• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "The Last of Us" Trailer

Looks like this is more of the Pittsburgh setting. Can anyone tell exactly where they are?

If I remember the GI article, they are in Pittsburgh. But someone already said multiple locations and I think they're moving towards the West in this game. I'd be interested in seeing ND's take on a destroyed Vegas actually.

Wow, this game is looking to be great! It looks like Naughty Dog is doing a great job. I hope the gameplay doesn't disappoint our expectations and hopefully we'll have some footage of it at E3.

SVm7E.png
VZ8xs.gif

geebee

Banned
Animation style looks a bit cartoony.. or exaggerated I guess you could say. Not sure if I like that given the setting.. then again this was just a CG trailer.

It just looks like a cutscene taken straight from the game

I guess it's one way of showing how cinematic the experience will be
I think relying on cutscenes to showcase how cinematic your game is a failure of game design. ND is sorta good at cinematic gameplay though, at least when they don't take away too much control from the player.

Well it's not real time so the gameplay isn't gonna look exactly like it. Same with the Uncharted series. The cutscenes are prerendered with added effects.

I think relying on cutscenes to showcase how cinematic your game is a failure of game design. ND is sorta good at cinematic gameplay though, at least when they don't take away too much control from the player.

I think you're reading too much into it, they're just waiting for a bigger showcase of the actual gameplay
E3
which you can bet will be as cinematic as we've come to expect

Pranay

Well it's not real time so the gameplay isn't gonna look exactly like it. Same with the Uncharted series. The cutscenes are prerendered with added effects.

its not CG either.

and yes should check out the last of us GI info of what we know , the is completely different from unchartd and rather they wish to give more control to the player on handing a situation

J-Rock

Banned
How many people knew that guy wasn't really hurt and was some kind of bandit trying to bait them into stopping?

well that looks great and all, but damnit, what is it with the marketing for this game, they are so secretive about the gameplay footage, game press have already see gameplay footage (although not playable to press) shortly after the reveal trailer last year. I've read the preview so much from website and magazine that it almost felt like I know what it looks and plays like.

I damn hope if they decide to show a gameplay demo for E3, it's not the same old section they've been showing to the press, that'd be kinda boring.

Bombadil

Banned
Another "cinematic" experience from Naughty Dog.

Why don't they just make films instead of developing brief periods of typical shooter gameplay interspersed within film-ic cutscenes?

novaimagemy3l3s.png

lol I meant looks like a norman rockwell painting.

Norman-Rockwell-Poster-Card-C10231128.jpeg.jpg

something about ellies face and the smoothness in that image.

anyhow. This thing is gonna be gud!

Again, they look exactly the same to me.

GVORm.png

The hair on the new model looks more natural, but everything else (i.e. the freckles, lip coloration, eyes) looks more real on the previous.

It's like when the real MGS4 engine was developed Snake ended up looking like a caricature as opposed to the Tom Selleck-looking model they had for the initial teaser.

Neiteio

How have we generated three pages of talk over a trailer that exhibits some nice faces (well, the girl anyway) and realistic brick facades, but essentially just involves a guy faking a wound, getting hit by a truck, and said truck crashing after being ambushed?

Man, pre-E3. SO BORED.

The_Monk

Day one. I'm very curious about this game, surviving setting makes it even better for me.

Wonder if there will be a Collector's Edition like a survival kit, hehe. I wish...

The hair on the new model looks more natural, but everything else (i.e. the freckles, lip coloration, eyes) looks more real on the previous.

It's like when the real MGS4 engine was developed Snake ended up looking like a caricature as opposed to the Tom Selleck-looking model they had for the initial teaser.

Didn't even notice till you mentioned it, but the hair does look ridiculously good. You can even see a single hair hanging on the left side.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Damn that still that's floating throughout the thread looks like concept art. Its obvious this game will have a heavy e3 showing, there we'll finally see gameplay. I think Ellie looks the same but as she was just waking up she will look different. Surprised she had trouble discerning that the guy wasn't genuinely hurt considering she was born after this hell began but I guess she's lived in what would be a sheltered environment in her time she still hasn't picked up on the things marauders do.

My biggest hope for this game is that sound be greatly used, I really want weapons to "BOOM!" and deliever appropriate feedback/kick and make enemies react convincingly. Think that will go a long way in conveying a sense of realism for the game world and the players.

J-Rock

Banned
Pretty much anybody who bothered to read the GI article

Pretty much anyone with a working brain. I'm surprised a story focused trailer featured such a generic/predictable plot twist. I really hoping this game isn't filled with too many predictable survival movie cliches. Of course I won't give a shit if the gameplay is amazing. Just hoping this has a nice balance between the two.

Clott

It looks very good, Naughty Dog have been on a such a good roll lately that I don't think they can screw this one up.

Plus with the Uncharted franchise they couldn't play with the formula, but with this they can use all their great ideas that were too different to the Uncharted formula.

If they don't do something different, it's gonna be a blunder.

Ran rp

Didn't even notice till you mentioned it, but the hair does look ridiculously good. You can even see a single hair hanging on the left side.

I don't remember how well cutscenes held up in Uncharted 3 compared to trailers but single strands of hair will probably be ruined by aliasing.

Ranger X

Well, I'm starting to like this. We all have a good idea of what the gameplay will be (standard stuff) but now they are slowly building a mood I really want to live in.

Pranay

How have we generated three pages of talk over a trailer that exhibits some nice faces (well, the girl anyway) and realistic brick facades, but essentially just involves a guy faking a wound, getting hit by a truck, and said truck crashing after being ambushed?

Man, pre-E3. SO BORED.

or we just a teaser of the one of the most awaited game ?

Top Bottom