• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "The Last of Us" Trailer

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah ok, great cinematics as usual from ND, but why haven't they shown gameplay footage?
They're still teasing us. I'm guessing gameplay will be shown at E3 (probably at the Sony conference), and that we'll have a pretty steady stream of info from then on to release.

lmao this made me laugh in the youtube comments

SVm7E.png
Hah!

Wasn't looking forward to this much as it's yet another game with a post apocalyptic setting/ American city/ with zombies but that trailer has me interested. Think there are going to be a lot of tense moments in the game and it will be a bit more mature than the usual fare. Just hope they learned from the criticism of U3 and give more control back to the player and allow more freedom.

Tiktaalik

I'm predicting that the big, meaty gameplay hands on for this game will be shown at Sony's presser and it'll save the whole thing from being a big disaster.

Fezan

ok naughty dogs what have you done with the lightning engine.it looks so natural :O.
and i thought u3 was top in class when it comes to realistic lightning

kswiston

They are definitely succeeding so far on capturing a Children of Men/The Road feel to the world. Too bad the actual gameplay will probably ruin it. It's pretty hard to capture a bleak, somber tone, when you also have to entertain people with enough action (aka shooting dudes) to make back your invested money.

sTeLioSco

Banned
Again, they look exactly the same to me.

GVORm.png

Sure, there's been the occasional quote here and there, but developer Naughty Dog has been really quiet about The Last of Us, its first non-Uncharted PlayStation 3 game. Months ago, we met survivors Joel and Ellie as they battled infected humans turned monsters, but then, the game went dark. Today, Naughty Dog is ready to reveal a new cutscene from the game and answer some questions -- like why the studio already tweaked Ellie's design. Take a look at the trailer below and IGN's Rewind Theater. Then, check back in a bit for a Q&A session with the folks behind the game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/15/the-last-of-us-new-trailer-new-ellie

they changed her a bit.......

They are definitely succeeding so far on capturing a Children of Men/The Road feel to the world. Too bad the actual gameplay will probably ruin it. It's pretty hard to capture a bleak, somber tone, when you also have to entertain people with enough action (aka shooting dudes) to make back your invested money.

Not really. That I Am Alive game did a pretty good job at creating gameplay with very little ammo/action. So did something like Heavy Rain.

jett

D-Member

It's sad that the notion of how often you're shooting dudes is the metric by which a game's success is predicted.

I think Neil Druckmann is aiming for different things here, god bless him.

kswiston

It's sad that the notion of how often you're shooting dudes is the metric by which a game's success is predicted.

I think Neil Druckmann is aiming for different things here, god bless him.

It holds up pretty well. Like explosions in a Bay movie.

Anyhow, if this is something different, I am all for it.

i-Lo

Wow! 0_o

They did change the model of Ellie a bit and still looks fantastisch!

I mean:
- Visually it looks stupendous! Stupendous! Suspenders!
- Great music selection (gave me a bit of wild west feel)
- Cinematic animation = Woah!
- IIRC it's being developed by ND's team 1 who created U2

I am beginning to wonder just what they will achieve with next gen hardware *imagines and jizzes*

Sony desperately needs this game to release this holiday season. I doubt it will, but they really need it to. So far their holiday line up is very weak.

kswiston

Funny that I have never heard that song before. Looking through iTunes, it seems to have been covered a ton of times, so I would imagine that it was fairly popular in the 40s/50s

J-Rock

Banned
I'm not a fan of movie trailers for games. Hope we see gameplay next time. I'm also wondering if DayZ has altered the way I look at survival games now too.

UrbanRats

you sure about that face proportions thing? we're viewing her at a different angle and all. The eyes look the same ti me.

I'm not basing my opinion on that comparison pic alone, but on the trailer.
The eyes look larger to me, and the face a bit more youngish, but we're discussing impressions here, so no, i can't be "sure" about it. :)
Also, i really don't want to drag this discussion all along the thread, so yeah..

I'm not basing my opinion on that comparison pic alone, but on the traler.
The eyes look larger to me, and the face a bit more youngish, but we're discussing impressions here, so no, i can't be "sure" about it. :)
Also, i really don't want to drag this discussion all along the thread, so yeah..
no, let's.

so yea im right ur wrong.

Top Bottom