

Are you kidding me, IGN? :lol

fernoca

luka said:
I will only watch this if Lili is in...with her wedding costume.
Lili's not in.
Saterium said:
I really hope King and Armor King are in this, and still have the masks. That would probably make it awesome.
One of the leaked pics:
10x9001.jpg

K.Jack said:
Damn that's a horrible fucking Heihachi.
Where? Havent' seen any pics of Heihachi in the movie yet..
omg rite said:
Well, we have Prince of Persia and Warcraft coming. I forgot that there would still be shit like this.

I mean, for every Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2, we have Wolverine and Catwoman. Can't all be winners!
Well, the movie has been in development for quite some time and was finished nearly a year ago.... the trailer impressions has been positive..the problems seems to be pointing, that they missed the planned release of the movie along with the game..so many distributors are passing on it, just because of that.

ZeoVGM

Banned
fernoca said:
Lili's not in.

One of the leaked pics:
10x9001.jpg

Where? Havent' seen any pics of Heihachi in the movie yet..

Well, the movie has been in development for quite some time and was finished nearly a year ago.... the trailer impressions has been positive..the problems seems to be pointing, that they missed the planned release of the movie along with the game..so many distributors are passing on it, just because of that.

Hey, I'd love a good Tekken movie, but man, video games have had it worse than comics.

Monocle

The IGN trailer impressions are better than I would have expected, which means next to nothing. Here's hoping the Tekken movie is at least as enjoyable as DOA (though hopefully not for the same reasons). It looks godawful, but who knows.

gwiz210

As long as we get Ganryu proposing to that one girl, getting rejected, and making that funny face like we get in almost every Tekken game, I'll be happy.

Gomu Gomu

When I first saw the title, I was like "yeah, no way I'm gonna waste my time on this shit". But then I saw this:

Rapping Granny said:

Oh god, now I can't wait to see the movie :lol :lol I only want to know wtf is this guy.

Yeah it'll probably be about as good as I'm expecting. Not particularly, but not bad. I primarily care because there has got to be some cool fight scenes in it. Secondarily because I'm somewhat of a fan of the series, at least I used to be back in the PS1 days. And finally, I want to see how they pulled off Yoshimitsu.

Oh and because of that guy.^^

kuYuri

CcrooK said:
Anna seems pretty fitting but Nina? Oh my. Hot yes, but....wow. :lol

Have you seen Nina lately? That poster isn't that far off from how she looks. She also looks similar to this in Tekken 6. :lol

2ik4678.jpg

Top Bottom