• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tony Hawk game will be a mobile exclusive

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
OlliOlli would not work on an iOS device, thats a load of shit. Seriously its so ridiculous a game that requires the inputs it has would work on a touch screen. It wouldn't be the same game at all.

Normally this news would bum me out but I had zero confidence that a good Tony Hawk game could be made in this day and age anyway.

bigkrev

Activision has not done much on iOS except some CoD Zombie stuff, which I don't think have microtransactions.

I'm actually way more excited for this than any console release- This is probably going to be a game made for the platform instead of something with clumsy on screen controls. If the game ends up being something like OliOli, i'll be pretty happy.

Edit: I actually went and checked- Call of Duty and Wipeout both have microtransactions, but none of the reviews mentioned them and niether game is free to play. The F2P Skylanders game that is a clone of every other F2P game has a ton of them though.

fingerboard-o.gif

No. Just no.

Olli Olli made a better Tony Hawk's game than you guys ever will at this point.

ZenTzen

there was never gonna be a great return, the time for skateboarding games has passed, it was never gonna get big again

Xenon

The last time I cared about a Tony Hawk game was on the Dreamcast, so no big deal. Maybe they could do something new with touch controls to make it interesting...
LOL

THEaaron

Yeah. The industry is like - oh no. Making games is sooo hard. And then put trash on mobile platforms.

Awww. This has to stop. The worst part is that they waste huge IPs from earlier times and remake them on mobile platforms.. dunno. That's like making a new Alien series and put it on 10am on the television every day.

WasteWasteWasteWaste

What a waste. I'm sure all the board members are satisfied though.

Looking forward to the ios game market crashing one day, just saying.

Xater

Guess that#s Activision's last "effort" to squeeze some more money out of the license before ditching it completely.

Chabbles

Not surprising considering a thread here on gaf afew months back stating the same thing.. Pretty sure there was an interview with Tony, where he was saying something along the lines of "mobile is where its at now".

Top Bottom