• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "The Last of Us" Trailer

Ellie...MMM...
Ele59.jpg

Oh and the trailer was awesome too.

Nice trailer, very interested but I won't be sold until I see gameplay. I just really hope it doesn't rely too heavily on uncharted style shootouts (looks like one is about to happen immediately after the cut here).

I doubt it since they've said in interviews that guns/ammo are very sparse in the game.

Nizz

Nice trailer. I'm dying to see some gameplay though, hopefully they knock an E3 demo out of the park with this one. Also, I never really had a problem with Ellen "Ellie" Page. Doesn't seem like they tweaked that character too much.

Outstanding setting & details. Makes you feel very immersed in that world.

I wonder what the game mechanic ends up being though? It can't really be Uncharted gun gameplay due to the simple fact that Ammo is limited and apparently lots of the bad guys will melee attack you.

I'll have a feeling we'll see the gameplay demo at E3 for what happens after that cutscene ended. Can't wait.

Imagine what ND could do on next gen....?

99% sure that's exactly right. The Game Informer screenshots showed them in the same area escaping from building, which was probably the one they crashed into, with goons trying to catch them.

Well... At this stage anything can be beautiful in a cutscene so I won't say I'm impressed. If the ingame content is as beautiful as what we saw here, then I'll be impressed. I hope it's playable at E3.

yencid

Nice trailer, very interested but I won't be sold until I see gameplay. I just really hope it doesn't rely too heavily on uncharted style shootouts (looks like one is about to happen immediately after the cut here).

Are you forgetting the reveal trailer? Ellie scavenging for ammo? Or the fact that only one of the enemies had a gun, the rest had tools made into weapons. I doubt this game will be like uncharted in terms of shootouts.

Carl

Doubt it will, seeing as ammo is supposed to be a scarcity, and weapons degrade with use.

kharma45

Well... At this stage anything can be beautiful in a cutscene so I won't say I'm impressed. If the ingame content is as beautiful as what we saw here, then I'll be impressed. I hope it's playable at E3.

Yeah same, I'll wait until I see it in action before judging it.

bomma_man

Looks good but waiting for gameplay. Pretty sceptical of ND's claims about redefining game story's if tgey're still relying on cutscenes, but as long as the game's good I won't really care.

Top Bottom