• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer for The Division (3 minutes)

Zukkoyaki

Hot damn. I've been cautiously optimistic about this game for awhile and after this footage and repeated confirmation that it's an RPG first, I'm rather stoked!

Experien

From steam
"With the Season Pass, you'll receive a full year of major expansions and exclusive benefits. More details to be revealed soon !"

So nope.

Could be a cool new section of the the world with lots of places to explore, could be a bunch of skins. Hopefully more of the former if I go the Gold route.

I've been 100% sold on this from the moment they showed it.

I keep getting good vibes and this trailer was top notch even if I can't understand it.

Straight into my veins!

Darkwater

As I understand it, most of the people who worked there back when they developed World in Conflict have left the studio, so its mostly new people.

Which is a bit sad, I was really hoping for a sequel for WiC (one of the best RTS games ever) and now I fear the dream is definitely dead. :(

Yep. It seems WiC-era Massive and Division-Massive are quite different. Case in point: Martin Walfisz, the enthousiastic man from the World in Conflict trailers like this one. I am not judging the man in the least, but his LinkedIn profile indicates he is out of the triple-A videogame business completely. Of course Walfisz is just one man, but it's also been almost ten years since WiC and they've been bought by Ubi in the meantime, so that to me hints at Walfisz only being the tip of the iceberg. Also, what have they done in between these two games? Hardly anything.

Honestly, I suspect any hype over this game because it's from Massive isn't really justified.

reKon

Banned
can't watch this at work, but game actually is looking pretty good then?

I want to be believe...

but UBISOFT

Z3M0G

If you play MP, must you fend off other players who try to steal your loot? Or are there co-op modes that don't deal with that?

Theorry

Really love the bad guys in this game. It dark its rough. Glad its 18+ game. Bad guys feel alot like Batman bad guys?

xLwae4C.png

Abit closer look to the base building. Like that side missions have in that way a purpose and upgrading a base unlocks further the story and you own skills because the base gets more advanced.

1hdDStJ.jpg

Bounties?

fsLTbDZ.png

Looks like there is a skill also tight to maybe RB and LB (bumpers) together. Because the left one is a turret the right one (wich you dont see) is a healing and the middle is a super healing. Reason probably that the right healing also gets activated even if you do the super healing thing. Because with the alpha the normal healing skill was a sort of gun you shoot at your buddies to heal them. The super healing looks more like a pulse. To get more people healed in one go.

heM2xm5.jpg

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Yep. It seems WiC-era Massive and Division-Massive are quite different. Case in point: Martin Walfisz, the enthousiastic man from the World in Conflict trailers like this one. I am not judging the man in the least, but his LinkedIn profile indicates he is out of the triple-A videogame business completely. Of course Walfisz is just one man, but it's also been almost ten years since WiC and they've been bought by Ubi in the meantime, so that to me hints at Walfisz only being the tip of the iceberg. Also, what have they done in between these two games? Hardly anything.

Honestly, I suspect any hype over this game because it's from Massive isn't really justified.

Eh. Quite the leaps in logic and assumptions you are making.

Just because he is gone, does not mean everyone else is, or that the worth ethic or spirt of the developer has changed. Game devs are constantly evolving entities, that does not mean they can't maintain game to game integrity of quality.

Has Ubi said how big the map is?

Like, can I go to my block in Brooklyn? Or is this restricted to Brooklyn Bridge-area Brooklyn?

I can't speak to the density of each section, but I do know that you'll be able to travel into Queens and Manhattan as well. From what I understand, the maps are pretty big and there's quite a bit of verticality. It's been said a few times that you'll be able to snipe from the rooftops if that's what you wanted to do.

Really love the bad guys in this game. It dark its rough. Glad its 18+ game. Bad guys feel alot like Batman bad guys?

From what I can remember, there are two different factions of enemies in the game. The Cleaners are the guys with the flame throwers. Their main goal is to get rid of the virus by getting rid of the population. There are also the Rikers, the convicts that escaped from the prision. They're just out to cause a bit of chaos. I can't recall, but I think I remember a video where they said there were more factions, but I'm not 100%.

that input lag was pretty bad tho, i hope its better on ps4 but i doubt it. Devs should focus more on really responsive controls imo.

Look at destiny/the order.. 30fps games can feel really good

Zakard

I dont quite get the setting. It seems to be post apocalyptic but they have high-end gear? Is there anything I am missing here?

Theorry

From what I can remember, there are two different factions of enemies in the game. The Cleaners are the guys with the flame throwers. Their main goal is to get rid of the virus by getting rid of the population. There are also the Rikers, the convicts that escaped from the prision. They're just out to cause a bit of chaos. I can't recall, but I think I remember a video where they said there were more factions, but I'm not 100%.

There are more i believe. Just abit smaller. Indeed the cleaners were first with the city to burn the dead. But when everything went to shit they got locked up in the city and they just went abit mad and starting killing people like you said to kill the virus.

yurinka

Will it beat out Batllefront or the Order 1886? Maybe not, but it will still be among the best looking games available.
Remember also that The Order is a single player "corridor" exclusive game, not an open world multiplayer and multiplatform game.

This is Ubisoft's take on Destiny right? I remember the initial reveal and was excited until it got delayed. Will sign up for the beta.

I dont quite get the setting. It seems to be post apocalyptic but they have high-end gear? Is there anything I am missing here?

You're in the midst of a pandemic that began on Black Friday. It's determined that the virus was spread through bank notes and your job to get to the bottom of it. You're part of a classified agency called the Strategic Homeland Division. The SHD train their operatives to work with or without command, thus The Division.

In summation, the SHD are one of the last hopes to regain civility to the country.

Gurish

Don't know if it was downgraded or not, but even if it did it's not a big downgrade like with WD, it still looks incredible (unlike with WD that looked average), definitely one of the best looking games out there.

Kinyou

As I understand it, most of the people who worked there back when they developed World in Conflict have left the studio, so its mostly new people.

Which is a bit sad, I was really hoping for a sequel for WiC (one of the best RTS games ever) and now I fear the dream is definitely dead. :(
I want another Ground Control :(

I wish their dev team would come out of their crunch/hibernation already and just blow this thing wide open for us.

Like others said in this thread... I'm still worried about another delay.

It's RARE these days a big AAA push title like this one is kept so tight as a drum to not let out information, because they have to sell people on it. If they really are just trying to keep it all hush hush so you experience it when you finally get the game I would be quite impressed.

I want that PS4 beta though ASAP. I hope it's before February 16 AKA SF5. It'll be hard to pull me away from that at its initial release.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I wish their dev team would come out of their crunch/hibernation already and just blow this thing wide open for us.

Like others said in this thread... I'm still worried about another delay.

Well this thread is about a trailer that released today, that states in the trailer 'arch 8th 2016.

So while a delay is still possible, they obviously don't think there will be one at this point in time.

Tecnniqe

Banned

FX-GMC

You can get a beta for free from pre-ordering through Amazon.

Just letting people know as that bundle is essentially worthless unless you are deep into the Uplay platform.

Yeah, I heard about that trick during the Alpha but it just doesn't feel right to do for me personally. The bundle has helped fill up my UPlay library (that largely goes ignored).

Top Bottom