• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tekken Movie set pics! - King of iron 'stashe?

fernoca said:
Lili's not in.

One of the leaked pics:
10x9001.jpg
Looks like batista

GrayFoxPL

AAK said:
One of the TZ members went to the premiere. Thread here:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=3958753#post3958753

Gave some of his impressions. Says it wasn't bad. And trailer should be comming soon. We all know it can't compare to this but we'll wait and see.

Another picture of Jon Foo, think he does Jin some justice:

l_45395fa66dd942a68bec7d6f1877f753.jpg
Tekken-6-Jin-Kazama.jpg

Thanks for the head's up! Almost missed it!

Wow. Jin looks perfect! O_O And look it's King! Holy fucking shit! I think I'm going to explode in my pants when I'll see Yoshimitsu.

I'm seriously hyped for this. I recommend reading the zaibatsu thread. :lol

One quote from the poster:
not to give away anything, i'll just mention what i found really bad ass:

- heihachi. good casting.

- kazuya. probably the badest ass throughout the whole movie.

- jin. decent. follows his story throughout the movie. very good action sequences. not as bad ass as kazuya, but it's jin. c'mon.

- nina. tits. :)

- christie. fuckin sexy chick. totally didn't expect her to be so kick ass. cool in person too. :)

- bryan. damn. fucking cyborg. bad ass.

- steve. cool. but no fighting. sucks. no worries. he was like jason statham cool. :)

- yoshimitsu. glad they had him in there. :)

there's more characters i'm not mentioning (law, paul, eddy, raven, sergei, jun, miguel, anna, jacks?), but just wanted to definately mention those characters.

Btw. There are new pictures on the myspace page from the op. But check this out: They are low res screen captures of a tv programme offscreen footage of a guy watching the trailer in a tiny window. :lol

No, you can't see anything! :lol

Wark

GrayFoxPL said:
Dvd cover:

l_eca0ce9b39bf4a1590bbd9dbebe6aca2.jpg

What? This is straight to dvd?

Nice to see the characters looking how they should
with exception to the facial hair.
:lol Good to see Yoshimitsu looking like himself too.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So, I should skip this and wait for the Prince of Persia movie, then, and that the Mortal Kombat movie is still the golden standard for video game movies...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
comedy bomb said:
Looks terrible.

I want to see it : /

HE APPEARS TO BE FIGHTING A SPACE NINJA

Looks remarkably authentic. I would cheer if he smashes a Panda's face in.

Shame they didn't get Connery for Heihachi.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
twinturbo2 said:
So, I should skip this and wait for the Prince of Persia movie, then, and that the Mortal Kombat movie is still the golden standard for video game movies...

How fucking sad is that?

OuterWorldVoice said:
HE APPEARS TO BE FIGHTING A SPACE NINJA

Looks remarkably authentic. I would cheer if he smashes a Panda's face in.

Shame they didn't get Connery for Heihachi.

I think this is the first time I've been disappointed with how authentic a game-based movie is.

ultim8p00

Banned
DR2K said:
I could see myself watching it, I'm a sucker for fighting game movies. No matter how awful.

Me too. I was like "I'd watch this" but then I was waiting for someone on GAF to say it first.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
After a second watching, this could be awesome.

All it needs is the dramatic arc of American Kickboxer, with what appears to be the visual flair of Tekken.

harSon

Banned
Actually doesn't look that bad outside of the main character.

And the black dude at the end of the trailer reminds me of Wesley Snipes in a fusion of his Blade and Demolition Man roles :lol

jufonuk

not tag worthy
VibratingDonkey said:
Looks better than pretty much every other movie based on a fighting game.

QFT looks like it is going back to the old *0's style Revenge movie , shades of king of the Kick Boxers

and the gold Standard for Fighting Game Movies Is Street Figther II is soooo bad it is awesome :)

Pachinko

This looks about as good as one could expect from a movie based a 3rd rate fighting game. I give it props for actually seeming to feature a decent chunk of the cast and a fair amount of fighting instead of troubling us with all the bullshit story they usually throw in these movies- dead or alive for example.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Pachinko said:
This looks about as good as one could expect from a movie based a 3rd rate fighting game. I give it props for actually seeming to feature a decent chunk of the cast and a fair amount of fighting instead of troubling us with all the bullshit story they usually throw in these movies- dead or alive for example.

had T and A Awesome!!

duckroll

Trailer doesn't look awful at all. It certainly looks like Tekken, and I can recognize the characters and the "storyline" for sure. More than I can say for any other fighting game movie adaptation except for Mortal Kombat. Might watch.... on cable. :lol

neorej

ERMYGERD!
harSon said:
Actually doesn't look that bad outside of the main character.

And the black dude at the end of the trailer reminds me of Wesley Snipes in a fusion of his Blade and Demolition Man roles :lol

That's Raven, his original character design was based on Snipes in Demolition Man IIRC. They just gave him a better pair of shades, which is where the Blade-part kicks in.

OT: the trailer looked better than expected (which isn't saying much, considering I wasn't expecting anything), but I'll probably give this a shot.

jett

D-Member
That was wretched. It looked like it was shot by someone who doesn't have a clue and produced on a shoestring budget.

UNDERSTAR

Banned
I'll see this movie but my expectations are pretty low due to being its a videogame - movie. I enjoy Street Fighter The Movie and Dead or Alive so we'll see how campy this movie will be.:D

honestly, that trailer was interesting. i definitely will see it.

on another note, i finally saw resident evil: degeneration yesterday. wasnt too bad actually, better than i thought.

G-Fex

Well that looks better and more accurate than current video game movies such as alone in the dark and other crap like resident evil. Can't wait to see yoshimitsu.

GrayFoxPL

That was one of the worse made trailers I saw in many, many years. :(

Terrible editing.

Fucking generic, lame, copy pasted sound effects: PTWEEW PTWEEW! - What the fuck is that???

The fucking dreadful music.

I see they have a movie there, and you can make brilliant trailer even for awful film, but here they fucked up real bad.

I really, really hope that person that made the trailer wasn't involved in making the movie.

The material is there and pretty cool - Yoshimitsu! I just hope the movie isn't put together like the trailer.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Could have been good, I wish I was glad, instead it is bad, which makes me sad, because it's a fad, and now I am mad. Fuck.

GrayFoxPL

duckroll said:
Trailer doesn't look awful at all. It certainly looks like Tekken, and I can recognize the characters and the "storyline" for sure. More than I can say for any other fighting game movie adaptation except for Mortal Kombat. Might watch.... on cable. :lol

Really? What part of it?

The characters are there, but the story is totally changed.

Unless I missed a game where: Christine is Jin's love interest(unrelated characters in game).
Heihachi killed Jun.
Kazuya and Heihachi are working together.
Steve Fox doesn't fight, but trains Jin. (Another unrelated pair)
Yoshimitsu and Bryan work for Mishimas as it's assumed from the trailer.
Kazuya is fighting with a set of axes!

And other stupid shit.

Anyway, I watched the trailer couple more times and the highest points are still glimpses of Yoshimitsu.

Top Bottom